elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow play MEN

Go down 
+50
evilpixie
Cestriansteve
andy_landy
Weepsie
sparkly
oneofthethree
ChrissyBoy
the mexican
neil68
TamedLamia
sparky
redliz2
ChrisMcW
Mr Woman
Kim
a5quared
Bright Grey
LongLegs
Tailfly
fadeupyoursmile
takemeanywhere
Misspelt Yoof
ChrissieInFL
Diaan
Fancy Pants
KieranFunzig
Cozzer
Honorella
Emma G
newborn
Lynne
Rockport
Glendarian
Jools
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
bluefield
mrswoman
hilaryg
josephblack
ticky
nellie
nikkijaydee
Jones
lucky with disease
MagicalTrevor
My Bury Vest
Lillybef
al
sundaygirl
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:26

Sounds like you all had an amazing time. I was thinking of you all whilst at Wembley. The pictures were great and it looks like you all managed to get right at the front. Looking forward to the broadcast of the gig in November, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:38

I'm a little worried about the broadcast... I think they've got me crying at least once!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:46

"Egg sarnie, mug of coffee and a photo with Mr Garvey, please". Thumbs Up!

Sorry you couldn't get there Lynne, but as mentioned earlier there might be chance of a DVD.

Don't think I can add much more to what's already been said apart from a big thank you to all the folk old and new who made it such an amazing party atmosphere before, during and after. Particularly those who were game enough for a laugh in various ways!

There's a few people already mentioned doing something as a meet-up 'excuse' to help deal with 'bow withdrawal next year, so will open this up on another thread.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Cozzer
little beast
little beast
Cozzer

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:55

A beautiful, resplendent, celebratory evening with oodles of intimacy, humour and bonhomie. Even a six hour nightmare journey up North couldn't spoil the occasion. And I got to share it with my fantastic son. Thank you Elbow, thank you Manchester. We'll be sure to come to the party next time ... And who knows? We might even get to join the choir! Laughing
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 18:59

Sarah wrote:
... who should walk in but Mr Garvey himself. We had a chat when he arrived and after a bit of goading we popped over to say hello before his food arrived. Needless to say he was a perfect gentleman and very accommodating!

Sarah - what a perfect way to end your weekend!! How fantastic and what a lovely photo.

And I don't think anyone has yet mentioned that when the doors first opened the girls on strings were playing Elbow tunes on stage for a good while - about 40 minutes I think. It was lovely!
Back to top Go down
redliz2
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 19:22

What a lovely picture Very Happy
I must say Mr G looks remarkably chipper ....I would've put money on major partying (with the usual consequences Wink ) after that gig !
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 19:53

Disappointing to read that some of forum were surrounded by chatters etc.

We got close to front and almost in front of Guy (think it was Sarah on the barrier in front of us) Everyone around us were there for the right thing. We had a brilliant night not spoiled by anything.

A BIG THANKS TO ELBOW.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 19:55

Did I have a moustache?!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 20:10

josephblack wrote:
Not sure about the T-shirts-I went to Wembley and couldn't get one afterwards.
Agree about the talking.
To me and Mrs. B it seems that the concert has just become an extension of the pub!
Oh yeah and thanks to the ridiculous admission process, we missed most of Starlings Evil or Very Mad

What was the prob in getting in? We were 'standng' and found it OK.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 20:13

Sarah wrote:
Did I have a moustache?!

No

Black dress and a trumpet !! Was that you Sarah?
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 20:25

No! I was in a red checked shirt and i had a tasch!
We were potterside!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 20:51

Sarah wrote:
No! I was in a red checked shirt and i had a tasch!
We were potterside!

That's why! We were pete side bit almost in front of guy. Tried to spot some from forum - unsuccessfully
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 21:20

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Did I have a moustache?!
Black dress and a trumpet !! Was that you Sarah?

Ohhh I saw someone with a toy trumpet in the Pete area, that must have been you!

Also - Sarah, brilliant photo with Guy, what luck that he walked into the very same coffee shop!!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 21:25

hilaryg wrote:
I've put the best of my photos up here. Difficult to get decent ones of Pete and Richard from where we were standing...

