elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?

Go down 
+9
Lynne
My Bury Vest
ticky
heshofcheese
nellie
lucky with disease
Jones
fadeupyoursmile
newborn
13 posters
AuthorMessage
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Empty
PostSubject: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 20:40

What would you like to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?
At some of the recent gigs, the strings have dabbled with some of the less frequently played songs, and some of these songs have also made the odd appearance with the band which makes me wonder...are these going to be played with the Halle?
I would really love them to play Picky Bugger (my favourite and hopefullly a possibility!), Red and probably very very unlikely, George Lassoes the Moon.
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 20:53

i'm bracing myself to be pissed off with what i've missed.
I want Grace back on the set list, a sing along i can really get behind! But Picky bugger and George would break my heart if i missed them. Hearing Any day now made the last gig, so i would say Crawling with Idiot or Asleep in the Back... Screw it, Asleep in the Back would make my life.
I'll be crushed (!?) if they play it and i miss it!
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:14

Weather to Fly
Weather to Fly
Weather to Fly
Razz
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 11:03

In the Citylife article it says Weather to Fly orchestral arrangement is finishing the first half before the interval, so you WILL be hearing that Jones Smile not sure if 3x though.

I daren't even hope what Elbow songs Joe Duddell has decided to arrange, it'll be my first time seeing The Halle.

Think of Elbow melodies in particular that have had orchestral sounds in that have been crying out to be played live with a real orchestra!

The Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Concert was really rather special, with the choir and arrangements, so i'm trying to curb my imagination as to what this is going to be like.

I'll say after if I heard any that I imagined...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 11:16

lucky with disease wrote:
In the Citylife article it says Weather to Fly orchestral arrangement is finishing the first half before the interval, so you WILL be hearing that Jones Smile not sure if 3x though.

lol!
' Think I was just getting a bit carried away by my wishful thinking!
Just saw the article as well and I am absolutely made up!
Can't wait to hear it but sad to see it's finishing the first half... (it means the night is already half over Sad )

I'm also trying to imagine which other songs they'll be doing, there's so many suitable ones!
Also, it says "...songs from all four albums..." so I can't wait to hear something from Cast of Thousands.

Well, whatever they'll play, I reckon it will be mind-blowing and that we'll be pleasantly surprised! cheers
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 13:06

Its 'Asleep in the back' for me, I listen to it at least once a day, just love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 16:13

Yep, same here, Asleep In The Back all the way for me.

.....and Switching Off, Great Expectations and Friend Of Ours..something off all four albums in fact!

And what about non album tracks like McGreggor, Loss and George Lassoes The Moon?

If they do any of these I'll be so happy for all of you who are lucky enough to be going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 16:31

If they play Whisper Grass... I'll cry!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 16:38

I really don't care - everything will be excellent - but then again, Great Expectations would be fab! OOh Powder Blue as well AND i'd love Switching Off AND Not a Job. AND Crawling with Idiot . AND I've got your number AND AND AND Grace U P.......... geek
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 18:47

I feel sorry for you Ticky, having to sit beside me on Wed.
You can be sure I will become all emotional at Weather to Fly What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Smiley-sad010
You'll just have to try and ignore me!
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 20:02

There probably won't be a dry eye in the house! There seems to be one song that gets us all!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 07:37

Friend of Ours, Great Expectations, expect me to be carried out of the Hall, tissues in hand and an emotional wreck !!

I'm sure that whatever is played, it will be unbelievable. I'm already expecting it to be the gig of my life, just hope I'm not setting my sights too high ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 08:58

It really breaks my heart to read all these. I'm gutted I'm not going to be there (have resigned myself now).

Am glad for you lot though, only hope they will do some sort of recording to commemorate such a huge event even if it's just for those Elbowies like me who haven't got tickets.

Asleep in the back is one of my favs and also can't stop listening to Don't Mix your Drinks of late.

Enjoy everyone!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 11:18

Lynne - The touts are selling tickets at a greatly reduced price on ebay. Check it out - you never know.
Back to top Go down
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 11:42

Sarah wrote:
If they play Whisper Grass... I'll cry!

Just seen this thread. I'll cry, laugh, generally try not to p**s off everyone round me with excitement, if this one gets an airing... I totally agree with "George", think it would come across wonderfully, and like others just want to be surprised. Really looking forward to a mix from all 4 albums and hopefully a couple of b-sides too - some "surprises" were hinted at in the original publicity...

Oh, I can't wait now! Smile bounce
Back to top Go down
yesman
friend of ours
friend of ours
yesman

Male Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 19:24

I am sure whatever they decide to play will be awesome.

Glad they will be playing songs from their whole back catalogue.

Personally, it would be magic to hear them play Presuming Ed (Rest Easy) and My Very Best. Two of my faves but wont be too disappointed if they miss out as there are enough great songs to choose from.

Really looking forward to it .
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jul 2009, 11:17

Tower crane would sound great with a big orchestra like the Halle playing those big chords
Back to top Go down
Honorella
fallen angel
fallen angel
Honorella

Female Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jul 2009, 15:39

Great Expectations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?   What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you wnat to hear at the Bridgewater gigs?
Page 1 of 1