elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+174
Lozzmeister
iamkloot
Gaily67
DullMindedGirl
lilli
Kay
Icen
Stupid Face
Worrywort
Portlawslim
MantraLuna
Dave K
dustbowl
Space_dementia
Quent1n
sonicpurveyor
Serendipity
Moultyx
DrunkenEngineer
Project571
Boney-Crisp
JMN
Atane
LikeACloudOfStarlings
HattyMarris
NeonChoir
shelala
The Lippy Kid
Emylou123
pgelbow2010
Panja
AyannaD
CrisalidaBoy
Dano
macpinky
Kayleigh
sillybilly
mitchy
homeward
n0n0k0
natalia
spanglemaker
benraul
imalittlebeast
chizzleface
pjmossy30
Weepsie
sparkly
Tara O.
Mollyb
jakiamena
Butterfly#42
allyngibson
bennn
redliz2
calypso
andy_landy
Kim
evad
Cestriansteve
captain pugwash
Brentie
Jools
The Love Almighty
a5quared
run-lola-run
Lynne
Tailfly
Diaan
rascalphoto
Lesley Gilks
WOBLEwoble
Steveissteve
gabbleratchet
danyadoi
Glasgow Girl
hilaryg
anydaynow
newborn
yesman
tojk
Cozzer
gazzmatazz
Bunts
ticky
androwe
Wirralgir1
Sally Cinnamon
The Finest Hour
bluejayway
dorsetbay
My Bury Vest
ferdalicious
nikkijaydee
Stockhaus
Dobz
will2fly
hagger
Bachman
ImaginedAffair
Eag
Bright Grey
Prestwich Red 143
SmilinSkullRing
salparadise
LongLegs
Annie
daveandthekids
dislocated northerner
bobblymole
Mirrorball
Alison
moonbeams
Mr Woman
Mr_K
Lillybef
Emma G
ElbowFreak
TheFoyer
Grant
Starlings
Dikky
heshofcheese
Leo
Georgie-Boy
Jan
13th Earl
takemeanywhere
SeldomSeenSimon
evilpixie
Condo Flipper
blackmissionary
bluefield
ChrisMcW
Mirrorballed
mrswoman
chan
klingklang
wurzel
stefinitely
Dave F.
finesthourfan
al
fadeupyoursmile
mrspetrol
lapitu
Fancy Pants
Trains Are...Mint
girlafraid
Calum
Carah
Emmo
Hotblack
Ted
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
noisebox
Jason
josephblack
emma
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Craig Potter
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Jones
Jonny
Topaz
leespoons
TamedLamia
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
178 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 18:33

Hello Portlawslim - great to have you here!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 18:51

Welcome to this lovely community, Portlawslim!
We're all friends here and it's lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Apr 2011, 19:12

Welcome Portlawslim.
Hope you enjoy yourself here Smile
Back to top Go down
Worrywort
newborn
newborn
Worrywort

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 20:25

Hi All

New here. Love this band and just discovered this forum. Looking forward to being here.

I'm English (lived most of my life in Liverpool) but now I live in Alaska, USA (I kid you not!)

Please don't hold this against me, but I'm a huge U2 and Radiohead fan Shocked
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 21:08

Nice to meet you WorryWort. I'm also an English expat, living on the other side of the continent from you though, in New Brunswick, Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Worrywort
newborn
newborn
Worrywort

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 22:12

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Nice to meet you WorryWort. I'm also an English expat, living on the other side of the continent from you though, in New Brunswick, Canada.

Thank you. Both a long way from home eh? Where in England are you originally from?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 22:53

Manchester, naturally Smile

Well, Bolton to be precise, but I lived in Manchester most of my adult life.
Back to top Go down
dustbowl
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 19:52

hi worry wort nice of you to join this great forum i was across the pond for a while in the 90s florida where i met a scouser back in uk now im a massive radiohead fan how could i hold that against you the boys from oxford and bury just shine on and on
Back to top Go down
dustbowl
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 20:27

thanks magic trevor for great forum love talking about elbow they are the best band to ever come out of the north west im a massive doves fan too seen em more times than elbow !! seen the boys for 1st time 2002 met em at signing tent too guy mark craig pete and jupp are just the dogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stupid Face
fallen angel
fallen angel
Stupid Face

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011, 21:57

Hey Elbow fans,

I'm Carlyne from Scotland. I've been force fed Elbow from bt_remix on this forum! Didn't get to see them live because he didn't invite me. Maybe next time. Favourite Elbow tracks are One Day, With Love and The Night Will Always Win.
As bt & I are getting married next year, maybe you could suggest an Elbow song for our first dance?

