elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need again good vibrations...

Go down 
+23
Lynne
ticky
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Glendarian
Leo
Tinwal
Jonny
Mr_K
Grant
mrswoman
Topaz
fadeupyoursmile
leespoons
MagicalTrevor
Jones
al
ChrissyBoy
Hotblack
ElbowFreak
Dabamash
evilpixie
TamedLamia
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Need again good vibrations... Empty
PostSubject: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 13:09

Those who know me from the powderblue-forum know my long story, for all others in short form, in 2005 I had to fight against Lymph cancer and after lots of chemotherapy and stem cells I'm quite fine but last year around that time still some rests were there. Next Tuesday (25th) I'll go to a PET-CT (Positrone Emission Tomography) to check, if the "Monster" (how I call it) is gone at last.
So keep your fingers crossed for me... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 13:27

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 13:45

Good luck Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 16:05

Both fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:43

Fingers crossed and good luck for next week Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 17:44

...Lots of Good Vibrations being sent your way.... sunny
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 18:39

Fingers crossed for you, TL!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 20:42

Very best of luck Darling! Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way! I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 22:43

Everything crossed here!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 23:07

Good luck TL!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008, 23:33

All the best
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 01:35

*Fingers crossed*, and all kinds of good thoughts heading your way. I love you
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 18:07

Fingers crossing helped at least for finding a vein, but that's all of good news. The lymphome is still there and even more active than a year ago pale
Next tuesday I am again at my doctor and we will talk what to do now. I hope the different medication he wanted to give me will chase the lymphome-monster out...
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 18:29

Oh dear, it's hard to say anything... I hope the doctor finds a way helping you!!
I have to write this in German:
Ich muss das jetzt auf Deutsch schreiben. Es tut mir leid, dass wieder etwas gefunden wurde. Ich habe erst mit diesem Topic von deiner Geschichte erfahren und war sehr betroffen. Du scheinst mir ein sehr positiver Mensch zu sein. Zumindest machst du im Forum den Eindruck. Ich drück dir die Daumen, dass sie etwas finden was dir hilft und dich heilt. Ich hoffe, dass dir die Musik (auch Elbow) die du ja wie ich sehr gern magst auch dabei hilft!
Lg, Elisabeth
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 18:42

ElbowFreak wrote:
Oh dear, it's hard to say anything... I hope the doctor finds a way helping you!!
I have to write this in German:
Ich muss das jetzt auf Deutsch schreiben. Es tut mir leid, dass wieder etwas gefunden wurde. Ich habe erst mit diesem Topic von deiner Geschichte erfahren und war sehr betroffen. Du scheinst mir ein sehr positiver Mensch zu sein. Zumindest machst du im Forum den Eindruck. Ich drück dir die Daumen, dass sie etwas finden was dir hilft und dich heilt. Ich hoffe, dass dir die Musik (auch Elbow) die du ja wie ich sehr gern magst auch dabei hilft!
Lg, Elisabeth

That's quite touching. Why do you have to write it in German?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 20:15

TL, so sorry to hear your 'Monster' is still with you.
Please know that I will continue to send you my love and positive thoughts and I hope with all my heart that this new medication will do the trick for you.
This may not be of any help but I just wanted to send you this hug, darling. I am thinking of you!
Need again good vibrations... BearHug2
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 21:17

@ Dabamash: It's my native language, that makes it easier!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 21:30

Fair enough. Can't argue agaisnt that Smile
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 17:31

TL, I'm really sorry you have to fight it again. It sounds like your doctor is doing their best to find the right treatments for you, so fingers crossed from me too that they can give you all the support you need.

Sending you big reserves of strength, resilience and faith in a positive outcome.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 17:54

So sorry to hear you need more treatment to make you better, but you will get better.

Lots of love J&M xxx
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 17:56

I guess you knew it might come back, but it must still be a very hard thing to deal with.

Please stay as positive and focused as you can, and i'm sure you can fight off this monster. flower
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 18:57

I've been scared to say anything in here, as i'm afraid i have no sensitivity sensor, but i'm gonna say, that you fought it off before, you can do it again Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr_K
friend of ours
friend of ours
Mr_K

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008, 11:06

TL

Unfortunately our family has had (and is having) quite a bit of experience with lymphatic cancer. so I know how frightening the whole thing is. You must be feeling really scared and probably angry at the bloody unfairness of it all.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any words of wisdom, but only wish you, and your loved ones all the best in your battle.

X
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008, 13:01

Ill be thinking of you and wishing you all the best as well, TL.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2008, 12:13

Ok, folks
There will be monsterfightingdays again.
I will go into hospital around 19th December with another stem cell transplantation plus "Zevalin".
Means I won't be home at Christmas and New Year affraid
But I still feel a bit better now. Now I know what will come, I KNOW THIS PLACE WELL and one thing is better than the last time in 2005: I will get a single room so there won't be bedneighbors looking stupid talkshows or going to the loo 10 times the night Rolling Eyes
There will be internet so I can stay in touch with you and still work on my elbow-fansite. And there will be a nice spa afterwards again.
And because I'm still in my hometown I can get visits from my family and friends.
I spent New Year's Eve 2007 in hospital with pneumonia and New Year's Eve 2006 in hospital with bronchits so I am somehow "used to it" *laughing sarkastical*
I just printed out one of the backstage photoes and I will stick it on my hospitalroom wall.
I WILL FIGHT!!!
Need again good vibrations... Violent-smiley-028

And until then I will go to Christmas Partys with my collegues and hobbyfriends. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need again good vibrations...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next