elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.

Go down 
+174
Lozzmeister
iamkloot
Gaily67
DullMindedGirl
lilli
Kay
Icen
Stupid Face
Worrywort
Portlawslim
MantraLuna
Dave K
dustbowl
Space_dementia
Quent1n
sonicpurveyor
Serendipity
Moultyx
DrunkenEngineer
Project571
Boney-Crisp
JMN
Atane
LikeACloudOfStarlings
HattyMarris
NeonChoir
shelala
The Lippy Kid
Emylou123
pgelbow2010
Panja
AyannaD
CrisalidaBoy
Dano
macpinky
Kayleigh
sillybilly
mitchy
homeward
n0n0k0
natalia
spanglemaker
benraul
imalittlebeast
chizzleface
pjmossy30
Weepsie
sparkly
Tara O.
Mollyb
jakiamena
Butterfly#42
allyngibson
bennn
redliz2
calypso
andy_landy
Kim
evad
Cestriansteve
captain pugwash
Brentie
Jools
The Love Almighty
a5quared
run-lola-run
Lynne
Tailfly
Diaan
rascalphoto
Lesley Gilks
WOBLEwoble
Steveissteve
gabbleratchet
danyadoi
Glasgow Girl
hilaryg
anydaynow
newborn
yesman
tojk
Cozzer
gazzmatazz
Bunts
ticky
androwe
Wirralgir1
Sally Cinnamon
The Finest Hour
bluejayway
dorsetbay
My Bury Vest
ferdalicious
nikkijaydee
Stockhaus
Dobz
will2fly
hagger
Bachman
ImaginedAffair
Eag
Bright Grey
Prestwich Red 143
SmilinSkullRing
salparadise
LongLegs
Annie
daveandthekids
dislocated northerner
bobblymole
Mirrorball
Alison
moonbeams
Mr Woman
Mr_K
Lillybef
Emma G
ElbowFreak
TheFoyer
Grant
Starlings
Dikky
heshofcheese
Leo
Georgie-Boy
Jan
13th Earl
takemeanywhere
SeldomSeenSimon
evilpixie
Condo Flipper
blackmissionary
bluefield
ChrisMcW
Mirrorballed
mrswoman
chan
klingklang
wurzel
stefinitely
Dave F.
finesthourfan
al
fadeupyoursmile
mrspetrol
lapitu
Fancy Pants
Trains Are...Mint
girlafraid
Calum
Carah
Emmo
Hotblack
Ted
lucky with disease
Misspelt Yoof
noisebox
Jason
josephblack
emma
MrsMagicalTrevor
Glendarian
Craig Potter
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
Skeletor
JulieinTX
Jones
Jonny
Topaz
leespoons
TamedLamia
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
178 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
hagger
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008, 10:34

Hey there! Glad to find a nice community for elbow. Quick question: anyone else seeing them today, at Effenaar in Eindhoven? I'd love to see if anyone is.

Looking forward to it massively, Laura marling is opening, which can only be a good thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
will2fly
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008, 14:09

Hello there, I'm a Dutch Elbow fan. I went to two of their concerts this week, on Sunday in Haarlem and on Thursday, in Groningen, my home town. I was only planning on going to the Haarlem gig, with my cousin who lives there. But it was so wonderful and I was so happy that my cousin also liked the band, that I forked out on another ticket.
The Haarlem gig was funny because of the competition winners forming the 'Throw those curtains wide' chorus, but I enjoyed the Groningen performance more. The Northern crowd is usu. a difficult one, but when a band get them (us) going, they really let rip. So I wasn't surprised there was foot-stamping while calling for the encore.
During Guy's 'any questions' breather, I decided to ask how Richard's hand was. 'how kind of you to ask' Guy replied and said to Richard: 'Show the nice people your hand' (which was all bandaged up because of an accident) and he said he was doing ok. Guy added: 'And now he's put out his back as well'
Also, while the Haarlem crowd was baying for 'Any Day Now', us lot in Groningen got it, which was nice.
Afterward, the tourmanager saw to it that the band signed my GFD singles pack. A jolly great Elbow week for me.

I'm not much of a poster/blogger, but I wanted to share this with you. All best!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Nov 2008, 15:14

Welcome to you both!

You got "Any Day Now"? You lucky people, I don't think I've ever seen them play that.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Dobz
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 00:33

Hello everyone. Been registered for a little while now but haven't introduced myself properly.

I first saw Elbow when they were supporting Snow Patrol December 2006 at Manchester GMEX. I thought then how good they were but didn't get around to buying any albums until TSSK about 6 months ago.

I was totally blown away by them - have since bought COT and LOTFW. I'm an old bag of, errrrr ermmmm, 49 and am quite surprised that some of their songs can bring tears to my eyes Surprised

I had tickets for their Manchester gig in October but at the last minute couldn't go (put a post in the For Sale section to sell the tickets). I was absolutely gutted that I couldn't go but glad I managed to sell the tickets to another genuine Elbow fan. I have now got tickets to the Llandudno gig on March 9th. Can't wait to see them live.

