elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reading & Leeds Festival

Go down 
+14
Jones
Icen
Project571
ticky
aob!
AyannaD
lordlee
Space_dementia
HattyMarris
sparky
jsweeting
My Bury Vest
Kim
Misspelt Yoof
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011, 07:21

AyannaD wrote:
Congrats!!! Yet another time when I wish I still lived in the UK. Elbow and Muse on the same bill would be the total win win situation for me.

Holiday... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011, 00:38

Kim wrote:
AyannaD wrote:
Congrats!!! Yet another time when I wish I still lived in the UK. Elbow and Muse on the same bill would be the total win win situation for me.

Holiday... Very Happy

Don't tempt me Wink
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2011, 13:41

Bought myself a ticket for Leeds Festival today after deciding i simply had to go Smile

Cannot wait to finally see Muse live, the Friday is going to be a special day!
Back to top Go down
aob!
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 19:32

I pretty much bought my ticket so I could see elbow live again, but Muse, The National, The Strokes and quite a few other bands that will be there just make it even better! Cannot wait to go this year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 20:03

Open Arms - oops Guy!
Back to top Go down
Project571
little beast
little beast
Project571

Male Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 20:20

Thought that was a brilliant show enjoyed it more than Glaso.
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 20:35

Great gig, good to see a mainly young crowd, well into it as well, better sound on TV than Glasto,
Guy, concentrate on your singing mate, don't worry about waving all the way thru,you look like you're washing a car. Jupp brilliant, as ever.

Last edited by Icen on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 21:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 21:13

Really enjoyed that and the sound was excellent!
Teehee! I've noticed a few times before that Guy seems to struggle with the opening lines of 'Open Arms' a bit! Razz
Back to top Go down
Icen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 21:38

Muse......one of those bands I feel i should like, lots of my friends like 'em.....I've tried, but I hate everything about them, from their stupid custom mic stands to their pompous seriousness to their crappy overplayed emotionless songs.

They get right on my tits.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest....

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 06:53

I must say though, I thought Guy absolutely nailed Lippy Kids - a beautiful and faultless performance.
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 10:14

A stunningly good performance in the cherished sunset slot: Headliners next time out? Jupp's reaction to Guy's miscue was classic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 11:13

Headliners.
Definitely!
Currently watching it again- loving Sky+ !!!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 11:51

Yup, a cracking performance. Going out of the festival season on a high; way to go.

For anyone who didn't catch it, here's the iplayer link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0147pmt/Reading_and_Leeds_Festival_2011_Elbow/
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 13:17

Ahh I'm re-living it all now, they were amazing. Smile Guy was slightly more chatty at Leeds, making sure everyone in the crowd was looking after each other, and he touched on Lippy Kids being released on the same day of the riots.

(EDIT: Although I see they've cut most of the banter between songs out of the Reading footage anyways, bah.)

Queen Ali - pretty sure I saw you come over the barriers in Leeds during Friendly Fires, hope you were ok!

(EDIT 2: You can spot me at 38:04 as the tiny shape clinging on to the front barrier to the left (as you're looking at it) of the tall guy in a grey t-shirt with long yellow sleeves. It was squishy!)
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 14:16

I wondered where the banter was - I thought he might have been in a strop or something. Kim - I did try to find you, but to no avail!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 14:26

Oh you were there ticky!! Next time let's make sure we have each other's number so we can meet up. Very Happy Did you have fun?

EDIT: You clearly mean you tried to spot me in the crowd, d'oh.
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 21:06

Wow, that was stunning, I didn't really want to go, having a hangover and having missed the bands i wanted to see early because there was no way I was getting out of bed, but I'm glad I went. OK there was no pre SSK material, but they nailed it. Yes, a bit too much of the arm waving stuff, which the crowd didn't actually need encouraging to do, but it was beautiful. Faith restored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 00:55

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 08:23

Queen Ali wrote:
Blimey, well spotted! Yeah, I had to be pulled out a few songs in, gutted I didn't last but I was soaked, freezing cold and got so badly squished during Enter Shikari that I was physically retching (sorry if that was a bit graphic Laughing ). Worst barrier I've ever been on, in my humble opinion!

I was on the far left front barrier for Leeds, under the screen. Yeah it was pretty miserable weather-wise and having been front centre for Enter Shikari in Reading I can fully appreciate what you mean! I finally got myself on the barrier in Reading after Friendly Fires but was totally squashed in between two big guys, and I only lasted until Citizen Erased from Muse's set (and being kicked in the head several times by crowdsurfers) before I decided I'd had enough. Though there's nothing quite like having just been in the pit to make you really appreciate the space and the view that you get from standing much further back.

Queen Ali wrote:
On a happier note, thoroughly enjoyed both shows - perhaps preferred Leeds a little more, but that might have been due to where we were standing (at the back of the GC, clear view of the stage). Reading was special as my best friend from NY was there and it was her first time seeing the boys live! She spent the whole of Lippy Kids sobbing, bless her heart.

Hope she had a fantastic time! Very Happy

Queen Ali wrote:
Also, did anyone else hear some bloke bellowing "GUY GARVEY IS A MAN BEAST!" during Grounds For Divorce at Leeds? Couldn't stop laughing!

Haha, totally missed that!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 12:23

Saw the set, as MrW pointed out, loved Jupp's reaction to Guy fluffing the opening to 'Open Arms'.......another great set, though no 'Great Expectations', however that's not unexpected judging by their festival setlists.

Heart warming to see such a magnificent reaction from the crowd - Garvey's now a master at this.
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 17:23

missed this, but glad to have caught up with it.... brill !
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 19:04

Fab fab set wasn't it - and the Elboys in flying form!
Was this the entire set or are there some songs missing?
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 19:52

That's most of it. Think the only one that's not on the beeb footage is Mirrorball which was after Bones Of You.

Wait... no, just going back through it now and Mirrorball is there. I think that's everything! It was only the banter that was cut out then.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 21:25

Thanks Kim!
Shame though... I love the banter! I love you Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading & Leeds Festival   Reading & Leeds Festival - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading & Leeds Festival
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2