elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm up gig?

Go down 
+19
elbowismymuse
boy
v5
Cestriansteve
chan
lucky with disease
heshofcheese
crazyhorse69
Mr Woman
sparky
mrswoman
Lynne
My Bury Vest
mitchy
errant
Cestrian Saint
Kim
Jones
ticky
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Warm up gig? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 11:51

Just a mildly embittered slight rant. Will have another shot on Friday. At least we're sorted for the main tour  Smile 
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 19:06

@crazyhorse69 Hmmm, I'm not 'claiming' I didn't get the email with the right link. The last missive I received from the mailing list was on 27th Jan, telling fans to go to the official site for Newcastle. Making a living from coding and other techie stuff, I *know* my SMTP from my spam folder, so go figure...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 19:31

mrswoman wrote:
@crazyhorse69 Hmmm, I'm not 'claiming' I didn't get the email with the right link. The last missive I received from the mailing list was on 27th Jan, telling fans to go to the official site for Newcastle. Making a living from coding and other techie stuff, I *know* my SMTP from my spam folder, so go figure...

Very odd indeed, i'm subscribed on 2 X different e-mail addresses and both arrived within 7 minutes of each other last night, but the e-mails from the 27th arrived around 6 hours appart, it's not very consistent, especially if others aren't getting anything at all.
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 19:51

Oh holy cow Newcastle too far for me,can't leave family for that long&can't afford it,gutted! No 
Good luck with tickets to those who can make it.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 20:15

crazyhorse69 wrote:
mrswoman wrote:

Very odd indeed, i'm subscribed on 2 X different e-mail addresses and both arrived within 7 minutes of each other last night, but the e-mails from the 27th arrived around 6 hours appart, it's not very consistent, especially if others aren't getting anything at all.

I had the same experience as mrswoman........An email on the 27th announcing the warmup gig presale and telling me to check elbow's website on Wednesday morning for details. Nothing else at all then until the link was given out at 9 this morning on the website.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 20:39

mrswoman wrote:

here's my 2 pence...

i'm signed up on various email accounts down the years, my @gmail & @live accounts got the 27th emails and nothing else. my @blueyonder account i rarely check got the 27th and the 28th emails...

go figure that...
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014, 21:47

Nice one, errant. Maybe that's one hidden trade-off for using free email accounts.

Wanna borrow my conspiracy-theorist's tin foil hat...?   affraid

Back OT, fingers crossed for anyone wanting to nab a ticket on Friday.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 14:55

I couldn't get a signal on my phone at work (we haven't got internet access in my department), so I missed out :-(
Will try again tomorrow, if that fails then it'll be hoping my mates shop, Reflex in Newcastle are selling tickets for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 08:31

at previous warm-up gigs, have they had a support with them? just wondering if jimi will be there in newcastle this year?
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 08:31

heshofcheese wrote:
I couldn't get a signal on my phone at work (we haven't got internet access in my department),  so I missed out :-(
Will try again tomorrow,  if that fails then it'll be hoping my mates shop, Reflex in Newcastle are selling tickets for this.

reflex... i love that place...  bounce   Smile 
Back to top Go down
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 08:39

errant wrote:
heshofcheese wrote:
I couldn't get a signal on my phone at work (we haven't got internet access in my department),  so I missed out :-(
Will try again tomorrow,  if that fails then it'll be hoping my mates shop, Reflex in Newcastle are selling tickets for this.

reflex...  i love that place...  bounce   Smile 

It's my go to store as well, been buying vinyl from Reflex for years.

I've not heard any mention that they've got any allocation of tickets for this gig, sometimes for the bigger shows they get a handful of tickets nearer the time.
Back to top Go down
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 09:04

Still plenty left at ticketweb and seetickets if people are struggling
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 12:42

All sold out now. Gigsandtickets wouldn't recognise my email address and ticketweb and seetickets were both sold out by the time I'd finished with the useless Gigsandtickets site.
To say I'm pissed off is an understatement.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 12:50

Didn't even try after Wednesday's Email shenanigans.

We've come to the conclusion that we can no longer be bothered with the hassle of these 09:00 scrums for tickets. It gets more ridiculous every time and we can do without the stress, tbh.
Back to top Go down
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 13:04

Mr Woman wrote:
Didn't even try after Wednesday's Email shenanigans.

We've come to the conclusion that we can no longer be bothered with the hassle of these 09:00 scrums for tickets. It gets more ridiculous every time and we can do without the stress, tbh.

It was far from a scramble, very easy to get tickets this morning, they were still available for at least 2 hours from going on sale.
Back to top Go down
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 13:06

heshofcheese wrote:
All sold out now. Gigsandtickets wouldn't recognise my email address and ticketweb and seetickets were both sold out by the time I'd finished with the useless Gigsandtickets site.

There's always extra tickets released nearer the time, just keep an eye on get to the front website, best thing to do is sign up to their twitter updates, extra allocations are always added nearer the actual show.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 21:01

crazyhorse69 wrote:
heshofcheese wrote:

There's always extra tickets released nearer the time, just keep an eye on get to the front website, best thing to do is sign up to their twitter updates, extra allocations are always added nearer the actual show.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this buying gig tickets lark crazyhorse69, even advertising another secondary ticketing site! The extra allocations nearer the time are probably the same ones that are sitting on stub hub, seatwave and viagogo since early friday morning at 3 times face value.
Sure it was easy for you, in those 2 hours, with your knowledge, others with poorer internet connection were getting a timed out message up, due to heavy traffic when clicking the Elbow link to See tickets, I tried myself, several times.
I also never received the email link for the 'fan' presale and the link didn't show on the website until well past 9...by that time the 400 allocation had already gone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
crazyhorse69
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 21:11

lucky with disease wrote:
crazyhorse69 wrote:
heshofcheese wrote:

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this buying gig tickets lark crazyhorse69, even advertising another secondary ticketing site! The extra allocations nearer the time are probably the same ones that are sitting on stub hub, seatwave and viagogo since early friday morning at 3 times face value.
Sure it was easy for you, in those 2 hours, with your knowledge, others with poorer internet connection were getting a timed out message up, due to heavy traffic when clicking the Elbow link to See tickets, I tried myself, several times.
I also never received the email link for the 'fan' presale and the link didn't show on the  website until well past 9...by that time the 400 allocation had already gone.

