elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!

Go down 
+12
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
thisismusic
Topaz
lucky with disease
lapitu
Grant
Glendarian
josephblack
Jones
TamedLamia
ElbowFreak
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Robeman
little beast
little beast
Robeman

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 14:53

ElbowFreak wrote:

Btw. again to the band: I was the girl with the green glasses in the 3rd row!
And now the BEST thing!!!! Guy shook my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Before the break he started to shake hands in the first rows and I streched myself!! Jeez, how charming he is!!! Shook my hand, smiled and nodded (and probably thought again, how crazy some fans are! *LOL*). I doesn't matter to me!!! Ask Manu... while driving home I always repeated the same "he shook my hand!!!" Just for the record - I washed it meanwhile! Smile
Like I said before, I need some time... when I collected myself again, I am writing more.
I probably forget some.... but anyway I was the BEST concert I have ever been too!!!!!

Damn, it's like when I read reviews like this I hate myself for never having gone to one of their shows....

Never the less, happy that you had a great time EF! Wink
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 16:55

Robeman wrote:
ElbowFreak wrote:

Btw. again to the band: I was the girl with the green glasses in the 3rd row!
And now the BEST thing!!!! Guy shook my hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Before the break he started to shake hands in the first rows and I streched myself!! Jeez, how charming he is!!! Shook my hand, smiled and nodded (and probably thought again, how crazy some fans are! *LOL*). I doesn't matter to me!!! Ask Manu... while driving home I always repeated the same "he shook my hand!!!" Just for the record - I washed it meanwhile! Smile
Like I said before, I need some time... when I collected myself again, I am writing more.
I probably forget some.... but anyway I was the BEST concert I have ever been too!!!!!

Damn, it's like when I read reviews like this I hate myself for never having gone to one of their shows....

Never the less, happy that you had a great time EF! Wink

PLEASE, GO!!! I've been to a few concerts but that was definitly the best one!!! Even if Guy wouldn't have shook my hand! I love you
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 19:44

Ok, folks
Photoes of the Cologne Concert

click it to enlarge it...

Jesca Hoop

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Jescahoopkln02ef2.th Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Jescahoopkln01vi1.th

Elbow
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow01gs0.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow02kk6.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow03dc7.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow04pj7.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow05ne1.th
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 20:06

Berlin:

I went there with my mom, she likes Elbow too.
The Columbia Club gets sometimes mixed with the Columbia Halle, so while we were waiting again and again were folks coming who did not look like Elbow Fans (way too 9 to 5 folks). They wanted to see Rosenstolz. Strange enough, that Rosenstolz are ripping off Coldplay from time to time, their song "Ich will mich verlieben" sounds a lot like "In my place" but the vocals are quite boring...

Anyway. Mom and I got first row.
Unfortunately there was a big gap before the stage and I thought "Hey, we are not here at Bon Jovi!!"
It seemed that Jesca had problems with her voice that day, she had to cough a few times and mom thinks she looked like she had pain during singing. But still she sounded great and mom liked her very much.
Then during the first three songs of Elbow I knew why the gap was there: for the professional photographers. Sometimes I think, concert photographers shouldn't be taller than 5'3'' Rolling Eyes At least one of the females was short enough and with their huge cameras they get close enough even from frog perspective...
It spoiled a bit the mood for me to have those hectical folks before me while Elbow was playing dreamy songs like "Mirrorball". I wonder if I ever see some of those photoes somewhere...
Anyway. The audience was frenetic and if there wouldn't have been that gap Guy might have shaken some hands again, I'm sure.
Sometimes I almost worried he would fall off his chair during Newborn because he was so extatic.
Mom said, the young man beside me cried during "Towercrane"
Well, how was that thing I once read somewhere in the web: Franz Ferdinand make the girls dance, Elbow makes men cry...
Guy had again some little running singing gag, he crooned "I love Berlin in November..." and asked us to sing as a reply "How about you?"
Also he said, how happy he was about Obama winning and joked, if Obama does not make it right he will call him:
"Hello, Obama? It's Guy from E....hello???" lol!
Again before "Weather to Fly" they had a little drink and Guy was joking with the male roadie calling him "beautiful Michelle" Very Happy
After the concert I went to the backstage door but the security man did not know anything about me being on a guest list... confused
But my mom wanted to go home anyway so I kept on hoping, that I might catch Pete or some roadie at Hamburg...

Not much pictures of the Berlin-Gig because of the gap...
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowdf1.th
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 20:11

Great reading, thanks TL Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 20:14

Hey TL! I would have gone nuts if those "Pressetypen" would have been in Munich! I guess we see those pics in the next Music Express or Rolling Stone! I'll have a look anyways!

But it seems like you've had a great time and a cool mom!! Smile
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 20:37

PS to Berlin
The Bus was inside a carpark and there would have been no chance to get close to it. I am really glad, that I have been in Cologne and Hamburg because if there would have been only Berlin for me I might have been a bit disappointed...

