elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WEM-BER-LEE

Go down 
+28
Cozzer
josephblack
mozo
tomo28
fadeupyoursmile
evilpixie
russycarps
Mrs Soft
Stockhaus
Kim
lapitu
comalley2007
Dabamash
Alison
al
lucky with disease
ElbowFreak
ladytubedriver
ChrissyBoy
wozza
Grant
Jones
Emma G
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
mrswoman
Hotblack
Misspelt Yoof
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Sep 2008, 19:25

mrswoman wrote:

Was the Muse gig when they'd just done Black Holes & Revelations and gone massive? I'd heard they were just mind-blowingly good and carried off the whole arena thing really well.

Yeah, sounds about right. We went the night before and had seats and it was rubbish...not the bands fault, just sitting at the side was rubbish.

The next day MrsMT insisted on paying a bloody fortune on eBay for standing tickets. Was more than double face value but still the best gig I've been to.

The point is (before anyone accuses me of straying off topic Wink ) that despite that outlay of cash, and despite it being in an arena, it's still one of the best gigs I have ever been to.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
ladytubedriver
newborn
newborn

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 08:22

Just got mine, block N9 - I for one can't wait to see them in a big venue, it's no less than they deserve. Having first seen them in a tiny little room in Cardiff I am immensely proud that they will no dooubt sell out Wembley.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 08:30

mrswoman wrote:
For those who have been before, is it a real nasty, soulless shed? Or is it OK if you're standing?
The best words to describe Wembley Arena are indeed "nasty", "soulless" and "shed". Nothing Elbow and 10,000 Elbow fans won't be able to fix tho. It's going to be great.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 09:21

MagicalTrevor wrote:
However I think you need to be standing, and get as close as you feel comfortable with. Then it's as good as a theatre, but with a bigger atmosphere, and an underlying sense of smugness over the people at the back Smile

I am small (5ft1) and unless I can be pretty much guaranteed a spot at the front then it's usually seated tickets for me!
There is absolutely no point in me going to a gig if I end up staring at the back of some Hulk Hogan type fella who invariable manages to stand right in front of me...
So, unfortunately this time, it's seated for me.
Still intend to have a great time though and really looking forward to it! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 12:58

We've got seated tickets to the Leeds gig next month, and I'm actually really looking forward to experiencing the gig like that - just kicking back and enjoying the music, no stress. Smile
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:23

How many people get into the Wembley arena?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:50

ElbowFreak wrote:
How many people get into the Wembley arena?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wembley_arena
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 18:52

Thanks. That is great! Finaly someone recognises them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Sep 2008, 22:21

wozza wrote:
I notice seats aren't available in the best blocks (N6 and S6). Anyone know if they're sold out in those blocks, or not on sale yet?

clicky below:
Oh to be a Very Important Person..or a millionaire!

Had a look at what 'best available' seats come up on ticketmaster... are only showing way up upper tier...don't think I'll be booking them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 01 Oct 2008, 12:26

Hotblack wrote:

It's just that I can't stand huge gigs like that. At the moment I'm not sure I want to go but my best wishes and support are still with them.

I concur! I saw snow patrol at the Wembley Arena, and although there is something about thousands of people all singing along (Oh I do like a good singalong) the venue was just too massive. I have no doubt that elbow would be able to perform beautifully to such a large crowd, and I'm really pleased that they can, but I'll probably be missing this one out.

...Unless Sarah decides she's going, 'cos I'll be buggered if she's going without me Wink
Back to top Go down
Alison
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: The Wembley Thread   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:16

Anyone going? Im not one for arenas but after seeing them last week I wanna see them again. Im considering getting seated tickets and takign my soon to be 7 year old. She loves 'Elbow'
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:22

I'm glad that I saw Elbow in Leeds before they start going into arenas and stadiums. I don't think a stadium/arena has the same atmosphere or acoustics of a small stage in a club or whatever. But I hope that you and your daughter enjoy it if you do decide to get tickets.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 12:27

It's going to be freaking amazing. Trust me.

Oh, and there's another Wembley thread here.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 14:42

Topics merged
Back to top Go down
Alison
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 19:13

I love a good merge.

Ill have a look at what seats are available. Upper tier is a waste of time. I NEVER do seated gigs usually. I stood for three hours at Wolves and my back is still hurting.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 21:30

When I looked GetmeIn, Seatwave, Double8 and Ebay appear to have taken the better seats to sell at inflated prices, so to pay the normal price its a matter of making do with higher seating/ further away. Let us know if you get anything decent seated at the cost price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
comalley2007
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Elbow Wembley Lower Tier   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 04 Nov 2008, 13:18

Hi

I checked on Ticketmaster virtually every day for lower tier tickets, finally they appeared on the site at the beginning of October (only for half a day).

I suggest keep trying (or maybe get Standing tickets), i'm sure people will be happy to swap nearer the day.

Saw them twice last year (at RFH for Meltdown SUPERB GIG and at Portsmouth GREAT AGAIN). Gonna be great next year to go to the first gig of the tour in Brighton and the last at Wembley!!

Christian
Back to top Go down
lapitu
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009, 11:33

is that gig actually sold out or does ticketmaster just hate me? Shocked
and all the different standing categories confuse me? sorry for asking so stupid, but.. duh.
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009, 18:03

lapitu wrote:
is that gig actually sold out or does ticketmaster just hate me?
It's sold out. Well, standing seems to be sold out everywhere. A few places with seats still available tho.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jan 2009, 22:12

I much prefer the smaller, more intimate venues too (woo Porchester Hall!) but then I'm one of those people that will wait from silly early in order to get to the front and when you're at the front it still feels like they're playing just for you... kinda.
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 13:07

it is always better in small venues, doesnt matter what band! (well actually im lying, Metallica is best when playing arena-gigs)
and this is a bit odd having Elbow doing wembley, but im just hoping it will be great as always. Wembley was the only gig on this tour that I could go to as it was on a saturday and in london and i cant take time off to go in the week and its easier to you fly to london and stay there!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 14:18

It will be great and I can't wait! I love you
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 14:23

Can i go to this one in your handbag? Razz
Back to top Go down
Stockhaus
friend of ours
friend of ours
Stockhaus

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 16:57

Jones wrote:
It will be great and I can't wait! I love you
I can't wait! i'm not just excited for the gig but also for the entire weekend and what it may bring. I love you
Back to top Go down
lapitu
fallen angel
fallen angel

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jan 2009, 20:39

Misspelt Yoof wrote:
lapitu wrote:
is that gig actually sold out or does ticketmaster just hate me?
It's sold out. Well, standing seems to be sold out everywhere. A few places with seats still available tho.

ooohhh damn! but thank you.
now I wish I'd bought the tickets when I first thought of going...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEM-BER-LEE   WEM-BER-LEE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEM-BER-LEE
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow live-
Jump to: