elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

George Lassoos The Moon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

George Lassoos The Moon Empty
PostSubject: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 10:28

Howdy guys.

Recently, I heard from several friends of mine that George Lassoos The Moon is one of the best Elbow songs ever. However, considering the rarity of the song--aren't there, at most, 50 CDs containing the EP?--I've been feeling hesitant to believe there are sites on the internet that can actually offer me the original version of the song for download.

So, my question is this: being the Elbow veterans that you are, can one of you direct me to a version of the song that you can confirm to be the original version? There are a few youtube videos that claim to have it--I just want it on good authority that said track is actually from the EP.

Thanks, guys.

(There were two 'o's, right?)
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 19:37

I think there are two versions, one of which came with the delux Asleep in the Back set it's a live version and spelt George Lassoes the Moon. I'm sure someone will be of more help by saying what's the original version!
Back to top Go down
Kiresg
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 21:44

As far as I've researched, it seems this version is the original. Someone posted a thread a while back that helped me determine this.

It doesn't help that every file of this version that I can find on the internet (in almost every case, to purchase for only 20 cents) starts halfway into the first piano chord, ruining the beginning of the track.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 09:20

Sarah wrote:
I think there are two versions, one of which came with the delux Asleep in the Back set it's a live version and spelt George Lassoes the Moon. I'm sure someone will be of more help by saying what's the original version!

strictly speaking there are three official versions I know of:
the original from the Noisebox (6:37 mins, vocals especially on the ending, before the soft part starts very emotional, almost like close to tears!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbtzo_6cIIo

the version from the Any Day Now EP (brown sleeve) (5:50 mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9zt9uALXUs

and the live version on the Deluxe Asleep without the soft part with the guitarsolo in the ending.
Hope this helps you
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Bennington
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bennington

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 19:26

I must say I was quite gutted that the orginal version of GLtM wasn't on the Deluxe version of Asleep in the back. Why cut it? WHY!? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://thexilexile.co.nr
citizen
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 13:28

i was able to find a used-like new cd copy of the any day now ep on discogs for a good price, there are other copies available but i have never seen the noisebox ep there for sale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Lassoos The Moon   George Lassoos The Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

George Lassoos The Moon
Page 1 of 1