elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BARB beer, anyone?

Go down 
+25
chris815
Open arms
alanguy
Grant
seamiedev
heshofcheese
Lynne
newborn
sparky
Audrey
ukkonen
Lillybef
mrswoman
ticky
HandFedFred
TamedLamia
@MrIanGibson
Mr Woman
Kim
Jones
HattyMarris
leespoons
Trains Are...Mint
My Bury Vest
Glendarian
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 21:04

My Bury Vest wrote:
Nice one Newborn ! Sounds like a great time you had at the brewery.....I'm not the best to get technical over ale, does it taste nice ? Will it get you pissed in good time ? If it's a YAY to both of them, I'm in. 4% is the perfect strength for me, a nice 5 pints before the match and at least the same after. 8.3%, blimey charlie ! I'd be on that beer scooter back to Bury before you can say 'Turn Vum Garda off this instant !'

Ok, not at all technical; but it was really rather nice.
We were at the launch on Albert Square at the Manchester Food and Drink Festival. The brewery peeps were there and Elbow pulled the first few pints. I had a couple, which was certainly enough for a school night! Eee, the Old Tom was enough to make you pull an Esther Rantzen!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 17:38

"Really rather nice" sounds good to me! Smile We have a consignment on order, but as we'll be most likely making a flying visit to Manchester next week sometime, we may very well nip in somewhere for a cheeky draught to tide us over.
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 15:51

Has anyone actually managed to order any?
We had pre ordered some, then were sent an email to say that we could actually order it and pay in the next 48hrs (this was last week), but since then, nothing.

Ive heard that the BARB on draught has run out.......well no barrels left at the Brewery anyway.
Not suprised though, it went down a treat with me and the MR the other weekend at KRO
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 17:20

Lillybef wrote:
Has anyone actually managed to order any?
We had pre ordered some, then were sent an email to say that we could actually order it and pay in the next 48hrs (this was last week), but since then, nothing.

Ive heard that the BARB on draught has run out.......well no barrels left at the Brewery anyway.
Not suprised though, it went down a treat with me and the MR the other weekend at KRO

Was fed up on Saturday, The Castle on Oldham St and Odd had sold out, that was lunchtime and went to KRO at teatime and it had all been gobbled up there aswell !

I was very unhappy - let's put it that way ! Still not bloody tasted it ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 08:24

Empty cask of thousands: So near, yet so far. Ooof. I feel your pain, MBV!
BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Imag0910
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011, 14:52

But Bottles still available I hope? I just checked the prize of ordering it to Germany...will be 5,50 Euro per bottle... Shocked But when I think how much a well known Guinness costs in the local Irish Pubs...It won't be a "beer after work" anyway, more like opening an expensive wine... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 09:58

I read a bloke's tweet yesterday, retweeted by @ElbowBeer, which said that BARB bottles were on sale in his local Booths supermarket. Not sure where he was tweeting from, though.

Maybe worth checking out if you're anywhere near a branch of Booths. Unfortunately, this is unlikely unless you're in the north-west of England, though there is a branch in Ripon...
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

Male Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:07

My very good friend bought me the "last one" from Booths in Chorley on Saturday.

They were waiting for another shipment today
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:51

Wahey! barb beer arrived this morning and I'm off work today.

Still a bit early for me yet, will probably get stuck in this afternoon and report back later.

Cheers! Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 13:03

Mine's just arrived as well - looks like a good evening ahead! drunken
Back to top Go down
seamiedev
little beast
little beast
seamiedev

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-10-31

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 18:59

just got mine today, can't open till Christmas - it's a present from the missus Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 20:36

Finally got round to tasting a solitary pint last night after watching James in Manchester.

My mate had one the other day and said it was awful, I thought it was rather nice and deemed it a shame that we only found a pub with it on, where it was our last before we headed home.

The head of it stuck to the sides of the glass as the ale was being supped - very good news.

