elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Craig Potter Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+36
suered
Adderz
Open arms
mrswoman
errant
Bright Grey
Dano
NeonChoir
ticky
Misspelt Yoof
nellie
sundaygirl
lucky with disease
TamedLamia
Grant
ElbowFreak
bluefield
Leo
Dabamash
MrsMagicalTrevor
evilpixie
fadeupyoursmile
erasure
Hotblack
Jones
girlafraid
Calum
Ted
JulieinTX
Topaz
leespoons
Glendarian
Craig Potter
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
ChrissieInFL
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Feb 2011, 23:37

He is The Magician Wink . I really love watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFIG4ctXEmY

Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 14:26

After watching the live clip of Jesus is a Rochdale Girl (posted by Mr_K on another thread), I feel compelled to reiterate: ALL HAIL CRAIG!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 15:16

Yep, well done Craig.
It's lovely. It really is...
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 18:49

I totally agree - one of the most original and delightful pieces of piano I have ever heard. You're a total star Craig!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 18:54

Puts me in mind very much of Scattered Black and Whites...very nice Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Bright Grey
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bright Grey

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Elbow Rejects Cox   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 01:07

Elbow Rejects Cox

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00z9l7l

Listen from about 2h16
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SeldomSeenVid
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar 2011, 11:44

NeonChoir wrote:
WHOA. Craig has really slimmed down. That is amazing. Very Happy

as radcliffe says, he's half the man he was... would hardly have recognised him at the gig last night in newcastle... seems taller and lot more younger as well... <cough> sorry for the man love... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 01:42

How can I not post something here after meeting the man himself! I used to think I couldn't possibly appreciate Craig more than I did already. I was wrong. So, soooooo wrong! Laughing Even after a huge gig and a very long night, he was really amazing to take some time out for me and I really do appreciate it! Craig. Is. DA MAN!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 07:21

I knew I'd find you on this thread Chrissie!! I absolutely agree - what a star and total gent!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 08:49

Well, it's all been said already, but yes; Top Bloke! Cool
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Sep 2011, 15:14

Can't believe that tomorrow, I'll be off to appreciate Craig in concert for the third time this year - holy cheese, I never would've imagined I'd get so lucky! *preparing to initiate full-on Craig appreciation mode* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 15:13

I appreciated Craig ENORMOUSLY in Atlanta this week! I particularly appreciated Starlings. It was a really great show - and, though it goes without saying, I'll say it anyway: Craig is DA MAN! Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Waving12
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2011, 20:24

ChrissieInFL wrote:
... though it goes without saying, I'll say it anyway: Craig is DA MAN! Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Waving12
Couldn't put it better myself, Chrissie! (No, really I can't) Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 685959
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 23:04

A Craig fan =)
That's cool, sadly and mostly, basic people only see the singer (and that a true thing, just check how many people are following Guy and how many follow Craig on Twitter, the difference is huge ) but a singer without the rest of the band is nothing special. He's just a singer. Piano adds so much emotions in songs ! I love Craig's part too, in a lot of songs, especially in some riots (I also like the violin version but piano is more touching) he made me enjoy piano and keys so much that I bought a keyboard and started learning ! Very Happy

He also looks like a nice guy, from what I see on Twitter for exemple he seems to answer quite often to fans, contrary to some others who never answers. But well, I really can understand, Guy for exemple receives way too many messages...

Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
Adderz
fallen angel
fallen angel
Adderz

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 02:11

I have huge respect for Craig! I love his piano work, it is beautiful stuff! But more so I respect him for his production skills on Seldom Seen Kid. I am a Sound Technology student so he is a big inspiration to me as an aspiring producer!

I loved watching some of the videos he is in showing how they created some of the sounds on the album. I love the fact that Craig used some real unorthodox recording methods and techniques which had great effect! I'm a firm believer that recording a track should never have a set process, and Craig has proved this is true.

Overall I find his production style is wonderfully "human". It really gives the album the feeling of being right there listening to them play, as apposed to heavily manufactured and edited sounds that some bands are exposed to nowadays. =)
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 18:23

Open arms wrote:
A Craig fan =)
That's cool, sadly and mostly, basic people only see the singer (and that a true thing, just check how many people are following Guy and how many follow Craig on Twitter, the difference is huge ) but a singer without the rest of the band is nothing special. He's just a singer.

You're right. I thought about tweeting Guy he should make advertisings to follow Craig and Jupp! It's strange, I don't get it either. I follow and write all three of them. *LOL* If they want or not. Very Happy

Although I'm admittetly a Guy girl... Btw. He's not just a singer - he's also the lyricist.
But I get your point. All five members together make Elbow what they are - the greatest band.
It's the same with U2. Bono on his own - noone would care - as a band, yes.

So we need all of them including Craig with his amacing taste for music!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 16:16

He's not just a great musician and producer, he also posts some very funny tweets! I also appreciate him even more since he replied to one of my tweets yesterday!
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 17:55

suered wrote:
He's not just a great musician and producer, he also posts some very funny tweets! I also appreciate him even more since he replied to one of my tweets yesterday!

Yes indeed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 14:53

Happy birthday!!!!
Back to top Go down
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 15:03

Aaah I didn't know...Just checked his Twitter and saw his tweet about his birthday...Happy birthday to dear Craig!!!

Anyone know in which year he was born?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 15:55

Happy Birthday Craig! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 17:30

Well, sagittarius is a great zodiac sign (being one myself *cough* Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 09:31

Ahh...I forgot Craigs Birthday!! affraid
Sorry Craigie, lots of good wishes and lots of beautiful song ideas to share with the Elboys... flower

and btw. I am not sure if I said it here before but Craig was my second fave Elboy even when he was still that quiet rotund chap...on that Leaders DVD he was such a lovely comedian who made me laugh again and again with his funny face expressions... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
JessieAddick
little beast
little beast
JessieAddick

Female Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 11:52

TamedLamia wrote:
on that Leaders DVD he was such a lovely comedian who made me laugh again and again with his funny face expressions... What a Face
Yes he was such a cutie back then.
An Elbow fan did this screen cap and I think Craig looks really lovely here. Very Happy
Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 6476367653_25ef99edf4_z
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/jessieron
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 17:59

Happy belated birthday Craig!! Hope the coming year is just as amazing as this past year surely was Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig Potter Appreciation Thread   Craig Potter Appreciation Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craig Potter Appreciation Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next