Get to the front is not a secondary ticketing site, it's a website that lists all live shows, when they go on sale etc, when extra tickets have been released etc, all links to gigs from get to the front website link only to first line ticket sites, i.e, ticketmaster, seetickets, ticketline, AEG, gigantic, ticketweb. It's been a massive help to me over the years when gigs have been sold out, they tweet when extra tickets are released by the promotors (for example production seats, any returns, or sometimes they just undersell a little bit on purpose to leave them avialable nearer the date). I am knowlegable in this area, mainly because of having 25 years of gigging under my belt, i've got quite smart at it, and learnt the hard way in the beginning, i.e. missing out on gigs etc, it's all about been prepared the best you can be, try to cover all the options, and the main thing for me is I just don't like missing out, so I do everything to ensure that doesn't happen Smile
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 22:14

Having 40 years of gigging under my belt, I also ensure it doesn't happen. I sometimes look at the website safeconcerts.com and this is what they say about gettothefront.co.uk
Confidence Rating: 0%
Listed since:
27th Feb 2010
This Company has not been rated yet Be the first to rate it
Links through to other ticket agents, some primary but some unauthorised. ...more
Positive points none Negative Points 4
Company: Get to the Front
Seller Type: Affiliate Sales

We're not here to judge, we can't tell you not to use a website, all we can do is to give you as many facts about the sites as we can so that you can make your own mind up.
Dull yet neccessary disclaimer: Safeconcerts.com cannot be held liable for any loss caused as a result of the publication of information here or of your acts or omissions based on the information published here. This is an open forum and as such we welcome contributions from any companies listed to correct any inaccuracies. Read our full terms and conditions of use.

Negative No positive attributes
Positive No or poor contact details on website
It is ALWAYS a concern when websites do not have proper contact details on the site. more
Positive No UK landline phone number
No UK landline could indicate that the site is not a UK based site. more
Positive We wouldn't use them
Safeconcerts do not recommend any Secondary Ticket Agents or re-sellers. more
Positive Not allocated tickets by promoters
Secondary sites and re-sellers are not allocated tickets by authorised means. more
About gettothefront.co.uk
Sponsored links to some very unauthourised sites, be sure to do your checks if you find a site via this one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 02 Feb 2014, 20:17

I know it's not ideal, but touted tickets on sites like stub hub etc., are about £53 per ticket. Considering tickets for Cambridge were about £150, it's not as bad as that. Still can't afford to go though.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 10:20

Pfft. New members should note that trolling others with how clever you are at buying hot tickets WILL p*ss enough people off to then put *you* in the firing line.  

Oh, was that moderator warning a little late?

Yep, lots of people on here have been buying tickets for years, so patronising fellow gig-goers isn't well tolerated.

Personally, I reckon this gritty documentary tells it the way it is when buying tix in 2014:
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 17:09

Ha ha - know exactly how they feel!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 11:34

lol, the only difference with me is that I start "refreshing" the page 10 seconds before the sale goes live!  Just to be sure!!!

Back on topic:
As far as I know there usually isn't a support for a warm up show but I could be wrong.
Also, this warm up show seems to be in a league of its own; no intimate gathering in a small(ish) space, so I guess this is new territory for the management as well.
Leaving aside any email or ticketing website issues, I do feel it's a shame that the fan pre-sale wasn't really a fan pre-sale, having been announced on twitter to the masses well beforehand...
Please don't get me wrong: I have no problem with "random" people on Twitter (who are maybe not huge elbow fans but are genuinely interested in catching the show) buying tickets but unfortunately, I suspect quite a few of those tickets went to touts, thereby excluding genuine gig-goers be they mega-fans or "randomers"...
Still, a fan pre-sale should be a fan pre-sale.
I personally wouldn't have a problem paying a small fee (say£5) for a pre-sale code which could be deducted from the final transaction or refunded if unsuccessful.
Just a thought and I'm sure possibly not workable for many reason. Just musing here...
Anyway, I hope that any of yous who are going have a great time and of course we want a full report!
I will really miss the pre-gig excitement and the camaraderie whilst queueing; so much fun!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 12:18

Jones wrote:
lol, the only difference with me is that I start "refreshing" the page 10 seconds before the sale goes live!  Just to be sure!!!

Back on topic:
As far as I know there usually isn't a support for a warm up show but I could be wrong.
Also, this warm up show seems to be in a league of its own; no intimate gathering in a small(ish) space, so I guess this is new territory for the management as well.

Cool beans... thanks for the heads up!

I suppose the band are in a new league though, this is now what their level on recognition classifies as an 'intimate gig', to be honest i didnt expect to get to see them play a academy sized venue again, let alone the Newcastle one!

Its been a long time since the basement of the Newcastle uni! quite a journey... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Feb 2014, 18:30

ticky wrote:
I know it's not ideal, but touted tickets on sites like stub hub etc., are about £53 per ticket.  Considering tickets for Cambridge were about £150, it's not as bad as that. Still can't afford to go though.

This is the route I've gone down, got mine for 50 quid each which is not too bad, I suppose.  Neutral 

Now I just need to get the time off work, cos I'm a late shift that day.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm up gig?   Warm up gig? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm up gig?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next