elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!

Go down 
+12
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
thisismusic
Topaz
lucky with disease
lapitu
Grant
Glendarian
josephblack
Jones
TamedLamia
ElbowFreak
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2008, 17:05

You're welcome.

You know what my boyfriend said about those??? "Is that the singer? Erm, Ok... all pics from the singer???" lol!

Yeah, why not! And the other lads always stood in the dark!

Reading the stuff I wrote, I sound like a teeneger! :-) But to be honest, I felt like one! 5 minutes before the beginning of the concert I was giggling around and pretty nervous. It was so strange!

But I am still on cloud Elbow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2008, 18:22

I know the feeling well. I think you're in good company. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2008, 20:40

Ah, nice pictures Smile
I hope this does not make you jealous, but Guy kissed my hand during "One day like this" Party!

I might upload some photoes when I'm back from the other two gigs...
And reviews will follow then too...

@ ElbowFreak, could you please text or send me the full answer of Guy about the last dream...? It sounds very moving!
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2008, 22:23

TL: aaaahhhhh!!!!! Nope, I am not jelous!!! *LOL*

Answer is here:
What's the last dream you remember? - Elli, Germany.

I had a horrible dream the other night. It was the day before I was on the Andrew Marr Show with the Prime Minister, so I was a bit anxious. And I had a dream that my girlfriend, Emma, was going to marry an older man for his money. They had an arrangement where I would stay on as her live-in lover, but he was going to consumate the marriage. So in my dream I'm saying, I'm sorry I can't do this, and I had to leave the woman I love. It was horrible and really gothic.

I was stirring and when I woke Emma asked what the matter was. I explained the dream to her, and how she'd married a man because of his money. And she pondered the scenario and said "Hmmm, did he have a swimming pool and cats?" I thinkshe thought it might not be a bad idea...

I thought the same, and women can be so mean! Wink I guess I would have said the same. *LOL*
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 18:00

When you come back TL, tell us how Jupp and Pete are managing with their injuries. Question
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 18:10

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Saw it at the moblog. Pete can't walk probably. He had the problem on Monday... But Jupp with his hand... looks hurtful!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 18:24

ElbowFreak wrote:
looks hurtful!

Hurtful or painful?
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 22:19

Dabamash wrote:
ElbowFreak wrote:
looks hurtful!

Hurtful or painful?

Ok, painful... but you knew what I wanted to say! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 08 Nov 2008, 22:23

I know lol, just making sure.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 13:20

@TamedLamie

Where ARE YOU????? Can't wait to read how it was. And I am dying for pictures!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 16:05

Just arrived home. I still can not believe it, I was in Hamburg BACKSTAGE!! Party! Never thought it would happen, but I was allowed to meet the band...I'm so friggin' HAPPY!! cheers
Photos will follow soon...promised!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 17:19

Nice one TL!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 17:46

You can see me and Guy and Jesca Hoop on the Moblog cheers
And I wondered how serious Guy was, when he called me his "little mate" in one of his radioshows...now I know he really meant it!! I love you

Here a little appetizer...
This is in Cologne during "Newborn"
Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Elbow010
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 18:58

Looking forward to hearing more, TL Smile
Did you get a setlist?

How did Jupp manage with his injured hand?
Did you find out how he did it?
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 19:12

I have a setlist from Hamburg, I think it's the same like in Berlin, only in Cologne was Forget Myself instead of Mexican Standoff

Starlings
Bones of you
Mirror Ball
Leaders of the Free world
Towercrane driver
Great Expectations
The Stops
Mexican Standoff
Grounds for Divorce
Newborn
Weather to Fly
One day like this

Encore:
Some Riot
Station Approach
Scattered Black and Whites

I did not notice that Jupp was injured until Guy informed the audience of it! Means, that Jupp still played f**ing great!! Shocked
How he catched that bad cuts? Guy was telling a story that he helped a little lady against some evil blokes. But then he noted as another version something like opening a bottle with the table... affraid
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 19:14

Aaaaah TL! You are soooo lucky. *jelous*
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 09 Nov 2008, 19:56

How the hell did Jupp hurt his hand anyway?
Back to top Go down
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Nov 2008, 20:46

Jupp hurt his hand tackling a gang of granny muggers, although there's a vicious rumour that it happened while trying to open a beer bottle! Whatever the real explanation, Jupp is a real hero for continuing the tour as it must hurt like hell.

p.s. Check out the Mexican wave from the Hamburg gig
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 19:25

hey, evilpixie.

