elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kasabian

Go down 
+8
newborn
WOBLEwoble
Kim
calypso
Jones
bluejayway
My Bury Vest
sundaygirl
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2009, 18:40

For all you Kasabian fans - tickets go on sale this Friday for their big UK tour this fall. Manchester MEN November 2Oth.

bounce
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 08:53

Hey Sunday Girl. Well I'm glad I'm at the Academy as i think you are, tonight, should be a rowdy and raucous evening !! After watching them on TV at Glasto I can't wait. First time for me aswell !!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 08:57

I am so giddy for tonight!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 09:01

But I'm still going to the MEN show!!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 12:33

How did you like the show? I thought it was brilliant, but I am very bruised!!!
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 06:34

I thought they were absolutely EMPIRE (Sorry !). In all my gigs at the Academy, I don't think I've ever seen it as bouncing from the back to the front of the venue, as when they played Fire. West Ryder has grown on me so much aswell. Great gig, great band but I think I'll give the MEN a miss, only because of it's size.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 07:28

Not sure how I did it, as I was right at the front, but I took over 100 photos!!! Most crap but some not bad.

And one slightly crunchy video...

Kasabian 3679728616_587cff07e3
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 07:40

Nice one SG, there's some great piccies on there ! I tell yer, Serge is one cool dude, the gig was so hot in there, we were at the side where the bar was near the front, they had this massive industrial fan bellowing out near us, god knows how warm it must have been where you were !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 13:17

I was drenched by the end of it, and euphoric! They are all such cool dudes! drunken
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jul 2009, 18:38

My Bury Vest wrote:
I thought they were absolutely EMPIRE (Sorry !). In all my gigs at the Academy, I don't think I've ever seen it as bouncing from the back to the front of the venue, as when they played Fire. West Ryder has grown on me so much aswell. Great gig, great band but I think I'll give the MEN a miss, only because of it's size.

OH COME ON!!!! IT'LL BE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jul 2009, 08:32

Didn't get tickets. It was mental. I was logged on over 30 minutes ahead; Seetickets on explorer Ticketmaster on Mozilla....refreshing constantly. 9 hits and Ticketmaster tells me no standing tix available. Try other sites, can't get through, finally get on Seetickets...sold out. What did I do wrong?

Sad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeFri 03 Jul 2009, 09:03

You know, I don't what it is betwixt me and Ticketrmaster...everyone else I know swears by them, but I never have luck. HOWEVER Seetickets have never let me down. Got through and got a ticket...seated unfortunately, but the seat isn't bad and it will no doubt sell out. And it might be nice to see them without having my sternum crushed....
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 19:14

Omg, saw Kasabian at Southampton Guildhall Thursday, and they were simply brilliant. Waiting two hours to get in paid off when we saw Chris going in and out of the tour bus, but was too shy to do anything. Was right at the front and was let in 30 mins earlier than everyone else, thanks to two lovely ladies who knew security. I got some great photos too. WIZ was recording an amazing band called Dark Horses (who are impossible to find on the internet) and when he was recording he crouched right in front of me and my mate. I was so gob smacked. She didn't really understand the significance of that event Razz The Hours were ok. When Kasabian came on, we both went crazy. At one point when Tom crouched in front of us he looked down and smiled, we were like "ahhh!" I could barely move though, being crushed against the barriers and I'm still hurting Crying or Very sad but it was so worth it. They played wonderfully and Tom was on fire (sorry!) as a front man. Got a smile from Jay too (can the man be any cooler?) At one point I was so hot that when given water all I could think of to do was to pour it over myself hehe. I danced like a lunatic and sang along like my life depended on it. Anyway it was the best gig ever, and I will never ever forget it. I'm just so happy that a huge band like Kasabian would play Southampton. It was like a religious experience and I'm sad that it ended. And a bit gutted that the closest venue on their arena tour is Wembley Sad , but I think the intimate nature of this gig is better. Anyway sorry about the huge review, but I need practice for uni next year Razz I'll try and post some pictures.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 19:36

Glad you liked it!! Suonds like you had a blast. The Academy show was so fantastic!!!! I also thought The Hours were OK, but wow, Kasabian.....I'm surprised the Academy didn't implode. The place went nuts. I too got fairly crushed and the next day I actually thought my sternum might be broken!!! But, hey, anything for Rock and Roll! Would love to see you pics!!!

I am seeing them at the MEN, but I am so mad at myself I cannot tell you. Getting the tickets for the show was a nightmare - the trauma of getting the Bridgewater and Elbow MEN tickets cannot even compare! I thiought I was all prepered. Logged on to Ticketmaster 8:30 and had Seetickets up and was refreshing and biding my time - but to NO avail. How could all the standing be sold out at 9:00? And I couldn't get into Seetickets til 9:30 and could only get seated, which I did. But I only bought one. Whyt did I do that?? I just panicked! I tried going back to buy more but the site was busy again and I couldn't get through. So I'm seeing them...alone. I actually posted a thread about ticket-biuying tips cos I'm rubbish and crack under the pressure. Everyone else I speak to swears by TM, but they always let me down.

