elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!

Go down 
+15
mrswoman
Jones
LongLegs
Dano
lucky with disease
Lynne
AyannaD
MagicalTrevor
My Bury Vest
TamedLamia
ticky
heshofcheese
ElbowFreak
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Empty
PostSubject: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 16:17

Woooohooooo!

My husband, God bless him, gave me the ultimate Christmas pressie yesterday. He arranged for me to fly out to Manchester so I can see the gig on 25 March! He's got me hooked up w/ a flight, hotel room & standing ticket. He even tracked down Mrs Woman to get her assistance, so I owe her some big, BIG thanks as well, for making it happen! flower I cannot - CANNOT! - believe it and am more excited and grateful than words can express! Hopefully I will be meeting some of y'all while I'm over! This. Will. Be. EPIC!! Party!

Last edited by ChrissieInFL on Tue 08 Mar 2011, 13:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 16:19

what a fantastic pressie, hope you have a great time !
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 16:31

Wow, that just gave me goosebumps. That's really awesome!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 18:42

That's made me smile more than anything else this Christmas.

What a lovely, thoughtful present and well done to MrsW as well, Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 19:24

That is absolutely FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! Let me know which hotel you're staying in! Can't wait to meet you in person! cheers
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 20:18

Aw...you lucky one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 15:10

In case anyone's interested, I've done up a blog post all about how this surprise was arranged between my hubby and Mrs W (and it is quite a tale!), so have a peek if ya like! http://bit.ly/f0SQnQ
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 19:02

Ha! Just saw this...I was looking at the hotel info for my trip over. The hotel chain has an online Destination Guide for Manchester, and on the "Did You Know?" page, it mentions Elbow as one of the bands that have "put Manchester firmly on the musical map". Nice! Very Happy

http://destinations.hilton.co.uk/sisp/index.htm?fx=destination&loc_id=133515&sub_section=Did+You+Know
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 19:46

Nice one Chrissie ! Well made up for you - a stunning surprise ! Hope to meet you too - if my trip to Sheffield a week earlier to see them hasn't made me die with excitement ! Bravo to Mr Chrissie aswell ! santa
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 20:00

Ooo you lucky...

I can recommend the Arora. Good location, good rates and a nice place.

You might want to avoid the 'Cliff Richard' themed rooms though. I'm still having nightmares.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 20:23

ChrissieInFL wrote:
In case anyone's interested, I've done up a blog post all about how this surprise was arranged between my hubby and Mrs W (and it is quite a tale!), so have a peek if ya like! http://bit.ly/f0SQnQ

Just read your blog Chrissie.....

Wow ! to reiterate what I said earlier, i love stories like that, I really do - it's the EFFORT and TIME that's just as special, I'd say.

When I couldn't get a ticket for the Halle gig, MrsW PM'd me with the first offer of a ticket - to this day I'll always be in her debt for that gesture - and yes, along with other forum members, Mr & MrsW were just lovely and genuine, typical Northern folk !

And I know you'd be happy with a ticket right at the back of the Arena but it's SO much better standing, all nestled up on the barrier - swooning !

Living in Manchester, you get blase about all your favourite bands coming to our City, and me personally, just a 15 minute tram ride into to town - I can't imagine adoring a band that are from the US or further afield, as ALL my favourite acts are from the UK, bar none.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ! "Build a rocket boys...."
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 22:39

ChrissieInFL wrote:

This is such a sweet story, and the loveliest of presents. I can relate to your story about the internet being a funny place. I took a much needed two year hiatus and only came back online about a year ago. But prior to that, I made some of the best and long lasting relationships with people I met online. I wish you a pleasant journey and the best of times during your trip Very Happy

My Bury Vest wrote:
Living in Manchester, you get blase about all your favourite bands coming to our City, and me personally, just a 15 minute tram ride into to town - I can't imagine adoring a band that are from the US or further afield, as ALL my favourite acts are from the UK, bar none.

Most of my favorite bands are from the UK and Ireland, so it's times like these that make me wish I still lived in the UK. It's much easier to travel 3,000 miles across the country, than it is traveling the same distance across an ocean Sad
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 01:20

Wow, what an amazing present. So pleased for you! Well done hubby!

Just read your lovely tale. I am also forever grateful to Ticky for getting Halle tickets for me and my other half after nearly spending a small fortune on them on Ebay way back. There are some real good folk on here. Here's to a wonderful new year with lots to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 02:27

My Bury Vest wrote:
[When I couldn't get a ticket for the Halle gig, MrsW PM'd me with the first offer of a ticket - to this day I'll always be in her debt for that gesture - and yes, along with other forum members, Mr & MrsW were just lovely and genuine, typical Northern folk !

