elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Frusciante (and RHCP)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

John Frusciante (and RHCP) Empty
PostSubject: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 23:34

Frusciante is the guitarist who means the most to me. He is THE master of harmony, and probably the master of the modern guitar solo as well.

If im brutally honest, I dont think i could listen to ANY music without the existence of John; because he provides something else - something different which I can not only comfort in, but also be inspired by.

For me - he is a musical GENIUS; a God. The man has produced some of the finest music of the last 30 years (Yup, 30!) and I find him very special.

Now, enough hero worship... DISCUSS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2008, 23:53

well he can play that guitar, that is for sure
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 03:05

I was once like you Very Happy The Chilis were one of the first bands I got utterly obsessed with in me early teens. I still have a lot of respect and love for them! My first gig was seeing them in Hyde Park at the very show that became their live album. I think they're great, though I've since discovered too many incredible musicians from the last century to worship them as heroes as I once did.

But from a simple mindset, I agree that they are wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 21:28

I would have loved to be at that gig Jonny.

I also love Frusciante's solo work. Agree?
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008, 09:00

Hate them. How about you try something that doesn't sound like every other song you ever made, eh?
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008, 16:26

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
Hate them. How about you try something that doesn't sound like every other song you ever made, eh?

You mean RHCP?

Well, ok then, let's go the long way round...

For me, (if we go through their 'famous' albums') wwe start with Mothers' milk, which is when RHCp are at their most funky - just full on FUNK

Then you have Blood Sugar Sex Magik, which is still funkalicious, but also has other elements. You have two more acousticy songs in Breaking the Girl, and I could have lied. Also, the percussion section in Breaking the Girl shows diversity.

Then have californication, where they make the transition between funk-punk type stuff, and their newer, softer stuff. Its the transition album really. and most songs on the album sound different to each other.

By the Way is their softest album - and includes songs and ideas that had never been heard done before by the Chilies. They also used synths and orchestral parts for the first time on this album

Stadium Arcadium kind of sums up their entire career. Songs have a funk vibe to them, but are toned down often, and still include synth parts, and more melodic, simple cleaner guitar parts. There are also more 'rock' songs on the album, like Readymade for example.

So really, no, not at all have they just writen the same songa over and over again for the lasy 20 years. Certainly theyre similar, but most elbow songs are similar, in that, we can tell that it is infact elbow. Also, Frusciante's solo work is "similar" to RHCP stuff, but noway is it the same.

If youre talking bout blatent rip-offs of a bands own songs, listen to the Scouting For Girls album, and then wipe your arse with it - load of old... *Bleep Machine*
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 18:49

Misspelt Yoof wrote:

A hilariously naive comment, that one. I lol'd.

Yeah, Jon's solo work is class. I love 'Shadows Collide With People' the best. Copious amounts of agreeable mellotron Very Happy Not to mention melodies arguably better than any of Anthony's...
Back to top Go down
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitimeMon 05 Jan 2009, 13:37

Exactly Jonny Smile

Have you heard the one song released from John's new solo album? Here it is anyway: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oRp1G8Po3tM

And, appparently, Jonny Marr (The Smiths, for all you numnuts out there) is working with him on it aswell Very Happy:D:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Frusciante (and RHCP)   John Frusciante (and RHCP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Frusciante (and RHCP)
Page 1 of 1