elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow in the Wild

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Elbow in the Wild Empty
PostSubject: Elbow in the Wild   Elbow in the Wild Icon_minitimeMon 06 Oct 2014, 22:25

Elbow is still a niche enough band in the US that I'm pleasantly surprised when I encounter the band's music in the wild.

Saturday, that happened twice.

First, during NPR's Weekend Edition, a lit bit of "Dear Friends" was played between story segments in the first hour.

Then, during the Nationals-Giants game Saturday night (an eighteen inning affair in a very chilly Washington, DC), the guitar riff from "Grounds for Divorce" was played on the PA system between innings.

Elbow! In the wild! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Elbow in the Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow in the Wild   Elbow in the Wild Icon_minitimeThu 06 Nov 2014, 15:46

I heard Grounds For Divorce at a local football (soccer) tourney a week or so ago. A family friend was playing, and he came over to chat with us during a break in the action. Right in the middle of talking to him I just stopped and listened while it came on over the field speakers. He tried talking again and I yelled at him - "DUDE IT'S ELBOW THEY'RE PLAYING ELBOW HOLY CRAP SHUT UP!" He just looked at me funny and trotted back over to his team bench. Not my fault he's so clueless. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Elbow in the Wild
Page 1 of 1