Great forum - thanks MT and all.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Nov 2008, 08:46

Hi Dobz, thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Introduce yourself?   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Dec 2008, 12:39

So I just found this, i've been looking for a while after an elbow board, anyway
This will be something new, actually be the newbie on a board, on my "old board" i used (well i say past tense now) to be the grumpy fucker who was far from nice to newbies.
Anyway, im stocky, well that is what most people call me, and that is from Stockhaus which got shorten to Stock and ever since lots of different endings has been put to my name, Stocky, Stockis, Stockan, Stockmos and so on. Im from Sweden, though most people call me the welsh swede because im working in wales alot and been coming over regularly since 2003.
Elbow is... well mostly unknown in sweden, I've heard them before the new album, but it was not until I saw them at Glasto this year I really got into them, it was the first time i saw them live, I had not planned to see them but I could not bare to walk anymore so me and my mate sat on the grass eatng waffles in the sun when they came on. nice surprise there.

Last edited by Stockhaus on Thu 11 Dec 2008, 13:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Dec 2008, 12:56

Merged. And welcome.

Stockhaus wrote:
Im from Sweden, though most people call me the welsh swede because im working in wales alot and been coming over regularly since 2003.
Hence the sheep.

By the way, the search button can be found at the top toolbar of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Dec 2008, 13:08

right. Sorry for that I just assumed a thread like this would be n the "general" part of a forum. My fault.

search button search button search button-.-- ah found it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Dec 2008, 13:12

Stockhaus wrote:
right. Sorry for that I just assumed a thread like this would be n the "general" part of a forum. My fault.

Not your fault. Back in the days when this board was only a couple of topics, MT put the Welcome Area in what was the general area at the time, which was the Elbow Patch. Since then the Hole has come along. We should change it really, but I think everyone is used to the layout now. Plus people generally avoid the Hole until the have been a member for a while. Anyway, nice to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Dec 2008, 13:21

ah right, yeah well its a simple forum, that is nice, i hate these huge board which just makes you all confused.
So newbies dont hang around the hole in the beginning? yeah well its understandable as it general chats do have a tendency of turning into more injokes between people and stuff. most people might go into the elbow parts of this board first because that is what most people do, have a look and drop a line about how much they love the band so most people should see the introduce thread.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2008, 07:29

Welcome to our intense little community Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2008, 22:38

Welcome to our simple little forum, where we are always nice to Newbies! I love you
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Dec 2008, 01:22

Welcome, Stockhaus! Beer
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009, 19:43

Hello

I am ashamed to admit I have only recently discovered Elbow but in the last two weeks have bought the entire back catalogue and completely fallen in love!!!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009, 22:28

That's what I like to hear - this is why the huge success of The Seldom Seen Kid is a very, very positive thing. Welcome!
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2009, 23:55

munchkin wrote:
Hello

I am ashamed to admit I have only recently discovered Elbow but in the last two weeks have bought the entire back catalogue and completely fallen in love!!!

Welcome Munchkin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 08:08

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" welcom Munchkin Smile love your picture Smile
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 22:22

Hi Munchkin, welcome to the community.
Back to top Go down
SmilinSkullRing
friend of ours
friend of ours
SmilinSkullRing

Female Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jan 2009, 22:27

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.smilinskullring.blogspot.com
ferdalicious
fallen angel
fallen angel
ferdalicious

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: New in the zoo...   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 20:46

Evenin' folks...

enjoyin' an ale of the finest Newcastle variety... listenin' to some toooooone's (Kings of Leon at the mo) and contenplatin' puttin' the heatin' on... s'chuffin' freezin' in here...
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 20:53

Evening Smile

I must say that i like your location Smile welcome to the cause (Forum if you prefer) Smile are you a new convert to elbowism, or have you just locaed the forum?
Back to top Go down
ferdalicious
fallen angel
fallen angel
ferdalicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 21:02

yes to both... watched the snippets of them live @ Glastonbery (can't spell due to booze and fins Rolling Eyes )... bought new album... bought other albums... watched Abbey roads thing... hooked*

tried to get tickets for Brizol gig - missed out

saw the forum and thought 'what the hey'

*not a good thing to be if your a shark Mad
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 21:17

I would imagine not Razz how does typing work? what with the fin ends taking up like 5 keys Razz and when dd you develop this level of brain power? wat's your fave albu?
Back to top Go down
ferdalicious
fallen angel
fallen angel
ferdalicious

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 21:37

Grant wrote:
I would imagine not Razz how does typing work? what with the fin ends taking up like 5 keys Razz

its not for no good reason us sharks have pointy nose's Twisted Evil

isn't evolution wonderful Very Happy

Grant wrote:

wat's your fave albu?

don't know that I've got a favorite yet... I haven't got past the 'listening them to death' phase yet...

Grace Under Pressure is a tuuune - although it seems to devide opinion if what I've seen on here is anything to go by scratch

One Day Like This gives me goosebumps Very Happy

in the words of Mr Seasick Steve - " Its All good!"
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2009, 21:49

ferdalicious wrote:
its not for no good reason us sharks have pointy nose's Twisted Evil

Grace Under Pressure is a tuuune - although it seems to devide opinion if what I've seen on here is anything to go by scratch

Hahahahahahahaha Razz

And i prefer the actual live version of Grace Under Pressure, as you can atually hear Guy at the end!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.   Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here. - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to elbow room only! - Please introduce yourselves here.
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next