elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What tracks will Elbow play?

Go down 
+13
Glendarian
ChrissieInFL
Kayleigh
Lynne
errant
fadeupyoursmile
Mr Woman
Jones
MagicalTrevor
TheDrunkenEngineer
My Bury Vest
ticky
@MrIanGibson
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
@MrIanGibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
@MrIanGibson

Male Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-09-26

What tracks will Elbow play? Empty
PostSubject: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 09:25

When Elbow set out to rock the nation in March we are all assuming their new material will be played, but which tracks from previous albums would you like to hear? I'd like to hear:

Mirrorball
Fallen Angel
Forget Myself

Oh, I could go on! Looking forward to March
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mriangibson
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:51

Powder Blue, Grace, Great Expectations, Station Approach (even though they did it last time), MacGreggor - I could go on...
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 15:34

Asleep In The Back, August and September, Great Expectations, Hotel Istanbul, Can't Stop.....
Back to top Go down
TheDrunkenEngineer
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-11

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 18:33

I'd love to see Coming Second again, blew my mind on the Asleep tour.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 18:55

Missing Fugitive Motel here quite a lot
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 22:36

McGreggor

Weather to Fly What tracks will Elbow play? Love0001
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 13:41

Fugitive Motel for me, too. I would have suggested Switching Off and Powder Blue, as well, but I'm happy to have seen the Halle versions.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeSat 13 Nov 2010, 21:32

MagicalTrevor wrote:
Missing Fugitive Motel here quite a lot
YES! Although if they play it this tour, and i'm not there... Hmmm!
I'd like to hear more (Or any!) of Cast of... That means Grace too!
Back to top Go down
errant
friend of ours
friend of ours
errant

Male Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 14:21

My Bury Vest wrote:
Asleep In The Back, August and September, Great Expectations, Hotel Istanbul, Can't Stop.....

Have they ever played that live? I'd love it if they did...
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 14:58

Which one do you mean errant?
August and September? (actually I'd looooooove to hear them do that!)
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 15 Nov 2010, 19:27

I'd love to hear The The do it live, even less chance of that Sad
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010, 17:34

Don't mix your drinks is a favourite of mine and Mirrorball I adore, makes me melt!! Getting excited at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 19:28

MagicalTrevor wrote:
I'd love to hear The The do it live, even less chance of that Sad

Yea, not gonna happen...

Would you settle for Elbow doing it?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Nov 2010, 19:30

Hell yes!
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
Kayleigh

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 21:41

Well i've never seen them live before soo whatever they play I am excited to hear!!!!

Grace Under Pressure is one of my favourite songs though, so would love to hear that live!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 04:31

Kayleigh wrote:
Well i've never seen them live before soo whatever they play I am excited to hear!!!!

Grace Under Pressure is one of my favourite songs though, so would love to hear that live!

Kayleigh, I was lucky enough to hear them do Grace Under Pressure the first time I saw them live, which was April 2008. And that was one of the songs I'd most wanted to hear! I'd seen video on YouTube of their performance at Glastonbury in 2004, and it had been so cool to see and hear the crowd all chanting along with my favorite part (see my avatar if you're not sure which one I mean!). I always felt jealous of those folks in the crowd, and it was awesome to have the chance to be part of a Grace Under Pressure singalong at my show.

They didn't play it the second time I saw them, which was last August, and I'm a little worried now that maybe Grace is being replaced by One Day Like This, since that's the big crowd-pleasing, singalong anthem they're known for now. Hope they'll find room to bring Grace Under Pressure back in sometimes, though, as it is a magnificent tune to hear live. And hopefully you'll get it at your show! Smile
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 09:47

Apart from the obvious "can't wait to hear lots of stuff from the new album" Wink I totally second MacGreggor - I missed the tour where they played it live and from the vids I've seen it must be amazing. I agree with Can't Stop as well - would so love to see that live. I always ask for Whisper Grass in dream sets like this but it will probably never happen. I can dream. Yes, happy memories of Fugitive Motel, bring it on.

Basically a nice mix of old and new, dreamy and rocking out. It will just be good to see them again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:00

Forgot to say, never, never, NEVER drop Newborn from the set!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Bennington
fallen angel
fallen angel
Bennington

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 19:21

George Lasso's the moon? Or is that being too unrealistic? XD

To be honest, anything from the Asleep in the Back era. But especially epic songs like GLtM or comming second. Fugitive Motel is a must aswell.

How many song do they play in a full set nowadays??
Back to top Go down
http://thexilexile.co.nr
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 19:43

McGreggor would be good...
Back to top Go down
HattyMarris
friend of ours
friend of ours
HattyMarris

Male Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2010-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 20:07

I'd love it if they played Mexican Standoff
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh
little beast
little beast
Kayleigh

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 16:40

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Kayleigh wrote:

Kayleigh, I was lucky enough to hear them do Grace Under Pressure the first time I saw them live, which was April 2008. And that was one of the songs I'd most wanted to hear! I'd seen video on YouTube of their performance at Glastonbury in 2004, and it had been so cool to see and hear the crowd all chanting along with my favorite part (see my avatar if you're not sure which one I mean!). I always felt jealous of those folks in the crowd, and it was awesome to have the chance to be part of a Grace Under Pressure singalong at my show.

They didn't play it the second time I saw them, which was last August, and I'm a little worried now that maybe Grace is being replaced by One Day Like This, since that's the big crowd-pleasing, singalong anthem they're known for now. Hope they'll find room to bring Grace Under Pressure back in sometimes, though, as it is a magnificent tune to hear live. And hopefully you'll get it at your show! Smile

omg that sounds so awesome!

I really hope they sing it, really really hope!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 17:55

tbh, I got a little sick of 'Grace', culminating with the last time i heard them play it at Delamere Forest, when a notably pissed John Bramwel (of I Am Kloot)l didn't know the song so began shouting 'Grace! Grace!' into the mic.

Happy with ODLT though, but I am suspectful of a new sing-a-long anthem on BARB.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 18:47

Didn't Pete tweet something recently about having to go on YouTube to re-acquaint himself with some of the old songs?
Might be a good sign! (Well, for those of us who are keen on hearing some of the old stuff! I love you )
Back to top Go down
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Feb 2011, 19:16

yeah its gonna be an interesting set list i'm sure !
presuming they will want to play some of the new stuff - and there is a huge list of
potential 'older' stuff to choose from. I'm also wondering what will all fit well together
and not sure if i want a 'best of' kinda show or not. The fact its big venues leads me to wonder
whether the bigger tunes will take precedent - but knowing elbow I would still hope
for a less obvious choice..... who knows - will find out 5 weeks tomorrow Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tracks will Elbow play?   What tracks will Elbow play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tracks will Elbow play?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next