elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kasabian

Go down 
+8
newborn
WOBLEwoble
Kim
calypso
Jones
bluejayway
My Bury Vest
sundaygirl
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 22:47

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh, yours are sooo good!! But, yeah, it is strange. I did a search and couldn't find you either...maybe cos it's brand new? I still kind of new to flickr so don't know all the ins and outs yet.

I am impressed, deeply impressed by your excellent Tom photos. I found him annoyingly hard to shoot as he moved around so much.

Thanks v v much. Yeah he really is a fidgety thing, but I was kinda lucky that he would crouch or stand right over me. I think the photos were pretty good for a 5mp camera. I read up on why my photos can't be seen and apparently it takes a couple of days to appear in searches, so all I have to do now is wait. Also I really wanna bootleg of the gig. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:45

Serge is beautiful...but Tom is incredibly magnetic, especially on film. Did you know that he was going to be in Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette but had band commitments? Videos like Empire, Club Foot and Fire, they're like little films and I always wish they'd go on!!! I really love those videos. That look he gives the firing squad at the end of Empire is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 11:03

sundaygirl wrote:
Girls always try to push their way through and take your place....
............ I got there first, I waited in line, it's MY spot!

What I used to do (in my teenage years) is use my belt to attach myself to the front-barrier, so there was no budging me no matter how much pushing and shoving was going on!
In hindsight, probably not the wisest thing to do from a safety point of view but I didn't care at that stage!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 11:07

I just grabbed onto the barrier and clung on. The bitch put up a decent fight but in the end gave it up as a lost casue. I really really really hate that.

Girl Kasabian fans are the worst though (present company excluded). When I was waiting in line for their HMV show this horrible horrible girl in front of me let two of her friends cut in front of me and just ignored my protests. Then one of the horrible girl's friends grabbed the tamboiurine that Tom had handed to me out of my hand. The worst thing is that that horrible girl is in every live video I see of Kasabian, so it's like she haunts me. May she die, go to hell and listen to nothing but Lily Allen songs for all eternity.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 11:16

Kasabian - Page 2 3608568354_bfe8b7ef0b

drunken
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 13:10

Jones wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:
Girls always try to push their way through and take your place....
............ I got there first, I waited in line, it's MY spot!

What I used to do (in my teenage years) is use my belt to attach myself to the front-barrier, so there was no budging me no matter how much pushing and shoving was going on!
In hindsight, probably not the wisest thing to do from a safety point of view but I didn't care at that stage!

That's actually a great idea Jones. I may try that in the future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 13:18

sundaygirl wrote:
I just grabbed onto the barrier and clung on. The bitch put up a decent fight but in the end gave it up as a lost casue. I really really really hate that.

Girl Kasabian fans are the worst though (present company excluded). When I was waiting in line for their HMV show this horrible horrible girl in front of me let two of her friends cut in front of me and just ignored my protests. Then one of the horrible girl's friends grabbed the tamboiurine that Tom had handed to me out of my hand. The worst thing is that that horrible girl is in every live video I see of Kasabian, so it's like she haunts me. May she die, go to hell and listen to nothing but Lily Allen songs for all eternity.

Oh that's terrible! What a bunch of losers. People really have no idea how much being like that effects other fans Sad I agree that those girls burn in Dante's seventh circle of hell, whilst listening to something like Glasvegas or Little Boots or something more terrible.And yeah I'd heard about the Marie Antoinette film. I was kinda sad when I heard it, 'cause I'd love to see Tom in a different light, but then I saw the film and was quite glad he hadn't taken it....just terrible! Also my photos are still not in the searches scratch I have no patience but it would be nice for them to hurry up Razz
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 17:16

Hey, do you have Kasabian's excellent cover of David Bowie's Heroes? If not, here is the link to the download.

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=359&product=36536&sid=410713&trackid=392954
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 18:29

