elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your next gig?

Go down 
+77
Carl0sAlbert0
Cestriansteve
fragrant_monkey
seamiedev
emma
The Final Track
Audrey
@MrIanGibson
blumoon
Space_dementia
NeonChoir
Project571
allyngibson
HattyMarris
AyannaD
errant
thisismusic
leespoons
Mr Woman
yesman
neil68
oneofthethree
Mollyb
Skeletor
Kim
redliz2
calypso
Glendarian
bluefield
hilaryg
Mr_K
Tailfly
sundaygirl
mrswoman
Lynne
moz
Lesley Gilks
Diaan
WOBLEwoble
Eag
ChrisMcW
Hotblack
ticky
sparky
Lillybef
bluejayway
nikkijaydee
takemeanywhere
Prestwich Red 143
fecklessson7
ChrissieInFL
Dr Evil
heshofcheese
My Bury Vest
TamedLamia
Stockhaus
nellie
ferdalicious
MagicalTrevor
Topaz
SmilinSkullRing
LongLegs
Emma G
Robeman
chan
Ted
Dikky
Jonny
Jones
ElbowFreak
fadeupyoursmile
al
Leo
Grant
Dabamash
evilpixie
Misspelt Yoof
81 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Your next gig? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 19:35

ticky wrote:
I'm going to see Gorillaz in Birmingham in a couple of weeks - my daughter, Caitilin, is an obsessive Blur/Gorillaz fan, so I imagine it'll be another desperate dash for the front. Rolling Eyes

Nice one Ticky, was staggered to find out the price of a ticket was £52 - bejesus ! thank gawd they're free ! Now if it was Blur.....not a problem in stumping up.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct 2010, 10:05

Next gig, unexpectedly is tonight !

Foals at Manchester Academy - a spare on Facebook is mine - I am VERY excited !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct 2010, 16:36

Ah thanks MBV for Doves reading, sounds immense.

I have been on the road for 5 weeks and seemed to have missed a mountain of gigs I had tickets for. I missed Badly Drawn Boy, Kloot, Doves, the Miserable Rich, the most annoying beng Kloot who were at the same venue we were playing but always the night after! aaahhhhh.
To make up for lost time, Midlake on Tuesday, Goldheart Assembly on Wednesday...
Hope everyone on here is rockin' Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 09:22

LongLegs wrote:
Ah thanks MBV for Doves reading, sounds immense.

I have been on the road for 5 weeks and seemed to have missed a mountain of gigs I had tickets for. I missed Badly Drawn Boy, Kloot, Doves, the Miserable Rich, the most annoying beng Kloot who were at the same venue we were playing but always the night after! aaahhhhh.
To make up for lost time, Midlake on Tuesday, Goldheart Assembly on Wednesday...
Hope everyone on here is rockin' Smile

I bet you had a fantastic time though LL. I think we'd all LOVE to do what you've just done at least once in our lives!!! If we ever get to have that drink one day, I'd bet you'd have a few stories to tell! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 11:41

We willl have that drink!
The next tour isn't until December, so now have to find another job, preferably one that pays me to hang out with my friends for another five weeks Smile
We got tickets for Tuung on Saturday, you sure you're not in London? Smile
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Nov 2010, 13:01

I wish!! I love Tunng - have a good one! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 17:14

Everything Everything, again! Union Chapel, Islington next month. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 18:36

Beach House on Friday at Manchester Cathedral - YAAAAAAAYYYY ! cheers

From Saturday the luscious singer Victoria Legrand, will then be named Victoria MyBuryvest, when she agrees to a Lancastrian Winter Wedding with yours truly !

Or - I'll be woken at 7am by my 3 year old, wanting to do zoo jigsaws...... Sleep
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 18:51

My Bury Vest wrote:
ticky wrote:
I'm going to see Gorillaz in Birmingham in a couple of weeks - my daughter, Caitilin, is an obsessive Blur/Gorillaz fan, so I imagine it'll be another desperate dash for the front. Rolling Eyes

Nice one Ticky, was staggered to find out the price of a ticket was £52 - bejesus ! thank gawd they're free ! Now if it was Blur.....not a problem in stumping up.

How did you enjoy it MBV? I've got to say that I thought it was just FAB! It was made all the better for me seeing half the Clash on stage. I haven't seen them live for 32 years!!!!! Christ I feel ancient. It was well worth the price of the ticket, what with the amount of people on stage at any one time AND with all the special guests. Mark E Smith was a great surprise, but Caitilin thought he was a bit of a plonker. As predicted, we got to the best position in the place - right on the rails EXACTLY in the middle. She's as an obsessive fan of Blur/Gorillaz as I am about Elbow. I can't think where she gets that from....
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 20:53

Frightened Rabbit tomorrow. I may have to be physically restrained from invading the stage!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 19:01

ticky wrote:
My Bury Vest wrote:
ticky wrote:

How did you enjoy it MBV? I've got to say that I thought it was just FAB! It was made all the better for me seeing half the Clash on stage. I haven't seen them live for 32 years!!!!! Christ I feel ancient. It was well worth the price of the ticket, what with the amount of people on stage at any one time AND with all the special guests. Mark E Smith was a great surprise, but Caitilin thought he was a bit of a plonker. As predicted, we got to the best position in the place - right on the rails EXACTLY in the middle. She's as an obsessive fan of Blur/Gorillaz as I am about Elbow. I can't think where she gets that from....

