elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Noisebox EP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: The Noisebox EP   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 14:06

So - I think this is probably one of the only discs I'm still missing (yes, I have digital files)... but I figured I'd throw this out to the masses here... is this really as rare as I've heard (50 copies)? Are there bootlegs (ie: pressed, well produced fakes) floating around?

I remember seeing one on eBay a little over a year ago sell for around $50US... which seems ludicrously cheap now (I didn't have the $$ at the time, a regret I'm STILL kicking myself for)...

I guess what I'm asking is this: are there seriously only 50 copies? Does anyone here HAVE one? And if so - can it be proven which ones are legit (if bootlegs exist)?

Lastly - does anyone know if LOSSLESS files from this are available anywhere (I'd think the band should get a pay site with lossless FLAC files of this kind of stuff up somewhere)?

Thanks all...
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Noisebox EP   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 16:02

negative8ball wrote:
...are there seriously only 50 copies? Does anyone here HAVE one? And if so - can it be proven which ones are legit (if bootlegs exist)?

Lastly - does anyone know if LOSSLESS files from this are available anywhere (I'd think the band should get a pay site with lossless FLAC files of this kind of stuff up somewhere)?

Thanks all...

Hi, I don't have the EP but below, is taken from part of an old discussion from 2006

Quote :
The only real way you'd be able to tell if it's genuine is to look at the actual CD and inserts, and also to have seen an original ie: is the printing on the inserts sharp as in from a printer, or photocopied? Are the inserts proper CD inserts and not the photocopy or scan/print cut out from an A4 sheet? (Of course the original could've been made just as cheaply, complicating things even more!)

On the web there was a picture of a non-numbered version which has the printing directly on the CD - at the time this would've been a bit rare outside of a CD production company, whereas anyone could run a paper label through a laser printer and print the tracklist etc on, 'professionally'. CDs on ebay could be genuine but could just as easily be a fake, if it has the cover of the non-numbered version but with a printed label on the CD. You won't know until you actually had it in your hands. Maybe a good question to ask any seller where they got it.

Noisebox was put on the Elbow/V2 website for free download when Elbow first became successful, apparently because some fakes started appearing on ebay and the like. The links used to be on an old Noisebox thread which has disappeared.

and... £80-odd is the cheapest I've seen it go for. I've seen it go, on ebay, for £200 and £150, heard how difficult it was to find out if it was a genuine cd or not, and that someone said their copy had deteriorated.</FONT>

me... am still hoping for the b-sides and rarities album release, that was being planned before they left V2, or, yes, a band pay site of best quality sound for the hard to get early stuff is also an idea, as I do love those original versions of those songs too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
negative8ball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-31

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Noisebox EP   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 18:22

Thanks - I did a search but didn't turn up that gem... appreciate your taking the time to point me to it.

Then - if this ISN'T officially available anywhere, I guess the second (slightly more selfish question) is whether anyone here has a lossless copy they'd want to share LOL!

Regardless - thanks... and I agree... some sort of collection - or even a re-issue of the pre-V2 stuff would be nice. A 10th anniversary edition sort of thing (though I guess they missed that by a year hehe) LOL!
Back to top Go down
a5quared
fallen angel
fallen angel
a5quared

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-05-14

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set)   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 12:23

negative8ball wrote:
Thanks - I did a search but didn't turn up that gem... appreciate your taking the time to point me to it.

Then - if this ISN'T officially available anywhere, I guess the second (slightly more selfish question) is whether anyone here has a lossless copy they'd want to share LOL!

Regardless - thanks... and I agree... some sort of collection - or even a re-issue of the pre-V2 stuff would be nice. A 10th anniversary edition sort of thing (though I guess they missed that by a year hehe) LOL!

We won't have to wait that long: Asleep In The Back (Deluxe Edition Set) [CD+DVD]

And here is the full tracklisting:

Disc One

1. Any Day Now
  2. Red
  3. Little Beast
  4. Powder Blue
  5. Bitten By The Tail Fly
  6. Asleep In The Back
  7. Newborn
  8. Don't Mix Your Drinks
  9. Presuming Ed
  10. Coming Second
  11. Can't Stop
  12. Scattered Black And Whites

Disc Two

1. Powder Blue (Noisebox EP Version)
  2. Red (Noisebox EP Version)
  3. Theme From Munroe Kelly (Noizebox EP Version)
  4. Can't Stop (Noisebox EP Version)
  5. Bitten By The Tail Fly (Live At The Astoria)
  6. Coming Second (Live At The Astoria)
  7. Don't Mix Your Drinks (Live At The Astoria) 8. Can't Stop (Live At The Astoria)
  8. Scattered Black And Whites (Live At The Astoria)
  9. George Lassoes The Moon (Live At The Astoria)
  10. Newborn (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)
  11. Don't Mix Your Drinks (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)
  12. Red (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)

Disc Three

1. Any Day Now (Previously Unreleased Video)
  2. Red (Previously Unreleased Video)
  3. Little Beast (Previously Unreleased Video)
  4. Powder Blue (Previously Unreleased Video)
  5. Bitten By The Tail Fly (Previously Unreleased Video)
  6. Asleep In The Back (Previously Unreleased Video)
  7. Newborn (Previously Unreleased Video)
  8. Don't Mix Your Drinks (Previously Unreleased Video)
  9. Presuming Ed (Rest Easy) (Previously Unreleased Video)
  10. Coming Second (Previously Unreleased Video)
  11. Can't Stop (Previously Unreleased Video)
  12. Scattered Black And Whites (Previously Unreleased Video)
  13. Powder Blue (Noisebox EP Version)
  14. Red (Noisebox EP Version)
  15. Theme From Munroe Kelly (Noizebox EP Version)
  16. Can't Stop (Noisebox EP Version)
  17. Bitten By The Tail Fly (Live At The Astoria)
  18. Coming Second (Live At The Astoria)
  19. Don't Mix Your Drinks (Live At The Astoria)
  20. Can't Stop (Live At The Astoria)
  21. Scattered Black And Whites (Live At The Astoria)
  22. George Lassoes The Moon (Live At The Astoria)
  23. Newborn (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)
  24. Don't Mix Your Drinks (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)
  25. Red (Radio 1 Lamacq Session Previously Unreleased)

I think that release is worth a new topic, yours to decide. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/a5quared
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Noisebox EP   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 13:13

New topic please!
Any news on dates!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Noisebox EP Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Noisebox EP   The Noisebox EP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Noisebox EP
Page 1 of 1