elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....

Go down 
+7
fadeupyoursmile
MagicalTrevor
LongLegs
Mr Woman
ticky
Jones
My Bury Vest
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Empty
PostSubject: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jul 2010, 20:31

last weekend, talking to another man as I drove by, in Whitefield, Manchester.

And that's my story - and yes, I actually got a little starstruck.......and I've seen him in the very same garden a year or two back.

More from Juppwatch as and when. pig
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 19:10

Erm, is this just a little bit creepy...? pale
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 19:25

Nah - it doesn't sound as though he's stalking him - just a chance sighting, unless you've been hanging around that garden for a year to see him MBV Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 08:21

In defence of MBV and the heinous accusation of stalkerism: If you live in the same area as members of a band, it probably isn't surprising to clock one of them every once in a while when you're out and about.

Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 10:07

Mr Woman wrote:
In defence of MBV and the heinous accusation of stalkerism: If you live in the same area as members of a band, it probably isn't surprising to clock one of them every once in a while when you're out and about.

I completely agree, I used to visit Manchester frequently and saw Garvey down the Temple all the time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:05

Seen anyone else MBV? ...a lesser spotted Potter perchance? Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:27

LongLegs wrote:

I used to visit Manchester frequently and saw Garvey down the Temple all the time!

Stalker! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LongLegs
friend of ours
friend of ours
LongLegs

Female Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 07:45

Mr Woman wrote:
LongLegs wrote:

I used to visit Manchester frequently and saw Garvey down the Temple all the time!

Stalker! Very Happy

Haha!!
There have been many a funny conversation down the hole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/music_versus_mines
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 11:30

Jones wrote:
Erm, is this just a little bit creepy...? pale

If I should explain myself...........the front garden of which I've seen him twice, is literally around the corner from my folks, the first time was when I was on the way to see my Dad, and the second, driving to tthe circus !

And for what it's worth, I've seen him in the local Tesco with his missus, a year or two ago..........as pointed out, just live in the same area, that's it !

Ticky, no sign of the Potter's but a lad I know went to the same school as the Potter's and Jupp !

Jones, calm yer skin down, I'm no stalker, ha ! Cool

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 18:46

My Bury Vest wrote:

Jones, calm yer skin down, I'm no stalker, ha ! Cool

Ah, that's alright then. Not creepy at all so! Wink
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 10:13

I was entering the rehearsal studio where my band used to practice about eight years ago, sometime after the release of Asleep In The Back, which I was loving at the time.

I had to hold the door open for all five of them, with a cheery 'Alright lads?' Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 11:06

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I was entering the rehearsal studio where my band used to practice about eight years ago, sometime after the release of Asleep In The Back, which I was loving at the time.

I had to hold the door open for all five of them, with a cheery 'Alright lads?' Smile

Nice one lad, any regrets that you wish you'd have waxed lyrically over 'Scattered...' to them, or just satisfied that you exchanged pleasantries ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 11:49

As usual, too star-struck (even before they had the level of fame and success they now have) to talk any more than 'Alright lads?' and cheesy grin Smile

We did end up using their rehearsal space while they were on tour though.

This always happens with people I admire. Was sat next to Mark Radcliffe about a year ago and couldn't even catch his eye. It's kinda partly not wanting to intrude as well, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 12:14

You're too modest to mention this, but I distinctly remember you getting HUGGED by Mark Potter when it was pointed out to him that you were Magical Trevor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 12:19

'Twas a marvellous and treasured moment in my life Smile
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Aug 2010, 16:03

Mr Woman wrote:
You're too modest to mention this, but I distinctly remember you getting HUGGED by Mark Potter when it was pointed out to him that you were Magical Trevor! Very Happy

I remember you saying that mate re MT ! God, if that would have happened to me, Cloud 9 wouldn't have come close !

Jammy beggar !