Anyway.
Hamburg

When I arrived there I watched out for the "Übel und Gefährlich". Then I saw the Bus beside a huge spooky looking building which must have been a bunker Shocked
When I got closer I saw, that the Bus wasn't behind a barrier and when I went closer I saw the Lightgirl Kate coming. I asked her about Pete putting me on the guestlist and she said she will ask.
I followed her to watch where she will go and saw her disappear in a huge foyer with lots of music stores!
I waited and waited...then I asked the staff at the music store where the "Übel and Gefährlich" is. He said "4th floor"
I went up with the lift and there it was behind a glass door. An unspectacular metal door where soundcheck noises were coming from.
I waited a while, then a woman came out and asked me if I am the woman who asked for the guest list
She told me, it was in fact a misunderstanding, Pete just wanted to be sure, that I can see the concert. I asked a bit sad, that I thought I could meet the band. She said, the band will come to the bar after the gig.
So I thought "well, that's ok at least" and went for dinner.
When I came back some people were waiting yet. Then we could get in and in the lift the lift operator gave us some riddle about Elbow:
Where are Elbow coming from?
I anwered at once: "Manchester! Strictly speaking BURY"
What was the name of the band before they were Elbow?
Again at once: "Soft or Mr. Soft"
Someone was joking "Let us answer too..."
Next Question: Since WHEN Elbow are named Elbow?
I did not know but neither the others...
The Lift arrived and like the saying "the last will be the first" I was the first out of the lift and again...
First Row... Very Happy This time again without gap.
I talked with a young Thai studying in Rostock and beeing in Hamburg for research.
And "Evil Pixie" and his Girlfriend(?) were there. They have been in Berlin too but weren't sure if it is me.

The Concert:
Jesca was a lot better this day and she had a different hairstyle, maybe even a new haircut?!
The audience was not that wild like in Berlin but maybe that's the cool hanseatics.
Again before "Weather to Fly" a bunch of drinks from "Beautiful Michelle"
This time Guy asked the audience to do a Mexican Wave and asked a young man to film it
(you can see it in one of the posts...)
Guy pointed at me during Station Approach "you little sod I love your eyes!" I love you

And then I waited for the band to come to the bar. The room was still quite crowded and I thought: "If they come now it won't be easy to talk to them...."
But there the staff lady came and said to me, that the band will leave early and that I can go for 10 Minutes BACKSTAGE!! affraid cheers

And that was the absolute highlight on that concert tour, I could talk with the Elboys, they were so nice and friendly, Guy asked about my health and when I told him about my hobby singing chansons and gave as an example for my music style Noel Coward, he started to sing "The bar at the Piccolo Marina" Very Happy
Then we went together out of the backstage and there was still a couple, the man was the "mexican wave"-Filmer...They got a hug from Guy and a photo and after we had to leave the band we three went to the next bistro and had some beer and talked about that concert.

Photoes will follow later, I have to edit them a bit, they are a bit dark...
stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 21:26

ElbowFreak wrote:
I guess we see those pics in the next Music Express or Rolling Stone!
Well, let's hope for the Music Express because I subscribed it...

I forgot something important!
In Hamburg Guy jumped off stage and sang inside the audience!
And before Newborn he read from a paper a german translation of "There's a hole in the neighborhood" "Es gibt ein Loch in der Nachbarschaft"
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowspickzettelyk0.th Very Happy

Well, and here are the photoes of the concert:
Jesca Hoop
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Jescahoop03ih3.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Jescahoop02tz9.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Jescahoop01zm7.th

Elbow
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowstarlings02pe0.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowstarlings01re4.th
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowthebones01abb5.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowthebones02hh5.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowthebones03qq1.th
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow06bs6.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow05uo5.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow03es7.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow02yp9.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbow01alf5.th
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Elbowbadinmengevz6.th

and here the backstage... Party!
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Backstage04akl3.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Backstage03asr8.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Backstage02amt2.thGermany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Backstage01aad0.th

Phew. I think that's all. If I recall anything more I add it... Smile
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 22:21

Oh boy, nice pictures. I've been in the Backstage and you've been backstage! lol!

Really nice story. Can't wait till they are coming back!!!
Back to top Go down
Robeman
little beast
little beast
Robeman

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 08:36

Ahh... looks like you had a great time TL Smile So nice of the lads (and the staff lady )to let you guys come backstage and all, true gents!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 08:55

And I forgot something really funny in Hamburg!!
Someone threw UNDERWEAR onstage! (was not me!!) The first one (small and black) was removed silently by one of the Roadies and the second one (white with some dots) was picked up by -was it Mark or Pete??- after "Weather to Fly" I think and handed to Guy who jerked "shocked" and stuffed it in his jeanspocket... lol!
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2008, 16:20

Hi TL. I'm pleased we managed to spot you at Hamburg and you got to go backstage to meet Jesca and the Elboys. It was a great gig and everybody looks so happy in the pictures. It was really good of them to come out and get you.

One thing I didn't realise though was that you could see the Alps from Hamburg, even from the very top of that huge concrete WWII bunker Very Happy That was one scary building! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3