elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+174
Lozzmeister
iamkloot
Gaily67
DullMindedGirl
lilli
Kay
Icen
Stupid Face
Worrywort
Portlawslim
MantraLuna
Dave K
dustbowl
Space_dementia
Quent1n
sonicpurveyor
Serendipity
Moultyx
DrunkenEngineer
Project571
Boney-Crisp
JMN
Atane
LikeACloudOfStarlings
HattyMarris
NeonChoir
shelala
The Lippy Kid
Emylou123
pgelbow2010
Panja
AyannaD
CrisalidaBoy
Dano
macpinky
Kayleigh
sillybilly
mitchy
homeward
n0n0k0
natalia
spanglemaker
benraul
imalittlebeast
chizzleface
pjmossy30
Weepsie
sparkly
Tara O.
Mollyb
jakiamena
Butterfly#42
allyngibson
bennn
redliz2
calypso
andy_landy
Kim
evad
Cestriansteve
captain pugwash
Brentie
Jools
The Love Almighty
a5quared
run-lola-run
Lynne
Tailfly
Diaan
rascalphoto
Lesley Gilks
WOBLEwoble
Steveissteve
gabbleratchet
danyadoi
Glasgow Girl
hilaryg
anydaynow
newborn
yesman
tojk
Cozzer
gazzmatazz
Bunts
ticky
androwe
Wirralgir1
Sally Cinnamon
The Finest Hour
bluejayway
dorsetbay
My Bury Vest
ferdalicious
nikkijaydee
Stockhaus
Dobz
will2fly
hagger
Bachman
ImaginedAffair
Eag
Bright Grey
Prestwich Red 143
SmilinSkullRing
salparadise
LongLegs
Annie
daveandthekids
dislocated northerner
bobblymole
Mirrorball
Alison
moonbeams
Mr Woman
Mr_K
Lillybef
Emma G
ElbowFreak
TheFoyer
Grant
Starlings
Dikky
heshofcheese
Leo
Georgie-Boy
Jan
13th Earl
takemeanywhere
SeldomSeenSimon
evilpixie
Condo Flipper
blackmissionary
bluefield
ChrisMcW
Mirrorballed
mrswoman
chan
klingklang
wurzel
stefinitely
Dave F.
finesthourfan
al
fadeupyoursmile
mrspetrol
lapitu
Fancy Pants
Trains Are...Mint
girlafraid
Calum
Carah
Emmo
Hotblack
Ted
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
noisebox
Jason
josephblack
emma
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Craig Potter
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Jones
Jonny
Topaz
leespoons
TamedLamia
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
178 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:42

Welcome Project571!
This is a lovely forum and it's good to have another 'veteran' with us.
Hope you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 23:43

Whoops!
I just saw Boney-Crisp signed up as well!
Welcome to you too, of course!
Back to top Go down
DrunkenEngineer
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 22:58

Greetings, another forum n00b but Elbow veteran - DrunkenEngineer at your service!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 13:18

Welcome Boney-Crisp, Project571 and DrunkenEngineer!
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 20:40

Hello to all the new members who signed up after me! There's so many of you guys.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 21:18

Welcome to the Drunken Engineer - easy on the binge drinkin' and Elbow overload !
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 21:31

...Wait, there's such a thing as an Elbow overload? I had no idea. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 09:01

Hi to all you newbies! Are those the Welsh Valleys you're from, Drunken Engineer?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar 2011, 19:34

Welcome Drunken Engineer!
Love the name!
Back to top Go down
Moultyx
newborn
newborn
Moultyx

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 10:04

I was already on this site but have been as quiet as a mouse in the last year coz nasty pasties broke in and stole my stuff. So, almost a year a later I'm back here.
My name is Simon I live in Bury. I like words, I write a lot of them about music and some of them about elbow on my website. When I got robbed I was writing an elbow project that I promised to do for Rich way back when I was 16. The stolen laptop will have those words so I had to re-write them. Nowt else to say really, that's what I do, I write and wait for an operation on my leg.

The website is on one of these clicky buttons somewhere on this post... clicky button is a technical term.

Bye for now.. Me xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.giventosound.com
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 12:00

Ho Moultyx. Welcome to the forum.

