elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special Dutch Live album...(?)

Go down 
+4
oneofthethree
emma
Joost
Jones
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Special Dutch Live album...(?) Empty
PostSubject: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 21:10

Just clocked this on Youtube!
Seems they are planning to release a special edition album of the Elboys' performances at Pinkpop and Lowlands of this year.
Due out this September!

Anyway, that's what I figure...
It's a terrible, cringey interview but very exciting news!

Back to top Go down
Joost
fallen angel
fallen angel
Joost

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 22:16

Yes, it is true. Guy Garvey tells also about it.

5 extra songs, they picked the best 5 songs from Pinkpop and Lowlands festival in the Netherlands: The Birds, The Night Will Always Win, The River, Open Arms and Lippy Kids.

In my opinion: I don't like releases with extra tracks a few months after the album first release. So, I think that i shouldn't buy the new special release.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 14:22

Ah ok.
The other interview wasn't very clear; - so it's just an additional 5 live tracks...
Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
emma
friend of ours
friend of ours
emma

Female Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 02:15

Thanks for posting these! I agree, the first interview is rather cringey haha she asked the same question about three times...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2226544041
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 21:15

Did they get longer sets at the European festivals or just change the set around a bit - we didn't get The Night Will Always Win or The River at Glastonbury or Reading.
Back to top Go down
Joost
fallen angel
fallen angel
Joost

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 08:52

Disc 2 - Bonus Live Cd

1. The Birds [live from Pinkpop 2011]
2. Neat Little Rows [live from Lowlands 2011]
3. Lippy Kids [live from Pinkpop 2011]
4. The Night Will Always Win [live from Lowlands 2011]
5. Open Arms [live from Lowlands 2011]
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 11:44

We've got several versions of some of the other albums, so an extra one of BARB won't hurt too much!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 10:52

Yep.
Will be getting this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeSat 24 Sep 2011, 13:57

If you can read Dutch -- or if you're handy with Google Translate -- Kroese Online is selling it here.

Yes, I ordered one. God, I'm a total nerd. Smile

With shipping to the US, it came to about $28.00.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 23:46

And it arrived today.

Differences, besides the bonus disc...

The album comes in a cardboard sleeve with slightly modified cover artwork. (I'll snap a picture later and post it. Or, as long as it's up, see this eBay auction.) On the back of the sleeve, there's a (printed) handwritten note that reads:

Quote :
We love Holland and its all down to the Dutch. We get something special happening there. there are our highlights from 2011.
Love elbow xxx

All typos in the original.

CD booklets are identical, except that the blank page in the original BARB release had the credits for the Dutch Festival Edition bonus CD.

I'm listening to it now. If you've heard the Glastonbury set from this year, it's pretty similar in terms of sound. Interestingly, the guitar on "The Birds" is mixed down closer to the album than it was at Glastonbury where it's far more prominent. It's a little disappointing that "Neat Little Rows" on the live album leads into "Grounds for Divorce" and we don't get to hear it. Sad

Makes me yearn for a proper Elbow live album. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011, 20:18

Snapped up one of these CDs off a Dutch ebay seller which arrived yesterday (and I have just got round to listening to it!)

Overall: Excellent quality recording, Lippy Kids is the stand-out track for me, very restrained performance, with just the right degree of poinancy. Not a bad moment on it, and 33+ minutes of live tracks. On its own it may seem pricey, but well worth the investment of £20 (incl. free postage) in my book.

A nice touch is the inclusion of Guy's trademark "Everybody still OK?" at the start of the 'The Night...'.

Agree with allyngibson about the outro from Neat Little Rows which leads you all the way up the garden path with Guy's working of the audience for the vocal harmonies to 'Grounds ...', and then drops out just as you are ready to launch into "I've been working...." with him.

Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 16:45

Grabbed a copy of this whilst in Holland after the Belgian shows last week. A nice addition to the collection.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Dutch Live album...(?)   Special Dutch Live album...(?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Dutch Live album...(?)
Page 1 of 1