elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May

Go down 
+12
Gaily67
TimL
Lynne
lucky with disease
errant
mitchy
Cestriansteve
Icen
evilpixie
ekimq
Mr Woman
My Bury Vest
16 posters
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Empty
PostSubject: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 08:20

Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 09:53

I quite like the idea of a band from *Bury* playng in a crypt! Smile
Back to top Go down
ekimq
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 10:11

That is going to be one unique gig (here's hoping I win a ticket)!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 10:27

Away on holiday Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Always thought the choir on BARB gave the album a religious feel. Should sound awesome in St. Pauls!
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 10:39

26th is my birthday and the 1st anniversary of my Mums death, yes my Mum died on my birthday, great eh?
This would be an even more intense day if i could get in......might have to dress up as a Bishop and get in the back.
Should be a great gig.
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 13:01

I bet you a Cheese sandwich I don't win a ticket for this.
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 16:13

Tickets 'll be like hens teeth won't they......hopefully they'll do a decent recording and release it .
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 19:52

How can we all make sure we win?! Everything crossed for us all. Maybe as i missed my chance to meet 1 of my heroes,archbishop tutu, the nite i chose to see elbow at the o2, god will compensate by letting me win? Reckon theres about as much chance of that as me buying a cheryl cole cd!

Big love to everyone x
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 20:54

I've gone in for it - hope I don't win - can't afford the journey to London ! scratch
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeFri 06 May 2011, 21:49

By the way, if anyone wins, i live in London and you can stay at mine - as long as i have the other ticket if you can bring a guest! Unless of course you have criminal convictions or worse, support spurs...
Genuine offer!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeSat 07 May 2011, 08:23

apparently they're gonna play re-done newbie tracks, rare live efforts and the off old one... :-)
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeSat 07 May 2011, 14:22

errant wrote:
apparently they're gonna play re-done newbie tracks, rare live efforts and the off old one... :-)

The Crypt of St Paul’s is the largest in Europe, and is the final resting place of some of the nation’s greatest heroes, poets and scientists, including Admiral Lord Nelson and the Duke of Wellington. The Crypt is available for evening corporate events, and can cater for dinner for up to 250 people, and receptions for 350.

Wonder how many will enter the competition.
I'd already planned to see these guys play in Hither Green that night, at this place.
More likely to get in.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeSun 08 May 2011, 17:06

errant wrote:

From the man himself...

RT @CraigLPotter Yes pre SSK. Pre COT even! @errant1977: stripped back/acoustic/alt versions of old n new songs + unheard (live) > define old? Smile pre tssk?
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 08:41

Fingers crossed you never know someone's gotta win, if not will have to tune in June 5th for the broadcast! Something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
TimL
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 11:16

Hey guys, Freddy here from Absolute Radio. Just thought i'd tell you fans that there's a high quality video of the entire Elbow gig up on the Absolute Radio website. It's been recorded in the FLAC (Fully Lossless Audio Codec) format which means that instead of being compressed like most mp3 tracks every detail is recorded, so no quality is lost at all. It was a really amazing, emotional gig so I recommend watching it.
Here's the link: http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artists/Elbow/article/3928-Elbow+at+St.+Paul's+Cathedral
Please enjoy. Cheers Freddy.
Back to top Go down
Gaily67
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 19:41

Did anyone out there win tickets? Tell us all about it please! bounce
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 19:50

Just watched it - amazing stuff again....loved the finger 'sshhh' bit during JIARG.....turned out to be his girlfriend, very funny !

Looked a glorious venue - saw Beach House at Manchester Cathedral which blew me away, this, from the vid, looked at least it's equal.

Last edited by My Bury Vest on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 08:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 08:57

Gaily67 wrote:
Did anyone out there win tickets? Tell us all about it please! bounce

http://elbow.heavenforum.org/t1421p15-st-pauls-cathedral-may-26th-ticket-giveaway....see the other thread Gaily, for a review, it seems only one person who posts on here went. I know two long time fans who work nearby who managed to get an invite in the end, very last minute, after somebody on the guestlist dropped out, but they don't use messageboards.

Apart from Absolute radio guests and bands friends and family, the winners were Absolute radio listeners who entered the phone ins and won...don't know how many of those tickets were left for the final email draw.
Door Security was very strict on the night, so doesn't seem as if any of the people who posted on here who were still trying to go, as they didn't win the competion, did manage as they probably would have said.
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:02

I know this gig is available to stream in a FLAC format but has anyone got a FLAC recording of the show that they'd be prepared to share?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:32

Cestrian Saint wrote:
I know this gig is available to stream in a FLAC format but has anyone got a FLAC recording of the show that they'd be prepared to share?

Cheers.

Havn't seen it on dimeadozen yet, but Elbow DVD recording of - Westerliefde, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 10 May 2011 is on there with exactly the same set.
Back to top Go down
andy_landy
little beast
little beast
andy_landy

Male Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 12:15

that would be Free Lossless Audio Codec, and I'm not just being pedantic - the whole raison d'etre of the FLAC project is that it is unencumbered

nice recording though, tyvm for sharing that!

carry on, as you were Surprised)

edit to add: oops, was replying Freddy at the bottom of page 1, missed page 2. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 00:06

Cestrian Saint wrote:

Not that I would know anything about this, but... Wink

The audio player on Absolute's website leaves a 400-megabyte OGA present in the browser cache. (It doesn't technically stream -- your browser will load the whole file.) An OGA file is just an OGG file, and if you rename the cached file with an OGG extension, you can use various audio tools on it to, oh, split the file into its component tracks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 14:54

Don't see that in my Browser cache... any idea where that ends up in Windows?

(Dumb question, I know)
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun 2011, 15:54

If anyone would like a CD of the gig then just send me a PM.
It's not an MP3. It's converted from the Flac download & It sounds amazing!

x
Back to top Go down
skazzochnizza
fallen angel
fallen angel
skazzochnizza

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitimeMon 08 Aug 2011, 20:05

I've recorded this gig too and can share, but unfortunately only in September, 'cause now I'm not home.

Btw, does anyone have a video? The whole set in single file I mean. On youtube it's only divided into pieces and quality was not that good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May   Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow to play St Pauls Cathedral 26 May
Page 1 of 1