"

Shocked Hey MBV! but don't you owe me some indebtedness for that Halle ticket too Wink Wink Don't you remember? you were near the front, aisle seat stalls wasn't it?
As a typical lovely and genuine southerner, (roots from the north on one side and irish on the other side!)
I had invited Mrs W to have my other ticket of my pair, in part way of thanks for her setting up Elbowfans network, when I found out that she hadn't been able to get tickets with there being all the problems with touts getting a whole lot of them first. I thought she of all people ought to be there.
I was looking forward to meeting up and sitting near the front at the Halle with Mrs W, and we had exchanged arrangements via PM about getting the ticket to her, and then.... I was quite confused when I discovered not from Mrs W, but from you MBV, announcing it on this forum, that she had, in fact passed my ticket that I had sent to her, on to you.
maybe you would have remembered if I had actually been sitting next to you in the other seat as I would have been, sure I met you in the pub get together the previous night....way things went I decided to go to Castlefield Arena instead, and there was a great party going on there.

Getting those much in demand, Halle/Elbow Bridgewater tickets out to friends turned out quite an adventure!
So what a lovely present for your husband to arrange that, Chrissie.

and I wasn't planning to go MEN Arena Elbow last time, and then at the pub beforehand found out Ticky had another ticket,
so it just had to be done, so I'm grateful to Ticky too.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 04:58

Thanks all, for your responses...I really mean it when I say that, to me, the concert will be only one of the things I am most looking forward to, and the other is meeting some of you! I do hope I'll have the chance to meet a few of y'all and hang for a bit when I'm over there! Very Happy

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Ooo you lucky...

I can recommend the Arora. Good location, good rates and a nice place.

You might want to avoid the 'Cliff Richard' themed rooms though. I'm still having nightmares.

Thanks for the tip, MT; my hubby already has my room booked, but after reading your post I am sorely tempted to switch to the Arora. I mean, Cliff Richard rooms?? C'mon, how often does a person have a chance to stay in one o' those? I had to Google that, because I couldn't actually believe Cliff Richard rooms existed and I had to see for myself...I can see why it could induce nightmares, but I'm sure it'd be worth the therapy I'd need to recover afterwards. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 08:30

Cliff is a part owner of the Arora.

Seems when you part own something, the done thing is to stamp your ego all over it Smile

To be honest, it was mostly OK, some behind-the scenes black and whites of Summer Holiday are fine.

It was the collage of Cliff I couldn't take...especially as it faced the bed. Too many Cliffs!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 09:31

The Arora sounds great, but I think it's going to be the Britannia again for me - cheap and cheerful (the prostitutes' hotel Shocked )
Back to top Go down
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 11:26

Good one Chrissie, i'm happy for you Smile.
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 19:44

MagicalTrevor wrote:

It was the collage of Cliff I couldn't take...especially as it faced the bed. Too many Cliffs!

Oh dear. affraid
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 09:20

LWD - your absolutely correct, my apologies.......I totally forgot where the ticket originally came from.

My memory aint as sharp as it used to be ! Thank you again ! Embarassed

Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 09:29

So happy for you, best pressie ever!
Party!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 13:46

Oh, what a wonderful story and what a fantastic gift!
Enjoy Chrissie!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 14:37

Just three things to add here:

1: Dead chuffed for Chrissie with the ingenious planning of her OH and glad to help.

2: I guess other memories have faded too; LWD neglected to mention that I'd explained to her one ticket was fab, but turned out awkward to use as Mr W is as big a fan as me if not more, and we couldn't agree who should go....so thought it best to relinquish to another person who'd appreciate it equally. The last-minute tix Ticky alerted us to were the only reason both of us could go in the end, so hats off to sterling fan Ticky too.

3: Finally...What's Nanna gonna do when Cliff Richard dies? Wink
(3:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rD3kso8bE&list=SL&has_verified=1)
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 17:20

mrswoman wrote:
Just three things to add here:

1: Dead chuffed for Chrissie with the ingenious planning of her OH and glad to help.

Again, and from the bottom of my heart... EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Thanky10

mrswoman wrote:
2: I guess other memories have faded too; LWD neglected to mention that I'd explained to her one ticket was fab, but turned out awkward to use as Mr W is as big a fan as me if not more, and we couldn't agree who should go....so thought it best to relinquish to another person who'd appreciate it equally. The last-minute tix Ticky alerted us to were the only reason both of us could go in the end, so hats off to sterling fan Ticky too.

I think, rather than focusing on the specifics, the thing is that the people on this forum are just generally awesome, and so many of you have done nice things for one another. The fact that most of our interaction happens online doesn't make the community aspect of it any less real. Folks do look out for one another here when they can, and that's the amazing and wonderful thing about this place. You're all fab, and I appreciate all y'all! Very Happy

mrswoman wrote:
3: Finally...What's Nanna gonna do when Cliff Richard dies? Wink
(3:55 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0rD3kso8bE&list=SL&has_verified=1)

"Content restricted in your country", yadda yadda yadda. BOO! Mad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2010, 20:25

This is going to be one hell of a gig!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!   EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EDIT: I'm coming to Manchester- AND Cardiff!! Woohoo!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next