elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow Graphics Project?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

Female Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Elbow Graphics Project? Empty
PostSubject: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 16:18

For my final project in Graphics we have to pick a band (or make our own) and design and make merchandise for them. C.D cases, clothes, badges, ipod covers, wristbands, calendars and that sort of stuff. I dont know whether to make my own band or do Elbow...
Hmmm what do you think?
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 17:49

Go for it! I think you could take some of the ideas involving their lyrics (just when it rains umbrella, deep warm drink hip flask) and really push it further! I bet everyone here could think of a few!

Or, y'know, just make your own logo for the band and stuff. You should definitely do elbow though, their band image is too good not to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 18:05

Yeh thats actually a really good idea, but I was thinking that if I did my own I wouldnt have a problem getting all the images I need... I can just take them myslf. But with Elbow there is only a limited number of photos and stuff so it could be hard. I dont suppose the Elboys wold fancy doing a little bit of modelling? Razz
Back to top Go down
Diaan
fallen angel
fallen angel
Diaan

Female Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 18:46

Officially released pressphoto's you can use freely as long as you mention the photograper. You could also search Flickr for photo's with a creative commons licence.
But who says you need photo's? I don't know your drawing skills, but maybe that's an idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dianabroeders.nl
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009, 21:48

Tailfly wrote:
Yeh thats actually a really good idea, but I was thinking that if I did my own I wouldnt have a problem getting all the images I need... I can just take them myslf. But with Elbow there is only a limited number of photos and stuff so it could be hard. I dont suppose the Elboys wold fancy doing a little bit of modelling? Razz

If they do can I be your assistant? Y'know make coffee ,get sandwiches, that kind of thing Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 18:42

lol! Sure ya can nellie! Razz
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 18:44

Thankyou cheers
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 19:00

LOL, I'd be a runner too!

There's almost 300 photos on Ning now, plus LWD uploaded some actual merch pics and a load of posters. They might get the cogs whirring maybe?

Here's some daft ideas
- a Puncture Repair kit-type tin containing bubble or chewing gum
- a branded tube of toothpicks (Picky B*stard/B*gger)
- some sweets in a medicine-like box (Lucky With Disease)
- One Day Like This calendar or diary...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 09:58

Oh well if we're playing this game... Wink

I've Got Your Number phonebook
Little Beast baby grow
Asleep in the Back travel pillow

.....guys? Anyone? Hello?
Back to top Go down
Tailfly
friend of ours
friend of ours
Tailfly

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 14:54

Haha, they really are great ideas guys! But I had a word with my graphics teacher and he says I wlll get much better marks for starting the whole band from scratch... which is a shame really. We should contact whoever sorts out Elbows mercandise and propose the ideas to them Razz
Thanks anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Graphics Project?   Elbow Graphics Project? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Graphics Project?
Page 1 of 1