Hi Ticky ! I went in with an open mind.....right down the front, like daughter like Mum eh ? haha !

From start to finish it really kept my attention and I really enjoyed it - we had very good seats so we could see everything going on, on stage - Mark E Smith and Bobby Womack guested, the latter was shit hot ! Not really a Fall fan but DO like Glitter Freeze. Also, it was the first time i'd seen Damon Allbran on stage - and he was captivating, he really was, really enthusiastic as you'd imagine. Loved seeing the audience cross section, to parents with kids, lads of my age to couples.....All in all a great night ! Plastic Beach now makes complete sense.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 20:08

After Manic Street Preachers, Doves, Foals, Gorillaz and Beach House in the past 5 weeks it's a break til mid December when I'm off to Manchester GMEX to see Arcade Fire......for the first time !

Oh, Beach House were AMAZING - where have this band been all my life ?
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 18:15

Beach House are phenomenal!

I went to see Local Natives last night, the screaming of teenage girls made me feel like I was at a Take That Concert for indie kids Smile
Support from Summer Camp who were quite cool...

David Ford tonight, Tenebrous Liar tomorrow...

The Bluetones Friday in Manc, my virgin experience....never listened, never cared, however boyfriend does....anyone like/dislike/don't care?? Wink

The National in Manc on Saturday!! Is anyone going?? I'm so excited!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 18:27

LongLegs wrote:

The Bluetones Friday in Manc, my virgin experience....never listened, never cared, however boyfriend does....anyone like/dislike/don't care?? Wink

I've seen 'em many times and they usually do put on a good show, but I think you need to be into them really.

Funnily enough they seemed to stop playing their biggest hit, Slight Return, until last time I saw them about three years ago, and that was the first time I had seen them do it live.

And Mark Morriss is a lovely, charming man indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 18:51

Not sure, but I just ordered Rush in Frankfurt on 29th May 2011...
MY next gig will be on 13th January at the musicschool singing a chanson by Georg Kreisler and a friend from the Georg Kreisler Forum... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 14:29

And then there will be Mogwai in Berlin on 29th March... Very Happy
I just hope, when Elbow comes back that nothing will overlap Shocked
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 16:45

Hmmm, it wasn't acutally a concert, although it was as loud as a concert!
MICHAEL FLATLEY! Gosh, I'm in love. Very Happy
It was really, really great. Lord of the dance with 52 yrs. He's still the man!

My next concert: Kings of Leon.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 09:22

Villagers - Manchester Academy 3 on Monday
The album sounds like what would have happened if Feargal Sharkey had joined Prefab Sprout, so it should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 22:51

sparky wrote:
The album sounds like what would have happened if Feargal Sharkey had joined Prefab Sprout, so it should be interesting!
Villagers live are amazing, as tight as the album itself and Conor is a brilliant showman. You'll have a great night, Sparky.

@ Longlegs - didn't spot you, but what a night! Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks so beautiful unplugged at the very end... *sob* I love you
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 10:53

mrswoman wrote:
sparky wrote:
Villagers live are amazing, as tight as the album itself and Conor is a brilliant showman. You'll have a great night, Sparky.

@ Longlegs - didn't spot you, but what a night! Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks so beautiful unplugged at the very end... *sob* I love you

Ahh the love!!
Matt in the crowd for Mr November....I didn't see you either, I was suppossed to meet a friend and it got so packed so quickly. £1.50 drinks on a Saturday night will definitely get people into the venue earlier. Nice to see the Elbow boys there too Smile
Glad you had fun!

I'm going tomorrow and Wednesday too Smile
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 22:10

mrswoman wrote:

Good call mrswoman. Villagers were indeed excellent, much better live than I expected. A good crowd too, you could here a pin drop during "Twenty Seven Strangers"

Big week next week: United Valencia on Tuesday and Arcade Fire in Birmingham on Wednesday
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 21:22

The Coral performing 'Butterfly House' acoustically at Ruby Lounge, Manchester - 16 Jan.

Should be blinding !
Back to top Go down
Ted
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Ted

Male Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Dec 2010, 23:43

Mogwai in Edinburgh supported by The Twilight Sad. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010, 13:49

Well, and I will try to see Maserati in March. Unfortunately, when they are in Berlin I am in Koblenz, but I think I will see them in Leipzig, Hamburg or Braunschweig... Smile
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:11

Its a New Year ( a very happy New Year to you all), which means new music and a 12 months ahead to look forward to gigs and festivals.

So has anyone got any plans then?

Im off to see the wonderful Hurts at Manchester Academy on the 8th Feb followed by, Elbow on the 25th March at the M.E.N (im already counting the days!), then ive( and please dont judge me for this next confession), Take That on the 4th June, with Glastonbury at the end of the month.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your next gig?   Your next gig? - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your next gig?
Page 15 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: other bands-
Jump to: