elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your next gig?

Go down 
+77
Carl0sAlbert0
Cestriansteve
fragrant_monkey
seamiedev
emma
The Final Track
Audrey
@MrIanGibson
blumoon
Space_dementia
NeonChoir
Project571
allyngibson
HattyMarris
AyannaD
errant
thisismusic
leespoons
Mr Woman
yesman
neil68
oneofthethree
Mollyb
Skeletor
Kim
redliz2
calypso
Glendarian
bluefield
hilaryg
Mr_K
Tailfly
sundaygirl
mrswoman
Lynne
moz
Lesley Gilks
Diaan
WOBLEwoble
Eag
ChrisMcW
Hotblack
ticky
sparky
Lillybef
bluejayway
nikkijaydee
takemeanywhere
Prestwich Red 143
fecklessson7
ChrissieInFL
Dr Evil
heshofcheese
My Bury Vest
TamedLamia
Stockhaus
nellie
ferdalicious
MagicalTrevor
Topaz
SmilinSkullRing
LongLegs
Emma G
Robeman
chan
Ted
Dikky
Jonny
Jones
ElbowFreak
fadeupyoursmile
al
Leo
Grant
Dabamash
evilpixie
Misspelt Yoof
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Your next gig? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2009, 19:59

bluejayway wrote:
I'm really hoping to see John Bramwell at the Tower (that sounds very fairy tale-ish), Winchester, in May. Then maybe Seal, Bournemouth and Madness, Broadlands. Depends if my friends and/or family are free. Ohhhh and if Kasabian are doing any gigs down south then I hope to got to that too.

Saw John Bramwell on Saturday night in the Boro. He was on great form. Had a bit of a chat to him before and after. Great laugh. And tiny!!! Could have popped him on my pocket and taken him home!!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 15:42

Jonny wrote:
TamedLamia wrote:
If anything goes well my next concert will be the Genesis-Fanclub-Meeting starring Steve Hackett! Very Happy

*starry eyes* Very Happy

Concert was very cool, Steve on acoustic guitar, his brother John on flute and Roger King, a keyboarder. Played also some Genesis-Snippets.

And if anything goes again well my next gig might be a Genesis-Coverband quite near the flat of my parents... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Mar 2009, 19:27

sparky wrote:
I may (or may not) be watching The Acorn at the Ruby Lounge on May 3rd
Seetickets took my order but then sent a message saying they hadn't enough tickets to fulfil the order.
Then I received an order confirmation!

I queried it but at this stage I don't know whether I'm going or not (or if they have charged me)

I'm definitely going to Doves at Delamere on 13th June tho', the tickets are in my desk
The guys at seetickets got back to me today. (pretty good customers service it has to be said)

They are dispatching my tickets today so it looks like my next gig is definitely The Acorn at the Ruby Lounge
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 11:04

Just got tickets for Kasabian in June at the academy. The day after we get back from Glastonbury
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 11:18

Cheers bettyblue, didn't even know Kasabian were touring, just bagged 4 myself at the Academy. A band I've never got round to seeing live, looks like thats all about to change !!

Am sure you'll be wide awake and bright eyed and bushy tailed after a weekend ion Glasto !
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 11:29

Glad my post was of some use.
Kasabian are superb live, and if their new tune is anything to go by these gigs will rock.

Maybe see you there Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 11:36

Nice one, BB, seem them countless times on TV live, looks mental, a bit like my youthful days in the Oasis moshpits when I was very young......I always love to hear what Tom and Serge come out with before an album release, their one liners always make me chuckle. Heard Vlad The Impaler literally once this morning, so a bit early to make a judgement, sounds nowt like anything else they've done though. They're in South Africa at the mo, filming for the video after Vlad.........top one.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2009, 20:23

Quote :
Saw John Bramwell on Saturday night in the Boro. He was on great form. Had a bit of a chat to him before and after. Great laugh. And tiny!!! Could have popped him on my pocket and taken him home!!

