elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Album Number 6 starts here...

Go down 
+40
The Night Won
suered
lucky with disease
Ifordy
tumbles
amicausa
mrswoman
boy
achtung3d
Joost
Mirrorball
Kiresg
ukkonen
AyannaD
mouxlaloulouda
MagicalTrevor
holmes
heshofcheese
NeonChoir
OllieCT
Kim
Jones
TinTin
Molly
Niftium
mainscoe
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
ticky
ChrissieInFL
elbowismymuse
Puncture Repair
My Bury Vest
The DaddyO 44
Open arms
ElbowFreak
JessieAddick
allyngibson
WOBLEwoble
errant
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Mirrorball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Mar 2014, 02:29

Have the line 'What a perfect waste of time' going round my head, love that line Smile 
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Mar 2014, 20:20

MT's snowboarding I think I understand....just you and the music..... I'm really enjoying this on my own in the car.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014, 06:49

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I can confirm that this new album is bloody great to listen to when snowboarding, just in case anyone was worried.

I can confirm this new album is bloody great to listen to when driving through the fog in Cheetham Hill this morning, in case anyone was worried !  Very Happy

P.S 'The Hil' Rough area of Manchester for those not familiar !
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014, 12:28

Listened on headphones very late last night. This is ruddy marvellous. Best thing they've done since Leaders.

Haven't caught the gist of all the lyrics yet, but the Burton/Taylor reference made me chuckle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014, 12:53

In case anyone forgot, you can find all the lyrics at the label's press kit:

http://mediakits.concordmusicgroup.com/p/the-take-off-and-landing-of-everything/lyrics.html
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Mar 2014, 14:28

My Bury Vest wrote:
MagicalTrevor wrote:
I can confirm that this new album is bloody great to listen to when snowboarding, just in case anyone was worried.

I can confirm this new album is bloody great to listen to when driving through the fog in Cheetham Hill this morning, in case anyone was worried !  Very Happy

P.S 'The Hil' Rough area of Manchester for those not familiar !

Know it well...I'm glad this album works marvelously in all scenarios Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
andreizamf
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Mar 2014, 09:20

Cheers, fellow elbow fans! Check out my review of The Take Off and Landing of Everything. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

http://magazine.overground.ro/2014/03/review-elbow-the-take-off-and-landing-of-everything/
Back to top Go down
The Night Won
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Mar 2014, 11:51

Can anyone please confirm what you get for the extra £££ in the 'Deluxe Digipack' version of the album?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Mar 2014, 21:05

Musically it's the same but it's different packaging.

Don't know the proper terminology (probably a digipack Question ) but I have the deluxe version and it is a cardboard album package thingy rather than a plastic jewel cd case with an insert
Back to top Go down
The Night Won
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2014, 06:50

You have described what I received from Amazon.

It seems a bit harsh to charge £4 extra for posh packaging, if not misleading to describe it as a 'deluxe digipack' - to me that suggests some extra digital content - as has been included with previous 'deluxe' versions of Elbow albums
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2014, 09:06

I figured that was going to happen and still went through with the purchase back in November. I assume this isn't a common practice in the UK since this is the only band I've encountered issues with when pre-ordering (abbey road 'limited' edition, barb! digipack, and now this). Knowing my luck, I'll opt out for the next offer and they'll actually have bonus material.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
CrisalidaBoy
fallen angel
fallen angel
CrisalidaBoy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2014, 19:55

I am not a long-time fan of Elbow. Three years ago I came across their music and I felt in love with Grounds For Divorce, what made me listen to TSSK and discover my fave song from them: Weather To Fly. But a part from that one... well, I like their music, but that was it. And since English isn't my native language, I have a hard time understanding the lyrics, which I know that are a 50% of their art.

Anyway: there are many songs I like from Elbow (I have listened to all the albums in their integrity), but there is no album that has grabbed me as this one has. The moment I listened to it for the first time I knew it would become my fave album of theirs, and I wasn't wrong: I've loved Fly Boy Blue/Lunette since the start (awww that second part, and that sharp, almost chaotic horn section!). It has won my heart in a way only Weather To Fly had. Instant connection.

