elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need again good vibrations...

Go down 
+23
Lynne
ticky
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Glendarian
Leo
Tinwal
Jonny
Mr_K
Grant
mrswoman
Topaz
fadeupyoursmile
leespoons
MagicalTrevor
Jones
al
ChrissyBoy
Hotblack
ElbowFreak
Dabamash
evilpixie
TamedLamia
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 17:30

The good news: my cells are getting stronger.
The bad news:
I will move to another station the next days and there will be no internet. Not sure when it will happen, at least I hope that I'll get a single room again and that it will last only a few days.
And I'm friggin' looking forward for my first curd cheese with linseedoil!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2009, 11:01

Hi folks, I'm still online. I don't have to leave my nice single room because tomorrow (if anything goes well) I can go HOME! cheers
The fever went down, at the moment I am just troubled by some cough and sneeze. But my brave little leukocytes will surely clean up.
They rose from weak 900 up to 6000 (because I got a injection with some "doping" Wink )
And maybe tomorrow I'll get my first curd cheese with linseed oil and potatoes... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2009, 15:49

Great news! Although that food doesn't appeal to me in the slightest!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 16:01

I'm home. Will listen to Garv's show today or tomorrow and could put all the stuff of my fansite online I made during hospital.
I hope I can kick off that rests of the cold and if anything goes well I'll go to the spa on 27th January.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 16:57

Glad you are back at home TL. We should have another Christmas just for you!
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 20:22

Welcome Home, TL! cheers *Cyberhug* Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009, 22:04

Good to have you home!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Jan 2009, 16:32

Bloodtest today looked quite good. All important cells are fine, I just have a problem with my ischias nerve and still I am weak and tired. But today I'll try my first evening in our "hole in the neighborhood", but still without alcohol. I have to take still too much pills. But at least I can go under people again and don't have to spend the evening bored.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009, 19:11

Glad your home, take it easy though !
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jan 2009, 23:03

If this gives you any respite then please do take it on board TL...

I am doing psychology at a-level, and there is a big study (by Greer et al 79 - for the geeks out there) that shows that people who suffer from cancer etc and use problem-focused coping (i.e. physically dealing with a problem positively) are far more likely to get better. Also, and more importantly, people who just have a FIGHTING SPIRIT are significantly more likely to shake the "monster" - as proven in the study.

I really really really hope that it all turns out well for you, and I hope that the "sunshine's throwin' you a lifeline" cheers

Best Wishes from Me; with even my eyes crossed Smile Lots of Love

Leo

xxxxxx.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 09:41

Keep up that fine fighting spirit TL, you're winning one step at a time! There'll be that Radio 2 live show at Abbey Road up on the 'net soon to give you an extra boost of El-power too Wink

All the best,

X
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 12:25

Yesterday I had my first glass of bubbly and...I slept much better! No sweating in the morning, no sneeze bothering me, just a few weird dreams but I slept almost 12 hours Very Happy
And I reached the fourth floor even faster than before Very Happy
And I know for sure that I am not an alcoholic because I was totally souber for 4 weeks...
My ischias has cooled down too.

And another way to get a bit normality in life, was my meeting at the local "Weight Watchers"-Team. It's now my 8th star I get for keeping in shape. cheers (means since 8 years I keep my healthy weight)
It's much easier to climb stairs with jeans size 29 than 32.
And it's really not easy to get jeans in my size. I'm only 5'3'' and if you ever tried to get a jeans which a bigger waist size than leg length (you even don't have to be fat for that!!) then you know what I mean.
Sometimes I think the market is made for annorexic teenagers though everybody knows that most people have in fact a bigger waist than leg length and are too grown up for flashy pinky lower back tatoo panties !! Rolling Eyes (in Germany we call that stuff "Arschgeweih-Hosen" "Ass antler pants")
As far as I remember, the local fasion shop in that Spa town had in fact jeans in my size. Very Happy

After all, it's also not that easy to keep in shape when you're fighting a disease like mine. People automaticly think Cancer = macerate. It never was that way with me. This time was the first time that I could not eat properly but still I am far away from getting too thin.

Anyway. I'm feeling a lot better, I'm looking forward for my spa and I hope, that I'll have enough money in spring to have a trip to Manchester...I really like to have a nice ale in one of Garve's neighborhood's holes... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 15:45

Good to hear TL.

Im sure Garv ill appreciate it Smile x.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 18:16

TamedLamia wrote:

And another way to get a bit normality in life, was my meeting at the local "Weight Watchers"-Team. It's now my 8th star I get for keeping in shape. cheers (means since 8 years I keep my healthy weight)
It's much easier to climb stairs with jeans size 29 than 32.
And it's really not easy to get jeans in my size. I'm only 5'3'' and if you ever tried to get a jeans which a bigger waist size than leg length (you even don't have to be fat for that!!) then you know what I mean.
Sometimes I think the market is made for annorexic teenagers though everybody knows that most people have in fact a bigger waist than leg length and are too grown up for flashy pinky lower back tatoo panties !! Rolling Eyes (in Germany we call that stuff "Arschgeweih-Hosen" "Ass antler pants")
As far as I remember, the local fasion shop in that Spa town had in fact jeans in my size. Very Happy

lol! I had such a laught with that!!! It's true. And you know whats funny, too. The jeans that have the size for normal-weight-women are the once that are sold out the most....
Oh, do you know the Austrian expression for ass antler pants???
It's Oarsch-Vignette (Arsch-Vignette)!!

Sounds like you're getting better and better everyday. So great to hear that!!!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan 2009, 20:43

ElbowFreak wrote:

Oh, do you know the Austrian expression for ass antler pants???
It's Oarsch-Vignette (Arsch-Vignette)!!

*falls off chair with laughter* lol! lovely!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan 2009, 08:03

Hi folks, as you can see I am online and I checked the BBC-Link, it works! Very Happy So I don't have to worry and I can look forward for Garv's next finest hour! Smile
Arrived yesterday, my room is small but nice, today midday I'll see the doctor (hope she is not shocked about my long list of questions... Wink )
The place with the W-lan is cosy and quite big so I think I won't have problems going online once a day.
Greetings from the nice little town "Bad Sooden-Allendorf" and we'll read soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 16:22

ok, folks, I need your good vibrations again.
Next thursday I'll have my PET-CT (Positrone Emission Tomography) and this will be the moment of truth if I have won over the monster or if it is still there...
So keep starting your fingers crossing for me about 7 am middleeuropean time...
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 16:25

Good Luck, TL. I will be thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 18:11

Good luck, TL Very Happy i can't promise my fingers, but are toes okay?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009, 23:19

Good luck TL !!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 07:32

Fingers crossed! Smile
My Dad's going through it with cancer at the moment so I'm some of the way towards knowing how you feel...
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 09:50

Alles Gute für die Untersuchung!!!
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 12:30

Everything crossed here(fingers, toes, legs, eyes....) for a good outcome!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009, 16:01

Fingers crossed your scans are good news and confirm you're 100% all clear!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 13:04

Hi folks, news are not too bad. The monster is still there BUT SMALLER AGAIN! sunny
Next wednesday my Professor and I will clear, what to do next. I guess it will be the antibodies again, they are easy to get because they can go over my port and they don't make much trouble. The doctor at the x-ray institute was even slightly optimistic that the last treatment still goes through the body and the monster might leave soon...
At least it goes to the right direction again and I can start soon to make nice plans again... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need again good vibrations...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next