Wow! Your so lucky. I would love to have a chat with John and I'm kinda glad that he's short, 'cause I'm tiny too and it would be nice to have eye contact during a conversation for once Razz I'm just waiting for my Dad to book 'em. I've made an promise that if we go it'll be the last gig before my A/S exams Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 19:04

Going to see Peatbog Faeries in Cardiff in a few weeks - Scottish traditional/punk music (bagpipes etc) with a hint of funk and Hawaiian - sounds weird, but they're great.
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 20:43

ticky wrote:
Going to see Peatbog Faeries in Cardiff in a few weeks - Scottish traditional/punk music (bagpipes etc) with a hint of funk and Hawaiian - sounds weird, but they're great.

The Peatbogs are great. If you like them try Shooglenifty. Another great band in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 20:47

bluejayway wrote:
Quote :

Wow! Your so lucky. I would love to have a chat with John and I'm kinda glad that he's short, 'cause I'm tiny too and it would be nice to have eye contact during a conversation for once Razz I'm just waiting for my Dad to book 'em. I've made an promise that if we go it'll be the last gig before my A/S exams Crying or Very sad

I haven't seen him in years but I used to knock around with Brammy when I was a kid. There were four of us used to hang about together in our early teens listening to records and stuff.

I'll be seeing him in May when he plays in Winchester.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 06:25

Hotblack wrote:
ticky wrote:

The Peatbogs are great. If you like them try Shooglenifty. Another great band in the same vein.

Will do!
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 08:19

I haven't kept up with them lately but 'Venus In Tweeds', 'A Whisky Kiss' and 'Solar Shears' are all recommended albums.
Back to top Go down
ChrisMcW
fallen angel
fallen angel
ChrisMcW

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 13:11

I've Doves and Gomez in the next few weeks!
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 13:14

i was thinking of going and watch The Sounds play yesterday but i forgot all about it Sad
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 22:00

Dave Matthews Band, 26th June.

My primary musical tastes seem to be half Manc soul-searching and half sax solos (oh, and banjos)... DMB are pretty much unknown here but big in the US, making them nice and easy to follow without being a mainstream sheep Smile
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Apr 2009, 20:44

Yayyyyy! I'm seeing the sublime Kasabian at Southampton Guildhall, July 2nd. I found out on various ticket sites that it was sold out. I then went to see how much those blasted touts were selling them for and I became rather angry (tbh all touts should in fact die.) Anyway.....ah yes, today I decided to go to the Guildhall anyway, I was determined and desperate, and it turns out that a little earlier someone had returned their tickets and I luckily grabbed the last two. Very Happy Seriously can't wait, I hear they're fab live.

Last edited by bluejayway on Sun 05 Apr 2009, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 13:05

I'm delighted you got that lucky break - touts are the scum of the earth!
Also, you heard right: Kasabian are amazing live!
Enjoy! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 13:37

Cheers Jones, I will. Smile
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 16:01

frightened rabbit next weeeek Very Happy Jones, did you go see them?
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 16:31

No, unfortunately I had to go to a wake that night.
No-one close to me but I still had to go and pay my respects.
Here's hoping they might come back sometime soon (Frightened Rabbit I mean, not my colleague's Dad...)
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Apr 2009, 17:19

Oh, I'm sorry! They'll probably be round yonder parts soon enough, they seem to prefer anywhere but the south of England Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 14:51

Eag wrote:
Dave Matthews Band, 26th June.

My primary musical tastes seem to be half Manc soul-searching and half sax solos (oh, and banjos)... DMB are pretty much unknown here but big in the US, making them nice and easy to follow without being a mainstream sheep Smile

Wow, DMB might be on my upcoming gig list too, about a week after I see Elbow in Atlanta! Don't know how big a DMB fan you are, but this will be my first show without LeRoi since I started listening to them about a hundred years ago, which is kinda sad and I wonder how they'll sound without him. You mentioned,sax solos - I'm sure you'd agree that his sax solos (and his other horn work) really were something else and he's leaving a big hole for someone else to fill.

Your observation about their lowly status in the UK is like the exact opposite of the problem I have with Elbow - they are under the radar in the US but huge in the UK. So as a US Elbow fan, maybe I can get an exemption from the mainstream sheep thing, even though I also like DMB? Laughing
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 15:37

The Leisure Society on Friday
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Apr 2009, 19:42

Chrissie - of course you're exempt! Good commitment: Elbow are used to cult status over here let alone across the pond Smile

I think I'll go make a thread in the "Other bands" forum and reply to the rest of your post there Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your next gig?
Page 4 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: