elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]

Go down 
+29
Eag
sparky
MagicalTrevor
emma
Cestriansteve
ukkonen
Bright Grey
Glendarian
Leo
Stockhaus
Lynne
Jones
thisismusic
oneofthethree
newborn
mrswoman
TamedLamia
Misspelt Yoof
My Bury Vest
nellie
negative8ball
ChrissyBoy
ChrissieInFL
lucky with disease
ticky
fadeupyoursmile
LongLegs
leespoons
a5quared
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 19:59

Firebrand told me it was shipped on 29th Oct. Still waiting. Postal strike?? Or was that over. Or maybe it is still a long way from the island to boring ol' Germany....
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Nov 2009, 23:29

Am so excited, my copy turned up today in the post. Just waiting for the right time to open and look and listen. It's very quiet with Elbow out of the spotlight at the moment. It's not even been two months yet since the MEN gig.

Going to put by an hour or two by tomorrow while the kids and other half are out of my hair. Life just doesn't get any better!
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Nov 2009, 15:33

TamedLamia wrote:
Firebrand told me it was shipped on 29th Oct. Still waiting. Postal strike?? Or was that over. Or maybe it is still a long way from the island to boring ol' Germany....

We've had a postal strike here so it might take a bit longer than normal.
Back to top Go down
allyngibson
friend of ours
friend of ours
allyngibson

Male Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Nov 2009, 18:37

I just got mine today from Amazon UK.

For anyone in North America who's curious about the DVD, it's encoded Region 0, and it plays fine. I didn't have to pull out one of my multiregion players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.allyngibson.net/
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Nov 2009, 22:02

Mine arrived at the weekend. Watched the DVD. Kinda like the Cast of Thousands-DVD, some nice videos some boring stuff.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Nov 2009, 17:46

TamedLamia wrote:
Mine arrived at the weekend. Watched the DVD. Kinda like the Cast of Thousands-DVD, some nice videos some boring stuff.

I loved the Cast of Thousands DVD, is more like watching a movie; this one, I went straight for 'play all' when I got it, and fell asleep during one of the many looped projections, only to wake up when it had finished and had got to the audio, so there was nothing moving -there was me thinking the DVD was faulty, till I rewound.
I then managed to see the ends of the videos, where the linking short clips were, by fast forwarding through all the looped repeats to the more interesting bits...didn't manage to see any that I recognised as the Astoria.
Liked the 'Asleep in the back' video, and the backstage playing of 'Don't Mix...' best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009, 20:57

Still I don't get why they give us only the shortened live version of George.... Sad
I know and have the full versions but it would be nice to have it official.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 20:24

I haven't watched the DVD yet. We've got the South Bank Show tonight, the interview and MEN concert on Absolute next week and then nothing for a good while - I'm saving the DVD for when I need an elbow-boost and treat.

Am I completely barking? Laughing
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 22:04

Sounds like a sensible plan, Hilary. It'll be tricky not going into deep withdrawal after two Sundays running of distilled 'bow goodness. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Moultyx
newborn
newborn
Moultyx

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011, 12:38

I promised Rich, sitting in a church seat years ago, that I'd keep writing about music and that when he made it big I'd be one of millions in the bands corner when they took on the world. I promised him that whatever I wrote, I'd send to him.

In 2009 I started the elbow project on my website. The other 3 have been lost, stolen, re-written or are on there way.

Here's the first one...
http://bit.ly/elbowasleep

A promise is a promise, after all. Simon xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.giventosound.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]   Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4