elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your next gig?

Go down 
+77
Carl0sAlbert0
Cestriansteve
fragrant_monkey
seamiedev
emma
The Final Track
Audrey
@MrIanGibson
blumoon
Space_dementia
NeonChoir
Project571
allyngibson
HattyMarris
AyannaD
errant
thisismusic
leespoons
Mr Woman
yesman
neil68
oneofthethree
Mollyb
Skeletor
Kim
redliz2
calypso
Glendarian
bluefield
hilaryg
Mr_K
Tailfly
sundaygirl
mrswoman
Lynne
moz
Lesley Gilks
Diaan
WOBLEwoble
Eag
ChrisMcW
Hotblack
ticky
sparky
Lillybef
bluejayway
nikkijaydee
takemeanywhere
Prestwich Red 143
fecklessson7
ChrissieInFL
Dr Evil
heshofcheese
My Bury Vest
TamedLamia
Stockhaus
nellie
ferdalicious
MagicalTrevor
Topaz
SmilinSkullRing
LongLegs
Emma G
Robeman
chan
Ted
Dikky
Jonny
Jones
ElbowFreak
fadeupyoursmile
al
Leo
Grant
Dabamash
evilpixie
Misspelt Yoof
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Your next gig? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2015, 12:10

Pink Floyd tribute, Manc Floyd @ Bury Met on January 17

Great little venue !
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jan 2015, 14:19

Got two shows to look forward to in April - we'll be seeing The Who on their 50th(!!) anniversary tour. Not expecting too much from them at this point, but my daughter really wants to go since she's never seen them, so we stumped up for tickets and we'll hope for the best. Then I'm headed to Orlando to see Wilco, one of my favorite live bands ever. Never had a bad show from them yet and I'd imagine this show will kick ass as well!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015, 19:30

Elbow on the 12th! Can't wait listening to Craig's teasers on Twitter. Nick Mulvey at the Roundhouse, London in March, well worth a listen if you get a chance and mesmerising live. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2015, 12:21

Elbow in Manchester next week Beer , with Turin Brakes, Blossoms and Gigantic Indie All Dayer in Manchester in the bag aswell !
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Feb 2015, 21:34

Turin Brakes @ Hebden Bridge Trades Club this Saturday ; a wonderful place, holds just 190 people and the staff there are so friendly ; the town beautiful too.

Advise anyone in Lancs/Yorks to check it out ; seen Inspiral Carpets and Jimi Goodwin there.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2015, 12:56

Off to see Jimi Goodwin at Manchester Roadhouse tonight.

Always a splendid evening !
Back to top Go down
Nancy
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2015, 16:27

Here are some reviews of past concerts:

Fleetwood Mac - June 6 – Antwerp Sportspalace
I saw them 2 years ago but this  time the band was complete with Christine Mc Vie  joining them on stage. So we got some songs we didn’t hear last time, the ones where she does the vocals like ‘You Make Loving Fun’, ‘Say You Love Me’ , ‘Little Lies’, ‘Everywhere’… 1/3 of the set were songs from that great album ‘Rumours’.  Stevie Nicks’s voice was much better then last time. She told a story about where she got the inspiration from for the song ‘Gypsy’. Before starting ‘Big Love’ Lindsay Buckingham said althought their history is ‘well documented’ he wanted to say something about how the 1987 album ‘Tango In The Night’  was a turning point for him and Fleetwood Mac. He said before that time they lived like they thought Rockstars had to live (probably referring to their drug lifestyle). He did the production for that album but then left Fleetwood Mac and returned to writing for his solo-album. He also demonstrated during the show what a great guitar player he is. It was great to see them and hearing all those classics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtibJ2sixSM

Pinkpop – June 13 – Holland
We arrived at Landgraaf at 6pm and waited in the car until the predicted storm was over. Luckily we had no rain anymore , the weather in the evening was perfect.
I decided to go to the first day of this festival because two of my favorite bands were playing and the festival is near Belgium.
First Elbow played a one hour set. They played 4 songs of their latest album, an oldie and then of course the public favorites ‘Lippy Kids’, ‘One day Like This’ and ‘Grounds For Divorce’. I was standing in the front section, view was not that perfect because of all the heads before me but it was nice to stand among the fans and sing along. The band was in great form and Guy was singing pefectly as always. I noticed again that Elbow attracts an older public. But then again festivals are not only for young people anymore. I think festival organisers realize that too, there are all those bands that reunite and then there acts like Patti Smith, Robert Plant, The Who,… Anyway enjoyed Elbow’s set, here’s a video from yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_qMShoL0aM

Matt Bellamy and new girlfriend were also watching Elbow.  Muse startet at 10.15 pm and did a 1h45 set approx. I stayed in the front section which was of course quickly filled. Although the ‘Drones’ album is just out, people already were much into the new songs. During ‘Mercy’ which is one my favs of the album they shot colorod ribbons and paper over the audience. And there were also huge balls at one point. But overall much less ‘show’ and more emphasis on the music and that’s alright I think because that’s what it’s all about. It was a powerfull, loud show with only ‘Apocalypse Please’ from ‘Absolution’ as a slow/’quiet’ break. They had to re-do ‘Madness’ because the bass was not rightly tuned. But I was happy they played that song, it’s the best from ‘The 2nd Law’ album. The setlist was Top-Notch ! Can’t wait to see both Elbow and Muse @ Rock Werchter in 2 weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCT1MlNa30I

NEXT: Daniel Lanois in Antwerp and Rock Werchter.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2015, 22:44

Richard Hawley - Albert Hall, Manchester, Nov 2.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov 2015, 01:42

John grant, last night at Apollo, Hammersmith, thoroughly enjoyed. Everything Everything 17th Nov at Cambridge. Foals birmingham in Feb, guy garvey in birmingham next month. Grimes in March to accompany my 15 year old daughter.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2015, 11:05

Courtney Barnett - Nov 30 Manchester Ritz

Guy Garvey - Dec 4 Manchester Albert Halls

Chameleons Vox - Dec 19 Manchester Academy 2

Father John Misty - May Manchester Albert Halls

That's that as it stands....
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Dec 2015, 16:00

Have seen Maserati on 19th Nov. and our Guy on 28th Nov.
Next gig (if there will be any news before) will be Tame Impala in February
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Feb 2017, 18:16

These Smiths - Tribute bad, obvs. Ruby Lounge, Manchester on Friday this week !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your next gig?
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: