elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Annoying Ads

Go down 
+17
Lesley Gilks
bluejayway
Hotblack
ChrissieInFL
ticky
WOBLEwoble
bluefield
mrswoman
fadeupyoursmile
ElbowFreak
heshofcheese
ChrissyBoy
Leo
Jones
TamedLamia
Dabamash
ferdalicious
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Annoying Ads - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009, 15:30

That does make me feel a little better! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 12:36

Maybe we need a special area just for the 40-something ladies in the house...and I would qualify as well! And as for those commercials...we've got some horrible ones here in the US that make me want to scream. All the calcium supplements and extra-fiber cereals and hair colors and "age-defying" makeup - give me a break! Mad
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 13:15

Ah! Adverts with 'made-up-science' to imbue their products with unbelievably brillaint results.

There was one a few years ago advertising something incorporating 'Boswelox'. I don't think it lasted too long. Sounded too much like 'bollocks' to be taken seriously. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 14:46

I dont have sky but have one of those freeview box things and any channel after about 11 at night outside of the regular five channels,no matter what 's on there seems to be endless adverts featuring the sort of girls who like to lol about on beds wearing only bikini's while making weird sort of kissing faces at the camera as they wait for me to give them a premium line call.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 16:55

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Maybe we need a special area just for the 40-something ladies in the house...and I would qualify as well! And as for those commercials...we've got some horrible ones here in the US that make me want to scream. All the calcium supplements and extra-fiber cereals and hair colors and "age-defying" makeup - give me a break! Mad

Good idea about the special area Chrissie for us ladies - WHAT TO CALL IT THOUGH ?? Question
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 16:57

ChrissieInFL wrote:

I like that idea! - Just how many 40-somethings are there in this forum?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 16:58

WOBLEwoble wrote:
ChrissieInFL wrote:

Good idea about the special area Chrissie for us ladies - WHAT TO CALL IT THOUGH ?? Question

Powder Grey?!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 17:01

BLUE RINSE ?
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 17:02

ticky wrote:
ChrissieInFL wrote:

I like that idea! - Just how many 40-somethings are there in this forum?

We'd soon find out !!!! queen
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 17:17

WOBLEwoble wrote:
ChrissieInFL wrote:

Menopause under Pressure......
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 19:25

Annoying Ads - Page 2 Roflma10 Annoying Ads - Page 2 Roflma10 Annoying Ads - Page 2 Roflma10 Annoying Ads - Page 2 Roflma10 Annoying Ads - Page 2 Roflma10 Oh man, you guys are cracking me up!!! So sorry I came into this conversation late! But if we're going to start a thread for the "mature" ladies around here, maybe this title would work...it acknowledges our excellent vintage while reminding everyone that we have a lot of good stuff left ahead of us...Grey Expectations! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 19:51

LOL - Best yet!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 19:55

Glad you like it...but regardless ofthe name, we should probably create another thread before we get in trouble for hijacking this one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:04

Okie doke
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:40

For all you over 40 blokes - I've just seen an ad for erectile disfunction - www.40over40.com.

I'm sitting with my 10 year old - try explaining that one!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:42

Now that we've gottne back to discussing annoying ads up in here...how about this? You guys won't know about Billy Mays, but he is a pitchman here in the States who is on every other ad you see on TV. Seriously, he will not go away! Looks like a werewolf, yells like a deranged drill sergeant, and sells ANYTHING you can think of. He's extremely annoying...and here he is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAE-r0fhiJE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:45

Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:47

ticky wrote:
CILLIT BANG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGooQ8yYC0c

Oh my God...that's AWFUL! Love it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:49

ticky wrote:
For all you over 40 blokes - I've just seen an ad for erectile disfunction - www.40over40.com.

I'm sitting with my 10 year old - try explaining that one!

OY!! .....some of us may be over forty and a little shall we say, rotund but that don't mean we can't still (ahem), rise to the occasion! Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 20:59

I'm not casting aspersions on your prowess! I just couldn't believe it when I saw the ad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaE6gT3aCwI

- so ChrissieFL knows what we're talking about!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 21:03

Thanks Ticky...we've got gobs of those ads here too, and they always make me wince!

heshofcheese wrote:
OY!! .....some of us may be over forty and a little shall we say, rotund but that don't mean we can't still (ahem), rise to the occasion!

Trust me, I think the more mature fellas have a real advantage over the youngsters...not to put too fine a point on it, but let's just say that even the kids can jump on the train, but only the men can finish the whole ride! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 21:05

As you have probably gathered. I have changed the name of this thread, seems like it's branched into a slightly different topic.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 21:09

Not sure which topic it is yet though, Dabamash...we seem to be rather schizo in here...but to get back on track, here's another annoying ad! You guys have the ShamWow over there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwRISkyV_B8
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009, 21:15

It might be an annoying ad, but I want a Sham Wow!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 01:35

ticky wrote:
It might be an annoying ad, but I want a Sham Wow!
Yes...yes you do! They are AWESOME!!! And Vince the Sham Wow guy is now part of our national pop culture and shows up everywhere. All hail the Sham Wow...
Annoying Ads - Page 2 Shamwow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Ads   Annoying Ads - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annoying Ads
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: