elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jupp leaves the band !

Go down 
+3
Lozzmeister
ticky
My Bury Vest
7 posters
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Jupp leaves the band ! Empty
PostSubject: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2016, 20:42

It's on the website ; to pursue other ventures, expand his drumming school etc

It feels VERY, VERY WEIRD and I'm really sad about it.

Good luck Jupp lad.

Last edited by My Bury Vest on Fri 04 Mar 2016, 21:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2016, 21:32

Really sad news, but all the best to him for his future plans. Xx
Back to top Go down
Lozzmeister
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2016, 21:50

absolutely gutted about this. I thought the band were working on album no 7... wtf
Wish Richard all the best but worried for the future of the band now
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2016, 21:49

I didn't believe it when I saw a tweet about it. Very sad news. I wish him all the best for the future.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016, 23:11

Haven't been around for a while, and haven't kept up properly with all the latest from the band either (life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans, etc. etc.). Jeez...been ages since I've seen some Elbow news, and for the news to be something like this...I'm so bummed! Of course it's fair enough, 25 years is a good run I reckon. But Elbow's got me nervous now. Wishing Jupp nothing but good luck and good times, and hoping Album #7 will arrive as scheduled, with the remaining Elboys in good spirits and good form. Hope all y'all are doing well, too - miss ya, Forumsters! I love you
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2016, 06:48

Hey Chrissie!!!! Good to see you on here - miss you too! When (let's hope it's not an if) they play next, you've got to come over for some gigs. There's always a place at mine! xxxx
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2016, 16:05

Hiya Ticky!! Very Happy Thanks dude - I'd love to come back over if I can, and hopefully there will be some shows to come over for! Keep your fingers crossed...in the meantime, you know you're always welcome here too - though there's no chance of Elbow gigs on the horizon in Florida, but if you ever feel like coming anyway, there's a pina colada with your name on it and I'll keep it frosty for ya anytime you want to claim it! Laughing

Much love to you and the kids (not really kids anymore though, are they? Yikes!), hope y'all are doing well! xoxo
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2016, 22:12

ive been out the elbow loop for a few months, so kinda missed this! omg... i never thought the day would come so soon where one of the band hung up their instruments and stopped playing with the band! whilst drummers have a historical track record of coming & going i still thought elbow were a bit different...

i do wonder what will happen now, as i understood they started writing the new album just after christmas, i wonder if something in that process has prompted jupp to want to concentrate on his drumming school!?

interesting times i suppose...

who the hell will they look to replace him!?
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2016, 22:12

My Bury Vest wrote:
It's on the website ; to pursue other ventures, expand his drumming school etc

It feels VERY, VERY WEIRD and I'm really sad about it.

Good luck Jupp lad.

thats was my first thought when i just found out, how weird...
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2016, 14:25

i have a little theory, penny for your thoughts?  

seeing the news that jupp has quit reminded me that of all the interviews i've heard over the 12-18 months from the mouth of guy garvey, he would now & again mention what the other elboys had been up to when asked about his own status within the band.  he talked about craig producing steve masons awesome new album, or mark in his southern blue grass trio (excellent support at the albert hall gig), or even talk of Pete writing some solo stuff... i don't recall mention of jupp running his drum school...

in the run up to 'Take off' there was mention in press interviews about guy moving to new york and writing his lyrics from afar for the music that the other boys were providing him...  craig doing real life angel for example, i seem to recall pete wrote one from a loop created on an iPad and was it honey son that mark wrote?  i don't recall what jupp was credited with bringing to the table?  there was talk from craig on twitter about starting to write new stuff back in January and so i'm just wondering if jupp is frustrated with his input into the creative process?

with the radiohead album out this week i was reading this excellent piece from Pete Paphides on radiohead and smiled to myself about the stranglehold that thom & jonny had on the creative process around Kid A and chuckled if this is where elbow are currently...

https://medium.com/@petepaphides/ultimately-its-a-young-person-s-game-being-in-a-band-1c2456580642#.wzu4eiygz

being on the cusp of a Kid A album would be fantastic news for elbow, always self-styled as radiohead for girls after all...

i noticed jupp pop up on the my twitter stream this morning posting a photo from a train, and with him being news to me thought i'd check his twitter stream and noticed with a wry smile this interaction...

Jupp leaves the band ! Yk3SmXq

would anyone like to debate what "might reflect some of your experience" means?
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitimeFri 13 May 2016, 16:21

http://mediakits.concordmusicgroup.com/p/the-take-off-and-landing-of-everything/track-by-track.html

You can read about the track-by-track process of Take Off. The credit for Fly Boy Blue/Lunette went to Jupp, Pete, and Mark.

I don't view it as a creative issue. I think the general idea that could be applied to Jupp is the fact that he has spent a good portion of his life with the band and there are other pleasures he'd like to explore, especially when it means that he can be closer with his family. You can tell just how passionate he is about his son, so I feel as though this new part of his career is more about availability within his personal life. And judging by his twitter profile, this part seems to reveal a part of where his heart is at right now: "Patron of the Autism Research Trust and proud Ambassador of the National Autistic Society".

It'll be difficult to replace him (if they choose to do so, which I imagine they will have to at least find a suitable touring musician for older songs) and I'll sorely miss him, but upon reflection I'm surprised that he stayed for as long as he did considering how he felt about his family. Unlike the other band members, he had his son very early on in the band and I imagine it's much harder to pull away when your child's 10, 11, 12, etc. than when they're younger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jupp leaves the band !   Jupp leaves the band ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jupp leaves the band !
Page 1 of 1