Fantastic photos Hilary, thanks for sharing!! And absolutely brilliant that you captured the Guy belly-rubbing moment, haha!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 21:32

Brilliant photos hillaryg
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 22:01

Kim wrote:
And absolutely brilliant that you captured the Guy belly-rubbing moment, haha!
Unfortunately I didn't even get close enough to manage a high five as he passed by. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 23:51

Nowhere near the quality of Hilary's fab photos, but to clear up who was where, a new game; 'Spot the Sarah' Wink
Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Dscf1013

The ladies in black dresses with trumpets said hello on the way out, but as they're forum members I'm sure they'll make themselves known.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 07:41

What can I add to what's already been said?! A wonderful evening! Thanks for posting the photos Hilary (and others I may have missed - still catching up!)

I'm sorry I didn't see anyone from here - we had reasonable places near the front but I think we were surrounded by some of the brickest s***houses in the venue Laughing (but fortunately no talkers where we were stood which makes a refreshing change!) Didn't even see the sombreros till the one that got chucked on the stage at the end, but can't have been far from you Woblewoble as we were near the trumpet people...

Anyways a fantastic night and so lovely to see the lads so ecstatic. I'll definitely be looking out for the meet-up excuse you mention. Smile
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:09

Glendarian wrote:
What can I add to what's already been said?! A wonderful evening! Thanks for posting the photos Hilary (and others I may have missed - still catching up!)

I'm sorry I didn't see anyone from here - we had reasonable places near the front but I think we were surrounded by some of the brickest s***houses in the venue Laughing (but fortunately no talkers where we were stood which makes a refreshing change!) Didn't even see the sombreros till the one that got chucked on the stage at the end, but can't have been far from you Woblewoble as we were near the trumpet people...

Anyways a fantastic night and so lovely to see the lads so ecstatic. I'll definitely be looking out for the meet-up excuse you mention. Smile

We didn't have any sombreros etc.

We were also close to trumpet section! If you notice a girl being carried over barrier during support act - we were behind her.
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:16

Good to meet up with you all on Friday. Thanks OneOfTheThree for letting me have the tickets. Great photos Hilary. Don't think I can top them but wanted to add this one as it made me smile.

[img]Elbow play MEN - Page 24 P1020211[/img]
Back to top Go down
josephblack
friend of ours
friend of ours
josephblack

Male Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:20

WOBLEwoble wrote:
josephblack wrote:
Not sure about the T-shirts-I went to Wembley and couldn't get one afterwards.
Agree about the talking.
To me and Mrs. B it seems that the concert has just become an extension of the pub!
Oh yeah and thanks to the ridiculous admission process, we missed most of Starlings Evil or Very Mad

What was the prob in getting in? We were 'standng' and found it OK.

We got to the venue at 8.40 (a bit of a rush from Birmingham on a work day)
They pointed us in the direction of door 105 'Standing' which was the door at the top of the seating.
They decided to let 2 people in every minute or so. Since there was close to about two hundred, I'll let you do the maths.
Oh and the final insult: I had the temerity to ask when I got my wristband, why there was only one door. The security 'lady'
shoved me away (which I took great exception to) Then a security guard told me "not to be abusive" clown
Well it was reassuring to know that Superman (12 feet away) was on the security team and his gift of super-hearing didn't go to waste...

Apart from that, excellent gig (as ever!).
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:31

What a wonderful night - so emotional, electric. I didn't post yesterday, because, to tell the truth, I felt absolutely bereft. I can't believe it's going to be YEARS till we all see them again. After a good night's sleep though (who's idea was it to have a chinese at 3 in the morning!), I'm lot more chipper. It was just brilliant to see everyone again and you, Sunday Girl - hope you come back soon. So sorry I didn't get to have a chat Nellie. I think what made this gig more special than any other for me was the fact we were all together, singing our hearts out and not giving a damn what anyone else thought around us. It was great to meet you as well, Mr and Mrs P - you must be so proud of your lads.

BTW, I've been looking on Youtube for any footage of Mexican Standoff, but as usual it's the same songs posted. However, I had to laugh when I saw this one - notice anything on stage!.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUoXqGoa_U
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:33

Elbow play MEN - Page 24 3936681774_67f1ccbfbe

A personal favourite Smile

edit - Ticky, hahaha! I wonder who took it home with them? I have some videos of the Stops and Bitten which I might upload later, I think..
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:34

That is a BRILLIANT photo - absolutely first class!!!!

HEY - aren't you meant to be at work?! Haha - caught out.
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 09:54

Haha! I got a phonecall yesterday morning saying I didn't need to come in, so we could have stayed *sigh* I really wish we'd stayed for 3am chinese but I was so knackered Sad

I think I might need to surgically remove that moustache from Sarah's hands, she loves it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow play MEN   Elbow play MEN - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow play MEN
Page 24 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next