elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM

Go down 
+20
Tailfly
al
Diaan
Lynne
sundaygirl
Jones
Misspelt Yoof
Glendarian
ticky
Topaz
Dabamash
bluejayway
fadeupyoursmile
mrswoman
ElbowFreak
yesman
ChrissieInFL
nellie
Stockhaus
TamedLamia
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 16:39

I love you
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 16:59

Ticky wrote:
I can't believe you haven't heard of Andy Day - Mr and Mrs Day's son - close personal friend of the band's, by all accounts.....!

Laughing And there I was thinking he must be the "son of my youth" in the song... (That's how I always hear it, sorry! Wink)
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 17:00

The pics are great Ticky, nice one! Smile
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 09:23

sundaygirl wrote:
How was Jesca Hoop? Did She and Guy do Murder of Birds?

Oh yeah, i forgot she was supporting, i was fully in love with her after we saw her in Cardif!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 10:32

I adore her. She's moved to Manchester and is playing the Night and Day on Monday. I still think it's a bit odd that Guy didn't duet with her...
Back to top Go down
Craig Potter
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 13:37

sundaygirl wrote:
I still think it's a bit odd that Guy didn't duet with her...

It's probably something to do with him becoming a bastard overnight.

Well, the 'back lash' has cetainly started hasn't it ? ...and started with our own fans.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 13:39

Oh God, please don't be mad at me. I don't think he's a bastard. I was just upset for my friends. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 13:40

Oh God, I want to die now. I've just pissed off my favorite band. I wish I could take everything back.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 13:53

Craig - please don't be unkind - Sundaygirl was only showing her support for myself and TL. She's terribly upset about what was said and I know she would take it back if she could. Of course she didn't mean it - from the sounds of it she's a die-hard fan - as much as any of us.

The back lash does NOT start here and it never will.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 14:41

Craig, please don't think that we stop love Elbow!! I understand if Guy had no time, he SURELY had more important things to do. The concert was very nice and I will come (if my health allows it) again and again on your concerts. I will keep on supporting you on my fansite as much as I can and I think all fans here, also our a bit overeager friend Sundaygirl will keep on supporting the band, I'm sure!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 14:48

This is a great community with people who love the band, it's something that we need to support, we may have disappointments and dissagreements but we still support the band!
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 14:57

Well said Sarah! And Craig, I don't think a single person on this forum would ever dream of turning against Elbow. After all, who in their right mind could ever dislike you Guys? SG made a comment and she obviously regrets it. We all make mistakes and you can't blame her for that. Nobody thinks Guy is a bastard... we all know how great he, you, and the rest of the band are. Thats why we joined this forum in the first place. And just so you know the backlash will never begin with the wonderful people on here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig Potter
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 16:08

Ok. I wish I han't replied now.

I'm not going to comment on wether Guy snubbed some of you or not because I wasn't there. If you feel he did then there's nothing I can say to change your mind.

One thinig I think is a little unfair is to then start looking for others ways that Guy may have changed, and that's why I quoted Sundaygirls comment on it being "odd" that Guy didn't sing with Jesca. This you know nothing about and I think It's unfair on Guy to imply that this might also be a sign of him getting to big for his boots. That was the reason I posted. Feel free to call us anything you want! I'm not gonna jump in and defend everyone all the time, it's just that this sort of thing can get out of hand.

Sundaygirl - We are very much appreciative of of you and all our fans. Please don't feel bad. I know it was just a gut reaction and you don't think Guy's a bastard really.

Cheers

Craig x
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 16:11

Actually my comment about Guy not dueting with Jesca - I actually didn't mean to imply anything sinsiter. I just thought cos he had sung with her duirng the tour when she opened for you I was jsut wondering why he hadn't this time. But I didn't think it had to do with anything untoward!! It was just idle curiosity.

God. I really have made a collasal mess of things.
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 16:26

Ah sundaygirl, I'm sure it will all be forgotten by tomorrow. Smile Like I said, everybody makes mistakes and you were just sticking up for your friends. I know that you wernt implying anything about Guy, you were just genuinely wondering why Wink

Last edited by Tailfly on Sun 31 May 2009, 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 16:28

I love you
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 16:38

Craig Potter wrote:
Ok. I wish I han't replied now.

You and me both Craig.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 18:49

TL - all the very best for the operation tomorrow. All our thoughts go with you. X
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 18:55

Oh you'll be fine!! I know it!

Lots of love.

xxxx I love you
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 18:57

It's going to go perfectly TL Smile
We'll be thinking of you!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 19:16

ticky wrote:
TL - all the very best for the operation tomorrow. All our thoughts go with you. X

Not tomorrow, on 2nd June I will go into hospital and I think a few days after that I will be under the knife.
But thank you all for your wishes, I hope I can use my surfstick to get online and if not I hope I can inform you when I'm home again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 22:39

TL very very best wishes for the next week, will be thinking of you. I love you
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 22:46

As Alan Partridge says - Crashing on!

Who's for a game of Monkey Tennis?!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 10:18

Good Luck TL !! You'll sail through the it matey !! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 11:25

Wow... I just read all your stuff and was gobsmacked by it...
What is going on around here. Everyone seems so nice and now such a discussion...
Erm...

@ Craig: Please don't think that someone turns against Elbow! Don't ever, cause we won't!

I think it's a problem with "smaller" bands. Bands were you can meet the members... With a band like U2 noone would care, cause probably noone has met them and chatted for a while. Guess it's just a "hey, how are you, we like you" and that's about it. And even if a discussion like this would start - the band members wouldn't care cause they are probably not online.
This makes a difference to Elbow! They care about each other! And Craig is the one beeing online and noticing everything.
On the other hand... I don't think that TL or Sundaygirl are offended. It's just the fact that they've met you guys before and they thought maybe that'll happen again. They just told us their opinion.
This thread unfortunatelly developed a moment of its own!
I really hope that this won't happen again... cause to be honest - it's a bit frightening to me.
Btw. I haven't met anyone of Elbow personally but I shook Guys hand at the Munich gig (different thread Very Happy)

@ Sundaygirl: don't be sorry anymore. Very Happy

@ TL: Alles Gute für deine OP. Ich drück dir die Daumen!

Lot's of love and hugs to everyone! Elli.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM   OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OHMYGOD! ELBOW IN BERLIN AND I *edit* WON'T MISS THEM
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next