elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dream Setlist

Go down 
+10
Glendarian
Topaz
LongLegs
TamedLamia
heshofcheese
Jonny
Leo
lucky with disease
bluefield
Bloggs15
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Dream Setlist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Setlist   Dream Setlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 13:15

[quote="errant"]
lucky with disease wrote:
heshofcheese wrote:

They were playing George Lassoes the Moon and Don't mix your drinks also then, and sometimes About Time and The Crow, semi-acoustic, for radio or instore.

They played George Lassoes the Moon as a one off treat at the Shepherds Bush Empire gig in London back in late 2004... same night they debuted a working in progress they had called 'mexican standoff'...

Yeah Smile we did a poll vote on Powderblue forum before the gig, and I nearly fainted, but then literally jumped up, up and down with excitement, when they surprizingly opened with it.
Because I'd never seen it done live before and had only heard the Noisebox version, I then cheekily told Craig off later Embarassed Crying or Very sad (drink talking!) for not doing his lovely ending... as they played the single version, and then went straight onto the next song.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Dream Setlist   Dream Setlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 14:56

I was thinking about this the other night...it's tough to figure out how the Elboys would fit everything I want to hear into one show! I do want to see how most of the songs on BARB sound live, but I agree that if there were some songs from TSSK left out to make room for some older nuggets, that would be just delightful. I recognize that a good chunk of the crowds this time will be newer fans, and they may be converts that haven't seen TSSK done in a live setting yet, but still...I'd hate to see the earlier stuff ignored completely.
Back to top Go down
Moultyx
newborn
newborn
Moultyx

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Dream Setlist   Dream Setlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 16:50

Pearl Jam do this mini acoustic couple of songs to kick off their gigs sometimes. As it's a dream set list, I've asked Guy to do the same kind of thing and, betchabygollywow, he said yes...in my head.

Switching Off
Lippy Kids
Puncture Repair
Scattered Black and Whites

Station Approach
Fallen Angel
Some Riot
Powder Blue
Mirrorball
Grounds For Divorce
Fugitive Motel
Loneliness of a Tower Crane Driver