This thread hasn't got much opinion of Kasabian musically, so here goes. I have loved Kasabian since 2004, a wee 12 year old, after hearing Processed Beats. '04 was the year that I discovered loads of music from the Beatles, Stones, Nirvana, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Kinks and loads of not so great bands that I'm embarrassed to list. I thought they sounded so fresh and new, and some songs sounded like they were from the times of my heroes (listed above.) I then heard Cutt Off and it became my first single purchase. I would listen to it over and over. During that summer I brought the album and fell in love with it. As I grew up so did Kasabian's sound and approach to lyric writing (in my opinion due to Karloff's departure.) Empire marked a new era and the video captured my imagination. This is the time when others also began to notice them and we would dream of one day see them. The introduction of Ian was a great thing for them, him being one of the most underrated drummers ever. Admittedly I didn't buy the album until this year and only heard it in full last year, but it made me fall in love again, they're influences, specifically the Stones, shining through. Then this year when NME told me a new single was being released on their site I immediately went and watched the video. I was simply blown away. It sounded like nothing I'd ever heard from any band. I downloaded soon after and discovered they were playing locally. I played the song to my best mate the next day and she loved it. Well the ticket story is on another thread, but all I can say is that I was so lucky to get the last two tickets after some brilliant person returned them. Then various leaks on the internet provided me with an insight onto their new album. I brought it the day it came out, opting for the bloody expensive version, but alas no regrets. The albums sound and the story of the making of it captured my imagination, a feat only a few bands have given me (Elbow and the Manics being just two examples) Well it took me 5 years but I finally saw them last Thursday and in plain terms it was the best experience of my life. I just wanna thank all of the members for 5 years of life changing music and for you for reading (that's if you still are Razz ) Apologies for the long rant, but it had to be aired.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 18:36

Oh, well said! And ditto!!!
You know what I love about the new CD (and this ties with something Guy said) is that it is a complete album. Eacah song segways seamlesly into the next. And Serge had said, like Guy, that the art of the album is dying - now that you can download individual tracts without getting the whole picture. To me WRLA is a masterpiece. Stunning, imaginative and beautiful. I wrote a review of it on amazon and it's still the second more "useful" review on the list, which I am sadly and ridiculously very pleased about.

I agree with you - with every album they grow and matrue. They are a stunning band (and dishy too, which is always a plus in my book.)

xx
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 18:37

sundaygirl wrote:
Hey, do you have Kasabian's excellent cover of David Bowie's Heroes? If not, here is the link to the download.

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=359&product=36536&sid=410713&trackid=392954

Yeah it's bloody great, but I've never downloaded it. Thanks v much.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 18:41

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh, well said! And ditto!!!
You know what I love about the new CD (and this ties with something Guy said) is that it is a complete album. Eacah song segways seamlesly into the next. And Serge had said, like Guy, that the art of the album is dying - now that you can download individual tracts without getting the whole picture. To me WRLA is a masterpiece. Stunning, imaginative and beautiful. I wrote a review of it on amazon and it's still the second more "useful" review on the list, which I am sadly and ridiculously very pleased about.

I agree with you - with every album they grow and matrue. They are a stunning band (and dishy too, which is always a plus in my book.)

xx

Omg so right. The album is complete and nice circle shape, and I love the concept behind it. As I stated in my rant that the story behind the making of it captured my imagination, that all the songs are part of the asylum. Album art is brilliant and WRPLA has the best album art I've seen for a long time. WIZ and Noel Fielding did a great job. Oh and yeah, Serge is simply lush, one of the best looking men in music, great cheek bones. I thought Tom was quite fit in Empire, but that's about it Razz And Ian and Chris are just really cute.
Back to top Go down
calypso
fallen angel
fallen angel
calypso

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 15:13

I'm going to see them in November in Manchester!

Can't believe this forum..it has ALL my favourite bands on as well as Elbow..fab!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 17:03

I'm seeing them too!!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 19:55

Oh you two are so lucky. They aren't playing anywhere near enough for me to go Sad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 19:56

They'll be back!! And if they come back to Manchester you'rll just have to come up and stay with me...
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:01

I really really need to listen to the last 2 albums... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:02

Each album is better than the last...
Back to top Go down
calypso
fallen angel
fallen angel
calypso

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:05

Kasabian (2004) is one of the albums I have to listen to from start to finish, I love Clubfoot!

have not heard Heroes by them so nice one.. Cool

Sunday Girl - took me 4 hours to get the tickets!!! see you there!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:06

I loved Clubfoot especially because it was used in the trailers for Serenity!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:12

calypso wrote:
Kasabian (2004) is one of the albums I have to listen to from start to finish, I love Clubfoot!

have not heard Heroes by them so nice one.. Cool

Sunday Girl - took me 4 hours to get the tickets!!! see you there!

4 hours!?!?!?! I thought I had it tough. I was all set, thought I was prepared and it took me 30 minutes to even get through and then by that time all standing sold out so got a seat Neutral but at least it's good one. But still.

But GOD it was hard geting those bloody tickets!! I thought I was going to die.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:13

Oh, glad you got the Heores download. It's ace isn't it? Kim, did you see it? I posted a link.
Back to top Go down
calypso
fallen angel
fallen angel
calypso

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:15

The site kept crashing!! but am now made up I have my tickets.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:19

Heroes download? What is it? Question
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:25

You're getting it soon...patience....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kasabian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kasabian
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next