Who did this video??? Nice one! *LOL*
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 19:30

The video was done by a nice portugesian from Hamburg who was there with his girlfriend. Those both also got a hug by Guy after the concert. And I talked with them a while.
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 19:33

Hey TL, finally you're back!!! *welcomebackhug*
Tell us everything about your great experience!!! I am just courious!!!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Nov 2008, 20:40

Ok, here my story:
Cologne:
I arrived about 17 o'clock at the Luxor and saw that the tour bus was parked directly before the club at the side of the road. And beside the Luxor was a nice little Indian Bistro. So I could have supper and watch the bus. But no one of the band showed up. Well, after having some lamb with peppermint sauce and a Wine I went back to the club door where some young man was waiting. He said he had talked to one of the band yet.
While we were waiting CRAIG came to do a mobile phone call just a few steps away from us Cool
And then Pete, Jupp and Mark came and after Craig ended his phonecall they WENT TO THE INDIAN BISTRO! affraid Very Happy
But before that I could catch an autograph by Pete.
From inside the Luxor I heard the soundcheck, Guy and Jesca were testing their duet.
When we could get in I got with a bit help from the young man and a girl I talked before a place in the first row.
The concert:
Jesca was very nice, I liked her music, pity too much people in the back were talking. The duet with Guy was lovely.
Then Elbow came. Guy was in good mood, one time he almost tumbled because he balanced jaunty on one leg Shocked
He joked with the audience and sung between one of the songs some kinda Cole Porterish stuff "...isn't it delightful..."
The light show was beautiful
Guy dedicated "Mirrorball" to Barack Obama and all who elected him . Great Expectations he dedicated to Pete's parents who were in the audience on this day!
During "Forget myself" Guy grinned at me. I am not sure when he shook the hands of the first row people, but it was during "One day like this" when he did the following:
"When my face is chamois creased"...he made a funny crumpled face to me
"If you think I wink I did" ...he winked at me
"Kiss me when my lips are thin"...he took my hand and KISSED IT Shocked I love you

"Weather to fly" was accoustic first after the band had a little drink then they played the full song
"Newborn" was as ever lovely, (I recognise it at once when Guy takes the acoustic guitar with the capo on Very Happy ) and the ending extatic. Before Newborn Guy said, that he read some bloke writing, Elbow would be "middleaged", then he made a funny face and growled: "Something I couldn't care lesss!!!"
The young man I talked on the door with said he wishes that they play "Some riot" And they did.
It was very moving
Well, what was too...? Setlist I wrote before,
after the concert I waited for the musicians and then Pete came. I talked a bit with him and told him that I will be in Berlin and Hamburg too. He said he would put me on the guest list, which I thought would mean "Backstage"...but I was not sure and thought "let's see"

to be continued...
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 05:47

Very Happy That sounds like a great, unforgettable night!!! So nice!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 08:59

If I find the time I will tell this evening about the Berlin concert and maybe the highlight evening in Hamburg. And I will upload the other photoes...

So stay tuned... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2008, 10:09

TamedLamia wrote:
but it was during "One day like this" when he did the following:
"When my face is chamois creased"...he made a funny crumpled face to me
"If you think I wink I did" ...he winked at me
"Kiss me when my lips are thin"...he took my hand and KISSED IT Shocked I love you

Laughing lovely story so far, TL, I must admit if that happened to me, I'd like 'One Day Like This' as a song a whole lot more too!! Shocked

I last had a moment similar, during a concert, but not like that, in Portsmouth a few years ago when I was laughing on 'I leaned on you today...' as Guy acted out with his walking stick that he had with him (another injury)
...I think I've been to too many concerts now Suspect Neutral

Craig waved at me when they came on stage at the Hydro- Connect Festival in Scotland this year Very Happy

TamedLamia wrote:

He said he would put me on the guest list, which I thought would mean "Backstage"...but I was not sure and thought "let's see"

...a similar thing happened to me when seeing them in Newcastle, I had bought my ticket when I took my nephew, but it was just for the concert, I managed to get his ticket signed for him though Smile

Looking forward to hearing the rest Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!   Germany welcomes Elbow!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Germany welcomes Elbow!!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next