Now I cannot put any of the songs in TTALOE out of my mind. Maybe only the title track and Colour Fields are not 100% perfect, but they are becoming better and better with every listen. The obvious tranquility that floods the sound of the tracks, that delicate hope vibe they contain and the delicacy with which all the songs were arranged are "born" makes it a future all-time favourite. I can sense it. Thank you Elbow for making this album and for being the soundtrack to my 2014, I truly feel charmed with your songs!! Very Happy 

Also, now I feel prepared for really discovering the rest of their discography. It is all about timing, I suppose...!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2014, 11:44

I haven't been around much recently and as I STILL have no internet/phone/heating/sanity at my new house, I haven't been on here much. What to say about this album.... To be honest, I was really quite nervous, in case I wasn't keen on it; I only liked a couple of tracks off BARB. However, I shouldn't have worried, it's a masterpiece and certain tracks have moved me to tears with the raw emotion of the lyrics. For the last year or so, music hasn't played a big part in my life and it's such a relief to listen to something that I connect with so intensely. I even wake up in the middle of the night with the songs on my brain. Maybe it's time to give it a break for a bit! Utterly, utterly brilliant - My passion for all things Elbow has been rekindled. Is it too early to mention Mercury...? Well done lads, you've played a blinder.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2014, 12:50

ticky wrote:
I haven't been around much recently and as I STILL have no internet/phone/heating/sanity at my new house, I haven't been on here much.  What to say about this album....  To be honest, I was really quite nervous, in case I wasn't keen on it; I only liked a couple of tracks off BARB.  However, I shouldn't have worried, it's a masterpiece and certain tracks have moved me to tears with the raw emotion of the lyrics.  For the last year or so, music hasn't played a big part in my life and it's such a relief to listen to something that I connect with so intensely.  I even wake up in the middle of the night with the songs on my brain.  Maybe it's time to give it a break for a bit!  Utterly, utterly brilliant - My passion for all things Elbow has been rekindled.  Is it too early to mention Mercury...?  Well done lads, you've played a blinder.  cheers 

Ticky, the second half of your post is where I'm at EXACTLY, with Elbow.  Very Happy 

Hope things will be on the up for you asap.....
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2014, 16:08

Break? Elbow break? Had it long enough - I'm happy to drown into all the new Elbow stuff. :-)
I'm going to bed with my iPod on. :-)
Strangly enough I don't dream of them. My bad...

Well, what can I say about TTOALOE. At first it seemed too quiet for me... But after reaaally listening to it it's getting better and better.
There's nothing to say about the lyrics. As you all know I needed a little help. :-)
But Guy never ever should write about him in a grave again. Yes, beautiful lyrics - but I don't want to think about it.
My favourite songs (doesn't matter if for the lyrics or the music) are Charge, Fly boy blue/Lunette, New York Morning, My Sad Captains, Colour Fields and TTOALOE.
Sooo, not many songs left that didn't catch me at first. Doesn't mean that This blue wolrd, Real Life, Honey Sun and The blanket of night are not great... Probalby I'll love them in a year or so. Always works like this for me. :-)

All in all... Leaders is still my favourite Album - but this one's great too!!!! (Like everything!)
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 17:41

It's so great to hear the sweet sound of Elbow from my 16 year old daughter's room. The new album has certainly made a good impression on her. Makes a change from the usual crap she plays and she doesn't like Elbow. She's learning. Harmony and peace in the Grey household......
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 18:08

ticky wrote:
...it's such a relief to listen to something that I connect with so intensely.

Yeah me too Ticky... haven't found much worth listenting to in the last couple of years and lacking inspiration of what to buy.
Mostly just trawling through old stuff periodically in the odd nostalgia fest.

So it's great to finally have another album I can get lost in. It really is very good and it is more "elbow" to me than BARB ever was.

Prior to this release I also found a young band called Wolf Alice and i really love their stuff, so between the two I've regained some interest in all things mucial.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr 2014, 11:03

CrisalidaBoy wrote:

Also, now I feel prepared for really discovering the rest of their discography. It is all about timing, I suppose...!

hope you get round to it, you have a treat ahead... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Number 6 starts here...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8