elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Album Number 6 starts here...

Go down 
+40
The Night Won
suered
lucky with disease
Ifordy
tumbles
amicausa
mrswoman
boy
achtung3d
Joost
Mirrorball
Kiresg
ukkonen
AyannaD
mouxlaloulouda
MagicalTrevor
holmes
heshofcheese
NeonChoir
OllieCT
Kim
Jones
TinTin
Molly
Niftium
mainscoe
Lynne
ChrissyBoy
ticky
ChrissieInFL
elbowismymuse
Puncture Repair
My Bury Vest
The DaddyO 44
Open arms
ElbowFreak
JessieAddick
allyngibson
WOBLEwoble
errant
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2014, 14:37

Niftium wrote:
errant wrote:
AyannaD wrote:
Does anyone know the difference between the standard CD and deluxe CD versions? Thanks in advance.

back in the day, it used to be the packaging they came in...  more plush box etc rather than a standard plastic dual case...  not sure this time round, don't recall the deluxe versions ever having extra tracks or anything...

Both Japanese and UK Amazon pages are showing the deluxe edition to have 2 discs.

special dvd perhaps?  bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2014, 20:05

Niftium wrote:
errant wrote:
AyannaD wrote:
Does anyone know the difference between the standard CD and deluxe CD versions? Thanks in advance.

back in the day, it used to be the packaging they came in...  more plush box etc rather than a standard plastic dual case...  not sure this time round, don't recall the deluxe versions ever having extra tracks or anything...

Both Japanese and UK Amazon pages are showing the deluxe edition to have 2 discs.

There seems to be a £14.99 version which is the 2 discs. The link to the deluxe version from the website is listed as a digipack with 1 disc. I'll be a little annoyed if the 2 disc exists and it isn't what you could pre-order from last year.

The last album's deluxe had a digipack w/ foil cover which was... interesting. Not much else.

For US fans:
Quote :
The Take Off and Landing of Everything’ will be released via Concord Music Group in the U.S and will be available in store and digitally on 03/11.
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jan 2014, 20:37

Wow, an actual matching release in the US? That's wild. Almost makes up for not being able to download NYM anywhere..
Back to top Go down
Joost
fallen angel
fallen angel
Joost

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 10:25

The website from Universal says that it is not 'final artwork'.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/elbow-new-cd-album/invt/0602537547678
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 00:48

Joost wrote:
The website from Universal says that it is not 'final artwork'.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/elbow-new-cd-album/invt/0602537547678

Excellent news!
Back to top Go down
achtung3d
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 10:57

Looks like Amazon are first with a proper album cover...

Album artwork found here...
Back to top Go down
Joost
fallen angel
fallen angel
Joost

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 14:30

Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Elbow_ttoaloe_album_mailer_420
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 17:26

Very nice indeed  flower 
Back to top Go down
boy
little beast
little beast
boy

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 19:06

Looks like my niece which obviously makes it my new favourite album

...and all the amazing tracks we've heard so far, of course Wink
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 07:34

Has that 'Puressence/Sundays' feel to it...........can only be applauded. Quite like it.

Last edited by My Bury Vest on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 08:35

Joost wrote:
Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Elbow_ttoaloe_album_mailer_420

how would describe what that is a photo of? i was trying to tell someone about the new art work and the best description i could come up with was a "creepy gnome"???
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 14:46

errant wrote:
how would describe what that is a photo of?  i was trying to tell someone about the new art work and the best description i could come up with was a "creepy gnome"???

Ha! Well, I'm not seeing "gnome"...the first word that sprung to my mind was actually "cherub". I guess it *could* be considered a "creepy" cherub, though.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 15:04

ChrissieInFL wrote:
errant wrote:
how would describe what that is a photo of?  i was trying to tell someone about the new art work and the best description i could come up with was a "creepy gnome"???

Ha! Well, I'm not seeing "gnome"...the first word that sprung to my mind was actually "cherub". I guess it *could* be considered a "creepy" cherub, though.  Laughing 

i had to google "cherub"...  Embarassed   Very Happy 

you appear to be on the button...
Quote :
"(plural cherubim /-bɪm/ or cherubs) a representation of a cherub in Western art, depicted as a chubby, healthy-looking child with wings."
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 20:00

Haha, glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy...! Gotta be my least fave album artwork from the boys.
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 21:18

Kim wrote:
Haha, glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy...! Gotta be my least fave album artwork from the boys.

its making me think, graveyard?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 11:48

mmm.
I was a little...underwhelmed?
Would love to know the story behind it, it might make more sense then...
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 12:14

Jones wrote:
mmm.
I was a little...underwhelmed?
Would love to know the story behind it, it might make more sense then...

agreed - but thankfully, its really all about the music!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 15:05

I'm just glad it's not Keep Calm and Carry On. Baby Weeping Angel is fine by me!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 07 Feb 2014, 23:10

Must admit, I like it.

Reminds me of Smiths covers (no bad thing), with a colour palette that links it to AITB. Musically speaking, Fly Boy Blue/Lunette put me in mind of early, early stuff so that sort of fits.

Though the connection to 6 foot tall angels - *cough* Guy's singing style *cough* - is completely coincidental, I'm sure!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Feb 2014, 13:01

while looking through old youtube clips of them playing red live, i came across the dermot oleary tb show they did back in 2001, with Black Sabbath cover... made me think that the new album would sound good with a heavy guitar from mark, something missing on the last two albums imho... i'd even love it if some of these new tracks would require guy to pickup the guitar when performing them on stage... although i suspect he likes his runway too much these days...
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014, 09:43

Just a heads up for US fans: you can now stream Fly Boy Blue/Lunette and New York Morning on Spotify. They show up as $1.29 tracks on the iTunes webpage.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Feb 2014, 19:46

ukkonen wrote:
Just a heads up for US fans: you can now stream Fly Boy Blue/Lunette and New York Morning on Spotify. They show up as $1.29 tracks on the iTunes webpage.

Good to know - thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Feb 2014, 22:54

Front cover of the new Q Magazine suggests its their best album yet?

Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 BhUT6HXCYAAFSlS
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Feb 2014, 21:22

Five stars from a Q review is none too shabby:

"... Topping even The Seldom Seen Kid, The Take Off...is the perfect expression yet of everything that is Elbow. As their best album to date, it will lift your heart and fill your soul. Those Northern hugs, it has to be suspected, will always be on offer. But this is the sound of a band throwing their arms around the world".

Buy the mag for that AND the selfies!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Feb 2014, 21:55

mrswoman wrote:
Five stars from a Q review is none too shabby:

"... Topping even The Seldom Seen Kid, The Take Off...is the perfect expression yet of everything that is Elbow. As their best album to date, it will lift your heart and fill your soul. Those Northern hugs, it has to be suspected, will always be on offer. But this is the sound of a band throwing their arms around the world".  

Buy the mag for that AND the selfies!  

I concur, buy the mag! Good interview, not a ground breaking interview as I think most people here would know what the silly room is etc...

We were just been discussing here, have Q ever said their front page artist's album wasn't very good? All the noises being made are positive, seems open arms opened their eyes to being pigeon holed into a sound... Interesting that for the first time some tunes aren't written by the whole band? Mark's honey sun sounds interesting, ditto Craig's real life (angel)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album Number 6 starts here...   Album Number 6 starts here... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album Number 6 starts here...
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next