I'm a huge fan of Radcliffe & Riley and years back I was on a corporate do at Maine Road watching a Man City match, and Riley was there, I got proper starstruck, but due to the wonders of Kronenbourg and being egged on by 'friends', I approached the equally lubricated Mancunian and our short and sweet moment was great - he was a top fella.

Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 20:30

Awesome story MBV!
Many years ago I was going for a drink with a friend of mine in Dublin when he introduced me to his mate Dave (who seemed vaguely familiar), who was just leaving the pub.
It was only the next day he told me, that his mate also sometime goes by the name of The Edge... Sad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 22:20

Jones wrote:
Awesome story MBV!
Many years ago I was going for a drink with a friend of mine in Dublin when he introduced me to his mate Dave (who seemed vaguely familiar), who was just leaving the pub.
It was only the next day he told me, that his mate also sometime goes by the name of The Edge... Sad

Cripes ! well, having seen U2 live once an thinking they are 'pretty good', Edge is without doubt my fave member of the band - he seems the one that would stump up the extra 20p if yer wallet was just short of paying for some Scampi Fries.......

He always seems a chilled out fella when interviewed......and who can't be smiling at the Numb vid ?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 08:59

Bloomin' eck - I've got an Edge story too, not one of which I'm particularly proud though ... Embarassed
About 20 years or so ago, I went to Dublin for the weekend to visit my ex-husband's family and as I absolutely hate flying, I got monumentally pissed on the trip over. My ex used to be a roadie for U2, so as you can imagine he knew them pretty well. Anyway, we ended up in a club called Lily's Bordello, by which time I'm in a real mess and decided to have a little nap on my neighbour's lap - who happened to be Edge. Fiachra (my ex) said he was very sweet and looked after me for most of the night. I wish I could remember.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 16:23

Haha Ticky!
Shame it was before the time of mobile phone cameras!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010, 17:27

That's a great tale Ticky !

Let's hope, since then, that your alcohol intake has reduced the chances of such episodes happening again ! Beer
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 17:40

Well, Mr Bury Vest, is indeed cock and a hoop today !

Was in Heaton Park in Manchester on a glorious autumnal afternoon digging for bugs and worms with my 3 year old son - and we started to wheel away in his pushchair and then I thought, looking at a man with a big coat on, walking, listening to an ipod ' that REALLY looks like him !' - then Alfie stopped me and wanted something from the bag - some bleedin' juice or summat - anyway, after a couple of minutes delay, we carry on - and there he is chatting away to a couple, my all time musical hero and legend...

GUY GARVEY. FUCK. ME.

Now, i always evade any of my heroes, be it, music or football, but we stride on, 'I've gotta say SOMETHING' heart pounding, cold sweat developing, anyway, after 2 or 3 fawning compliments from me and 'Good Lucks with the tour/LP/see you in Sheffield and M'cr etc' Mr Garvey afforded me a couple of cheery and smiley 'Cheers mate' 'Very nice of you' - he was chatting, so didn't want to intrude properly with a phone pic (i'd have only fainted at his feet (not very Mancunian). Maybe only 15 seconds - but I was buzzin' !

LEGEND !
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 18:11

That's brilliant MBV!!! I can feel your excitement coming through the computer!! You're a very lucky chap! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 19:10

ticky wrote:
That's brilliant MBV!!! I can feel your excitement coming through the computer!! You're a very lucky chap! Very Happy

Cheers Ticky, i've been in situations where I've had the chance to meet some genuine, like Guy, heroes of mine, but am actually pretty shy when it comes to stuff like that.

But, I would have been SO regretful if I hadn't, at the very LEAST, let on.

Your face with Wayne Coyne would ABSOLUTELY sum up how I felt ! Due to meet all my mates on Thursday at a Manic Street Preachers gig, and they all want to shower me with lager, they are that chuffed for me ! My mate saw Craig Potter in our local Morrisons yesterday, aswell........good to see the lads back on home turf, then !
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct 2010, 19:46

He's a really, genuinely lovely bloke!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....   I saw Richard Jupp in a garden.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I saw Richard Jupp in a garden....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next