I hate buying concert tickets. The stress kills me.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 20:00

That is ridiculous, but I can understand the panic buying, but it may not matter that you're alone once the music starts. Not sure how to upload pictures from my documents Embarassed but I do have an amazing picture of Tom as my avatar. Forgot to mention the funniest bit of my evening. Ridiculously I wore sandals and was slightly stuck to the metal bit of the flooring and could stand it for the support acts but as soon as Kasabian came on I threw them off and tried for the next 2 hours to save them Razz A nice guy at the end told me they were by him so that was lucky. Sigh, I could talk about the gig all day and night, but don't wanna bore anyone. Btw did you see the first support act? I've been trawling the Kasabian forum and the only mention of support is from the Hours. I'm still a little confused why WIZ was recording their set, had they played on this tour before and why did only the few people let in first see them? Ah so many questions that I really shouldn't dwell on. But it was funny when Dark Horses were playing 'cause my mate went "oh look that guy looks like Serge." I looked over and it was she was taken aback when I told her it was. Was quite funny a few minutes later 'cause I think Serge hid behind an amp as he probably saw people were staring at him and a little later Tom did the same. They kept poking there heads round the corner like they were playing a really bad game of hide and seek Razz
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 20:13

I think there's a bit in the tutorials that shows you how...scroll down a bit to find it.

Love your avatar! We only had one support (thank God!). That is curious. Don't know about anyone being let in early at the Academy. I was first in line and when we went in there was no one else there, and no support act. One of the roadies (the old grizzled one) brought out a pink birthday cake and gave some of the people in line a piece!

LOL! What possessed you to wear sandals!! At least you got them back. I know my friend was a bit worried for me cos Kasabian fans have a bit of a bad rep at shows - throwing cups of pee around and fighting and such, but the crowd were great. Rowdy. But no pee. No fights. The guy next to me used my shoulder as a arm rest, but other than that...
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:04

It was hot Razz I knew there would be issues. Hmmm it's so weird about the support act, and it's a shame I can't find them on internet 'cause they were bloody good Sad Some guy elbowed me in the back so hard and 'cause I'm quite short and the barrier reached my chest, my breast bone is killing me and my arms were either up all night on resting on the barriers so they hurt. I did use some guy's shoulder to rest my head 'cause I was so knackered, the same guy that told me about the shoes, and he didn't seem to mind which was ok. Just can't get over the smile from Tom *sighs*. Ok will now try and upload best pics.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:11

Kasabian Dsci0111

Kasabian Dsci0112

Kasabian Dsci0113

I have loads more so I might set up and account on Flickr, so people can see the rest.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:14

You know, most of the time I'd rather have guys behind me than girls. Girls always try to push their way through and take your place. A girl tried to do that to my friend Kim at the 2ndElbow Apollo show, a girl did that to me at this other show, and another girl tried (but failed, ha ha!) at Kasabian. I hate that. it's already crowded at the front, I got there first, I waited in line, it's MY spot! Finally the pushy girls abandoned ship and it was just the guys. Fine by me.

Can't wait to see your pics!! Mine are on Flickr, I think I already posted the link.
xx
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:14

GOD! Your photos are really good! I'm jealous!! That one of Serge is fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:35

sundaygirl wrote:
GOD! Your photos are really good! I'm jealous!! That one of Serge is fantastic!!!!

Yeah I totally agree with the guys vs girls ting, and a guy behind my mate did keep apologizing. And thanks. I think that's my fave too. I only took pics during the encore songs, so I could dance like a mad woman during the main set. My fingers were really sweating (lovely) and I was holding onto the camera as if my life depended on it. Downside of that was I was to busy taking pictures to sign or bop along to Vlad Sad Oooh I'd love to see you pictures.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:39

Here's a link to my flickr page. I went mental. I took over 100 photos! Most nbad!! LOL! But I am quite pleased with a few of them....

Last edited by sundaygirl on Sat 04 Jul 2009, 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 21:41

Oh, Vlad! "GET LOOSE GET LOOSE!" That and Club Foot...geeez! The crowd went NUTS!!!!!! Oh and Processed Beats!!!! Empire! Fast Fuse!! Shoot the Runner!!! LSF!!! Sigh, what a fab night... drunken
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 22:22

Wow those pics are amazing. Tom pulls the funniest faces and the one of Serge and his acoustic guitar is just Shocked. I have just made my own Flickr page yayy (which is bad for a photography student as I was supposed to do it ages ago Smile ) And all the photos that are clear enough are up. Oh and yeah most of the songs made people crazy. Probably Fire, Club Foot, Cutt Off and Empire were the most popular. I wish they would play the B.I.C in Bournemouth in November Sad They've played there before. That and Richard Hawley bypassing the south has made me annoyed *shakes fist*.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=40132008%40N04&q=kasabian+southampton+guildhall&m=text
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 22:38

Oh, yours are sooo good!! But, yeah, it is strange. I did a search and couldn't find you either...maybe cos it's brand new? I still kind of new to flickr so don't know all the ins and outs yet.

I am impressed, deeply impressed by your excellent Tom photos. I found him annoyingly hard to shoot as he moved around so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kasabian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kasabian   Kasabian Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kasabian
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next