I'll, for research means only, be tackling a few more yards of it in the very near future.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 22:43

It's been a very Build-beery day:

1) I was working in Ulverston today which happens to have a Robinson's warehouse/ex-Hartley's Brewery and been wondering if they had any there, rather than all their stock in - erm - Stockport. Result! One case bought, but not loads left at the moment if anyone fancied following suit. Most of the decent pubs in the town also have it on draught, apparently.

2) Swinging by their Booths for a cheeky Mumtaz Samosa, they'd also got it, though it seems to be selling well:
BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 44540210

Meanwhile...
3) @ElbowBeer mentioned on their site recently that it's now available in all North-West Morrisons stores: Linky

Last edited by mrswoman on Mon 14 Nov 2011, 09:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 15:17

At last......got a pint on draught. Picadilly Gardens on a sunny afternoon. Mrs sparky n Emma are shopping so I am doing a little beer and culture tour.....Night and Day, Kro bar, The Cathedral and John Rylands Library (the last two aren't pubs!). Having a lovely time but feeling a bit "billy no mates" till 4pm meetup so I thought I'd report in Smile
Back to top Go down
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 21:42

I ordered 2 cases, and I've not had a confirmation that they've been purchased yet Sad
Back to top Go down
alanguy
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 17:53

Going to see Coldplay in Manchester in two weeks so will try to buy some Elbow ale.
Back to top Go down
sparky
friend of ours
friend of ours
sparky

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 19:14

Does anyone know where there's any bottles in stock please?
There's none in Booths (Chorley & Penwortham) and none in Morrisons
Had a pint at the Kro Bar before the Cherry Ghost gig on Monday but it would be nice if I could find a few bottles for Christmas Day.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 07:09

sparky wrote:
Does anyone know where there's any bottles in stock please?
There's none in Booths (Chorley & Penwortham) and none in Morrisons
Had a pint at the Kro Bar before the Cherry Ghost gig on Monday but it would be nice if I could find a few bottles for Christmas Day.

Good shout Sparky - I'd like to know aswell, Morrisons near me haven't got them in, I'd like to buy some for Christmas - all in moderation, of course....BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 740288
Back to top Go down
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec 2011, 12:24

Have received 2 Elbow beers some weeks ago because a kind guy on Twitter sent me them as they are impossible to find here in France, but not the mood to taste them yet. At the moment, thinking of Elbow and every Elbow related things make me depress more than everything so I wait that things go better (if they do) before tasting them.
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
seamiedev
little beast
little beast
seamiedev

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-10-31

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011, 22:46

had a bottle after us christmas dinner Laughing , i do like a good english bitter
Back to top Go down
chris815
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012, 16:24

Silly reason to register on here I guess, but the pub / restaurant where I work is a free house and we took delivery a couple of weeks ago of a cask of BARB. Looking at the pump clip, it appears that there is some data / audio 'burnt' on the CD. Is anyone able to confirm if there is anything on the disk? As the label covers the centre hole on the pump clip I don't want to put it in the computer until after in case it destroys the pump clip...

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 12:26

Was checking the net for LOTF & COT deluxe editions and thought I'd try Tesco. They didn't stcok the CD's, however they do sell Build! beers @ 4 for £6. Here is the link http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272582026

Only valid till tomorrow though. Give me Beer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
Carl0sAlbert0
fallen angel
fallen angel
Carl0sAlbert0

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 20:06

Tried some at Jodrell Bank the other week. I'm not really a fan of beer or ale, but there are one or two I really like such as Delerium Tremens. I thought BARB was lovely to be honest. Not too heavy, goes down very easily indeed! Shall be purchasing some very soon I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Elbow Fan
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012, 00:46

I hope this is good stuff, $107 Australian for an 8 pack delivered downunder - thats 70 pounds!
Back to top Go down
TinTin
friend of ours
friend of ours
TinTin

Female Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012, 08:54

Well l loved it , but if you like collecting like me keep the bottles and lids and buy one of those old style bottle crates and keep them as a display (drink the beer first though, obviously ! :-) Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BARB beer, anyone?   BARB beer, anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BARB beer, anyone?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next