elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need again good vibrations...

Go down 
+23
Lynne
ticky
nellie
Misspelt Yoof
Glendarian
Leo
Tinwal
Jonny
Mr_K
Grant
mrswoman
Topaz
fadeupyoursmile
leespoons
MagicalTrevor
Jones
al
ChrissyBoy
Hotblack
ElbowFreak
Dabamash
evilpixie
TamedLamia
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2008, 17:34

Aww! totally gutted for you that you're missing christmas and new year Sad glad you'll be able to keep in touch with us all Smile hope you defeat the monster again Smile I'm sure you will Smile (We seem to be lacking a hug smiley Razz)
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2008, 18:59

Oh sweetheart, how horrible that you won't be home for Christmas!
You must keep us up to date with everything and remember we are fighting with you!
You can beat this terrible thing, of course you can!
I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Dec 2008, 21:32

Damn, TL. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this illness. It seems as if you've got a great attitude towards beating this monster again, which I know can make a world of difference.

I'll continue sending all of my good thoughts, wishes, and healing ninja vibes your way. Smile

Big *hugs* for you.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Dec 2008, 10:54

Ok folks, have been at one of my doctors yesterday and if anything goes right I'll be in Hospital on the 22nd of December. My stem cells will come on 31st December and as far as I remember the last time it will need about 14 days to three weeks until my immunesystem is strong enough to leave the hospital.
I ordered a chamaeleon scarf; it is a scarf that can be changed into a bandana, a scarf, a balaclava...
and it arrived yesterday. I also ordered a cap with a slogan "Parole: never give up!!" Very Happy
And today I'll go with my mom to the next home improvement store and try to get a small artifical christmas tree that I can take into hospital Very Happy
On December 11th I will get the antibodys again but it's the same day of the Christmas Party with my collegues affraid But the doctor said nothing against going there. I just hope the antiallergic medication which makes me very tired will be out my brain until evening... Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Dec 2008, 15:35

This is one of the reasons that I am an aethiest, life picks on some people more than others. I hope everything works out for you TL, it's good to see that you are coping well, and that it isn't getting you down too much. I think you will be in all our thoughts over the Xmas period. Good luck and keep fighting.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Dec 2008, 01:01

I wish we could get Guy to do some sort of shout out on the radio for you TamedLamia, that'd be just grand. Good luck to ye.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Dec 2008, 09:03

Hello Kathrin. It's sad that you're not home over "Weihnachten". But I think you family (mom) helps you a lot throught this time. We think of you and hope that you'll get throught all this soon. And the next year will be a better year!!!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008, 15:38

And now I even catched a cold! affraid
I hope I'm better when the chemo starts, I don't think it would be a good idea beating down my imunesystem while chasing away a cold virus... pale
And I still have so much to do before that...clear up some conditions in my music school and fitness center because I can't go there for the next two, three months...getting renewed my handicapped pass...kicking my tv out and send an according form to the GEZ (tv-licence agency)...clean up my office...getting some stuff in my office as far as ready...talking with my boss what of my stuff can lay down until I'm back... Razz
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Dec 2008, 15:40

Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm on the verge of tears. (No lauging please Razz) hope you feel better soon! Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Dec 2008, 19:41

Today I'm a lot better but still I decided with my doctor to stay home this week and to take prophylactic antibiotics so no nasty bacteria will stop me in my monsterfight...
Was at work for a few hours today to clear all up (phew, that's done), renewed my handicapped-pass but unfortunately the collegues who should get a accredited copy of it are sick too so I have to send the pass to our branch in Koblenz... Rolling Eyes
Tomorrow I'll send the letter to the TV-Licence-folks. I heard they want to rise the charge again... Evil or Very Mad
Unfortunately I can not pause my contract with the musicschool No seems they need to money too hard...I hope at least I can get out that expensive Fitness Center and search something better after I'm able to do sports again. My doctor says she will write a medical certificate that sounds dramatic enough. Wink
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008, 09:07

Hi folks, it's now my second day in hospital, I got a single room Very Happy and there's even a treadmill! I hope I can use it so I won't be as rusty as I was the last time I had the big chemo...
Today the chemo will start, I took a lot of pills against the side effects yet.
Maybe I will listen to Garve's finest Hour today... Smile
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008, 10:13

Thinking and praying for you!
Can't imagine what you're going through, but you seem so brave and full of fight!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008, 10:14

All best Christmas wishes to you while you go through this. Your bravery is inspirational.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008, 18:03

I agree wholeheartedly. Our thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 19:57

Well, this time it seems the chemo hits me a bit harder than last time, I have fever and get antibiotics and medication to low down the fever. But the doctor is optimistic that it will be better after I got my stem cells back. And he told me not to worry about the fever, they have a lot medication to get me save through the chemo.
At the moment I have another dose of the fever-lower in me and feel quite well. But when I start to freeze again I know it's time for another dose... Rolling Eyes
But at least, here I can push the red button for help. If I was home I would have to go to the next doc, wait and wait ...
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 22:17

Dear TamedLamia
I know you from the Powderblue site. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through painful treatment again. I hope you are not too uncomfortable. Best wishes.

Last edited by Tinwal on Sat 27 Dec 2008, 01:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 01:01

Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Dec 2008, 17:30

Thanks for the links Tinwal, the first one I did not know yet Smile
Tomorrow will be the last day with Chemo, on Monday or Tuesday I'll get my stem cells back and I hope that weakness and fever will go away. But I guess it will need 14 more days until I'm strong enough to leave the hospital.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jan 2009, 10:38

My physiotherapist is Elbow-Fan! Very Happy
After I did my walking training today she looked at the photo on the wall of Elbow and me in Hamburg and she said: "hey, that's Elbow!" Cool
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jan 2009, 18:14

Hi, I hope you are progressing well and coping ok.
Best Wishes with your immediate recuperation ! flower
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jan 2009, 18:43

TamedLamia wrote:
My physiotherapist is Elbow-Fan! Very Happy
After I did my walking training today she looked at the photo on the wall of Elbow and me in Hamburg and she said: "hey, that's Elbow!" Cool

Hey again!
Ich denke das hat dir ziemlich gefallen, stimmt's!? Ich hoffe du kommst bald raus aus dem Krankenhaus und bist bald wieder fit. Wer weiß wann Elbow wieder nach Deutschland kommen!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tinwal
fallen angel
fallen angel

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jan 2009, 22:18

Hi.
Hope you are getting better.

http://www.toazted.com/interview/306/Elbow.html
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009, 12:55

Hi folks, I feel a lot better today, yesterday I had again some fever and felt bad but today it seems to be a lot better. I even almost ate up my whole stew at lunch. Maybe I can get out next week but I will wait until I'm really well enough, I don't want to catch a flu now...
@Tinwal: that interview was sweet, I knew it yet but still thanx Very Happy Now I even know what "Zecke" means in english (deertic) What a Face
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009, 12:56

Good to hear you are feeling better TL, all the best.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jan 2009, 18:40

In the afternoon I got shivering again Mad but after I got some paracetamol I feel well again and had real appetite on my dinner! And I was allowed to eat yoghurt and cream cheese again! Very Happy YUM! (I was so bored of that sticky cheesespread, I'm really looking forward for my first curd cheese with linseedoil!!)
Keep your fingers crossed, that that nasty fever will leave at last..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need again good vibrations...   Need again good vibrations... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need again good vibrations...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next