elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the general age range of Elbow fans?

Go down 
+37
Molly
Toot
ElbowFreak
Tom.D
albutch
Cestriansteve
seamiedev
OllieCT
Open arms
Mr Woman
JMN
Lynne
LikeACloudOfStarlings
Bennington
NeonChoir
tonywild
Glendarian
AyannaD
Eag
nellie
Niftium
WOBLEwoble
The Final Track
ChrissieInFL
leespoons
CrisalidaBoy
Misspelt Yoof
fadeupyoursmile
ukkonen
TamedLamia
My Bury Vest
Hotblack
HattyMarris
ticky
Dano
mrswoman
Kayleigh
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
Kayleigh

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-10-06

What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Empty
PostSubject: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 21:47

I know it doesn't matter really but I get so much grief off of people when I talk about Elbow, especially my friends who ususally say things along the lines of "they're crap" and "how can you listen to them they're boring and depressing"

smh

I'm 21 by the way, are there any other fans my age, i'm sure there are.

I hate the fact that there are people who don't get Elbow, it's not fair.

Oh well they are the ones missing out!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 23:13

Hi Kayleigh, I'm in my forties, but it happens at any age.

A few years ago, a younger workmate who was more into generic chart stuff said pretty much the same dismissive thing about Elbow and Coldplay. Lo and behold two years on she was chuffed to bits because her OH was taking her (willingly!) to a Coldplay gig. About now, she should be graduating to the 'bow. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Dano
friend of ours
friend of ours
Dano

Male Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 00:49

I'm 27.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 09:43

Well I'm 48, but my daughter is a huge fan and she's 16 (we'll be the ones right at the front at the CIA!) Wink
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:10

I'm 18 and i don't know anybody else around my age who likes them either
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 10:32

I'm 46 but at gigs I've seen ages ranging from teens to sixty year olds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:17

I'm 39 and there's, I'd say, 5 or 6 of my close friends that would buy their latest album and gig tickets, all ranging from mid to late 30's.....2 of them have loved em since TSSK, the rest of us since AITB.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 12:26

I am 42 but still 16 inside.
When I was 21 I was into hairmetal, but also I adored (and still do so) Pink Floyd, Genesis, Peter Gabriel and a lot more stuff that was absolutely not from my generation who was listening to German New Wave and New Romantic Stuff Rolling Eyes
If I would have listen to a track like "Any day now" then I'm sure I would have like it because it would have remind me then yet on early PF and early Genesis...

Don't let the people around you bring you down. I've been through this in school and still it is not easy to find a radiostation that does not annoy me with plastic pop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 02:11

Their entire age range is completely scattered, because they're not the sort of band that strictly attracts one age group like a lot of popular bands. I've been a fan since my early 20s and I'm 26 now. However, I live in the States and locating other fans in the same region is tricky. I've received many laughs when people ask the name of the band I'm listening to, but it means nothing to me. Chances are your friends have only heard one track and have based their opinion strictly on that one song, without realizing that their sound changes constantly.

Guy said it best about the Elbow fan base:
"We tend to keep our fans. And they tend to be music lovers. We get a lot of couples. But we also get a lot of smart kids."

I'd also add that a large percentage of their actual fan base (not the ones who strictly love GFD, ODLT, etc.) have the tendency to be album people.
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
Kayleigh

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 14:31

Thanks for the replies guys, you're all awesome for liking Elbow by the way lol

I'm so grateful to the internet for allowing me to communicate with fellow Elbow fans across the globe!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 15:01

Kayleigh wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys, you're all awesome for liking Elbow by the way lol

I'm so grateful to the internet for allowing me to communicate with fellow Elbow fans across the globe!

Nice one Kayleigh - it's a class forum, ideal when you want to escape the cold and be in your 'comfort zone', enhanced by Richard Hawley in my ears at the moment !
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 21:57

27, into them since Asleep in the Back, i think there's quite a few of us "In for the long run" fans!
Back to top Go down
Misspelt Yoof
tower crane driver
tower crane driver

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 08:12

Sarah wrote:
27, into them since Asleep in the Back
This.

I'd guess I was 17 the first time I saw them. As a teenager it was probably 'cooler' to like them then than it is now though!
Back to top Go down
CrisalidaBoy
fallen angel
fallen angel
CrisalidaBoy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 22:31

I'm 17, I see I'm one of the youngest. People of my age doesn't really listen to Elbow's kind of music, so they don't know Elbow. Specially here, in Spain, where people doesn't speak English fluently... they only listen to national bands and mainstream stuff - which is usually shit.

I feel lucky cause I really love the bands I listen to, and I don't know... I feel quite British. And I love that!
Back to top Go down
leespoons
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
leespoons

Male Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec 2010, 23:17

35. I'm convinced I would've loved them at 17 though.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010, 15:27

Lee Spoons wrote:
35. I'm convinced I would've loved them at 17 though.

Same here! Well, the "would've loved them at 17" bit. Unfortunately, I'm 42, not 35... Razz
Back to top Go down
The Final Track
friend of ours
friend of ours
The Final Track

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Jan 2011, 16:54

15, I guess that makes me one of the youngest.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Jan 2011, 23:49

i was 61 yesterday - does that make me the eldest? Feel like 16 when I listen and watch Guy !!

Can't wait to see them again - got three tickets on their way. Will be rushing to the barrier.
Back to top Go down
Niftium
little beast
little beast

Male Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 16:40

27. First heard AITB in college, grabbed that and COT at a local used music store, then anxiously awaited the release of LOTFW. I still remember walking back from the mail room on the day it showed up. Needless to say, I was pretty hooked.

But with that said, I've never met another person who listens to the boys, barring the fellow concertgoers in Chicago a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Jan 2011, 23:48

Well I'm 40 now and loved them fo a few years as does my 8 year old son, obviously he heard them through me but he tells people he is an Elbow fan-has a t-shirt and everything!
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 02:01

Is anyone making a tally of this for an Elbow Room Census?

For the record, I'm 23, as is Mrs Eag. I go back to the release of COT, and she shortly after, and I think we'd both have Elbow tabbed as our favourite band pretty much since then.
Back to top Go down
AyannaD
little beast
little beast

Female Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Jan 2011, 02:17

I'm 42 and discovered Elbow during my 30's.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 10:47

Just turned 47 which is also around the 10th anniversary of me getting AITB (or is it the 9th? - it was my birthday, depends exactly when it was released. A good chunk of time anyways).

I love the comments along the lines of "I would have liked them when I was 17". If they'd been around when I was anything from 12 upwards I know I'd have been into them. Smile
Back to top Go down
tonywild
newborn
newborn
tonywild

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jan 2011, 19:26

Im 52 been into them since they supported Muse in 2003
and Im never the oldest at Gigs nor do I try to be the youngest !!!
Back to top Go down
NeonChoir
friend of ours
friend of ours
NeonChoir

Female Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 01:32

Holy crap, I'm actually one of the youngest people on here. Shocked As I'm one of the oldest members on the main forum I've visited for the past (almost) two years, this is completely different.

I turn 21 next month, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the general age range of Elbow fans?   What's the general age range of Elbow fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the general age range of Elbow fans?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next