I like the name: are you familiar with the cult 60's track 'Moulty' by the Barbarians? An uplifting and inspiring autobiographical tale of a one armed drummer?

Moulty
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 17:55

Welcome fellow Bury-dweller !

You keep at it my friend, your site looks great.
Back to top Go down
Serendipity
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 19:22

Well it has to be done although I'm extremely reticent to come out of the shadows. This is in no way the full CV but here goes.

Hello everyone.
Been touched by their music since long ago hearing on the BBC, a snippet of Grace recorded at Glastonbury. Oooh that's different. I didn't catch their name but just remembered the mantra, odd drumming and that the announcer said it had been recorded with the crowd singing and would be released on Monday. Well, I don't think they made it that quickly and I embarrassed myself hugely by trolling round record shops (not my normal haunts) "I don't know their name or what it's called but it comes out this Monday and the chorus goes: I still believe in love so fuck you". I tied it all together a couple of weeks later.

I didn't get to see them live until Shepherds Bush Empire (they had the leopard skin stage carpet - Guy: "to match Pete's thong"). They were still a bit of a secret, tickets for the balcony were released on the day of performance and announced on the radio. It was wonderful.

I've also added my two'pennorth in several guises on the lamented Powderblue. Facebook is far too naked and stalker friendly for someone who occasionally has to deal with odd folk (no, I'm not a nurse). So here I am and once again, Hello everyone.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 19:43

So many new folks here since I last checked in! Welcome everyone! Good to have y'all along! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 20:02

ChrissieInFL wrote:
So many new folks here since I last checked in! Welcome everyone! Good to have y'all along! Very Happy

Innit. Welcome all! Smile
Back to top Go down
sonicpurveyor
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:10

only found out about this forum on the day of the Cambridge gig so here I am better late than never... evening all
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:15

Hi sonicpurveyor!! YAY!.... someone else from South Wales! Welcome to the forum!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sonicpurveyor
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:26

there's a few of us around ticky. 7 days till cardiff & 99 days till glasto yey
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:28

sonicpurveyor wrote:
there's a few of us around ticky. 7 days till cardiff & 99 days till glasto yey

You're right there - We'll be taking over soon! See you down the front at the CIA..
Back to top Go down
sonicpurveyor
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:37

I'll be there, mind you day off work, hitting the diff by early afternoon, may be requiring the front barrier to lean on to keep me upright
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:49

We'll be there - hope to get to the queue by about 4.30pm. Look out for a middle aged woman with 2 teenagers and a glamourous Floridian on the barrier!!
Back to top Go down
sonicpurveyor
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 23:51

q????? good god no i dont do q's my time is too precious to q...unless its at a bar
Back to top Go down
Quent1n
fallen angel
fallen angel
Quent1n

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 16:42

Hello all,

My name is Quentin, 21, and I'm from Paris (though don't call me a Parisian...), so you will find many mistakes in what I write, and you will have tons of "what does ... mean ?" !

But I fell in love with Elbow, err... 1 month ago xD
The first song I heard is Grounds for Divorce ot The Bones of You, I cannot remember but it blew me away, because it was so different from what I usually listen to. I have now bought (yes, bought !) now all their albums, even the last one and the Noisebox EP.
BaRB! on may be my favourite, but I am still not sure about that, Ill tell you in some years Wink

I want you to know how lucky you are to be english/irish/scottish. The band very oftenly come to your places, while they played in Paris 2 or 3 times...
Everyday I wish I see on Facebook "We will be playing in Paris on -whenenever, I will be thate-"

Other than Elbow, I love Muse, Kasabian, Sigur Ros, Slash, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, an so many more blues/metal/pop rock bands. I enjoy classical too (Vivaldi, Chopin, Bach). And some hip hop, Kanye West and french bands.
I love going to gigs but fortunately my girlfriend prevents me from ruining myself...

Ve read on threds that some of you are a bit disppointed about the current gigs because they miss the old stuff, but tell yourself you are lucky to see one of the greatest band ever !!

See you guy Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 20:29

Bienvenu sur Elbow Room Only, Quentin! Your English is much better than my French, which comes to you courtesy of 'Google Translate'. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 20:36

Bienvenu Quentin!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next