Love your stupid faces

C x
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 09:53

Welcome Stupid Face ! Elbow song for your first dance has to be 'Great Expectations' !
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 12:50

Hello Everyone

Just saying hello and very glad to say I've recently got into Elbow. Been a muso and fanatic for more than 40 years now and had thought that I had seen and heard it all from Beethoven to the Pistols and everything inbetween, but I've been totally blown away by this band. The poise, beauty and discipline in their music is staggering.
They have rediscovered in me, the ability of music to truly move the soul.
I know....... I'm preaching to the converted here, I just felt I had to say that.

I live in Scotland at the moment, but was living in Islington, London 10 years ago, when I walked past a pool club called 'the Elbow Room". There was a band called Elbow playing there that night, made me laugh and I thought of going along but for some reason didn't.

I wish now I had, I would have had another 10 years living with their music but at least I've found 'em now.

I was listening to 6Music making my breakfast and heard Neat Little Rows. Weird coz I felt I'd heard it before and knew it quite well, somehow knew it was Elbow....?
Maybe I'd heard it on pre-release months ago but I don't know how or where......most strange, anyway if anyone knows why this maybe, do let me know.

Suffice to say, you all have great taste and looking forward to many more great pieces of music.

Icen

Last edited by Icen on Sat 30 Apr 2011, 17:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 13:14

Welcome Icen - a lovely first post, straight from the heart, I can tell ! I love you
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2011, 18:03

Hi Stupid Face and Icen - welcome to the forum!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kay
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 19:51

Hi all - have only really joined for a bit of information, if anyone knows anything. I've already posted in the elbow music section about this.

My partner was into the Bury and Manchester music scene back in the early 90s and used to go to see Mr Soft / Soft when they played tiny local venues. We've just come across a cassette that was a self release, and precedes the Noisebox EP by probably 4 or 5 years. It was only available, as far as I know, at Vibes in Bury and I don't know how many were released or how many are still in existence.

Anyone have any information about it?

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 229573_10150189500746267_585021266_7063304_7070230_n
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2011, 22:09

Yikes!! Welcome to the forum Kay!!

Is there any way you could get that uploaded to the forum - I would LOVE to hear it!!!
Back to top Go down
lilli
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 09:43

Hello everyone! Just introducing myself. I'm a little girl from a country called Finland, and I have loved Elbow for about two or three years now. I've been reading your posts a while and decided to join myself too Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 13:21

Hi lilli and a big welcome !

Enjoy the forum, as I'm sure you know it's a cool place to hang out ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilli
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 19:06

Thanks, I will! Smile
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 19:40

Welcome lilli, i'm sure you'll fit in well here Smile
Back to top Go down
DullMindedGirl
newborn
newborn
DullMindedGirl

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 11:47

Heya everyone!
Finn no.2.. Wink (hei taas lilli!)

Slightly coy when it comes to boards of any kind, but here goes...

I first heard Elbow about 10 years ago, think I was 17 at the time.. the song was Red, and my love for the group was born!
Elbow is one of these groups I have grown older with, and over the years, my love for their music has only grown.. Elbow is indeed like a fine bottle of red (and the two combined is probably closest to heaven I've yet reached, ha!)...
I am, in general, a true fanatic and lover of music, it is the first thing I need in the morning and what puts me to sleep at night - and songs like Great Expectations and Newborn (the list could go on and on but these two first came to mind) feel like old friends who have comforted me and, made me smile throughout the years.. (and have inspired a few, sh!te poems aka dull-minded)
I can't wait to experience the next 10 years with Elbow!

P.S. I am much looking forward to seeing Elbow live next summer, feels almost like another pillar in life reached!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 12:37

Welcome DullMindedGirl - always a pleasure to welcome new 'disciples' of the Elbow community,

Enjoy my friend !
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 May 2011, 13:09

Welcome indeed! I understand your coyness about forums, but this is a different and special place, I think.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2011, 09:28

Hi Lilli and Dullmindedgirl - welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaily67
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 11:06

Don't think I've introduced myself. Fell in love with Elbow when Seldom Seen Kid came out. Love their lyrics and musicality and the fact that they are just 5 normal guys with an amazing talent. Was lucky to see them recently at intimate gig at The Junction in Cambridge and at 02. Love looking at the Forum will be lovely to get to know you all! Gail sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next