elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations

Go down 
+20
sundaygirl
hilaryg
Jones
mrswoman
Dr Evil
Glendarian
Dobz
Dabamash
nellie
lucky with disease
Topaz
Lesley Gilks
TamedLamia
al
bluejayway
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
WOBLEwoble
ChrissieInFL
ticky
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 15:44

An old friend who moved to Canada sent me a funny mail today and this is the one that made me laugh most....
Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Katze_10

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Rofl2
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 15:38

For once, some good news for an old broad: at a party I went to over the past weekend, I was introduced to a friend's brother, and after we'd been chatting a while, he asked my age (we'd been discussing music and he was surprised I recognized a couple of older bands he mentioned). When I told him I'm 43, he was shocked. "I thought you were 30, maybe 35 tops!" he said. I immediately offered to get him a drink, though his assessment of my appearance may have been affected by alcohol consumption anyway. Whatever, I'll take it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 16:12

Fantastic Chrissie - and welcome back!!!
Well, that sure beats what happened to me in the Deaf Institute (venue in Manchester) when some bloke asked me: "Aren't you a little old for this place?"
Criiiinge! Embarassed Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 16:28

Jones wrote:
Fantastic Chrissie - and welcome back!!!
Well, that sure beats what happened to me in the Deaf Institute (venue in Manchester) when some bloke asked me: "Aren't you a little old for this place?"
Criiiinge! Embarassed Sad

Thanks Jones, been waiting for the summer travel and vacation time to be over, so the kid could go back to school and leave me in peace to web-surf! Laughing

And did someone really say that to you? You're a gorgeous gal, how dare he??? Again, I will chalk it up to too much booze or something. I wish I'd been there...I'd have hit him upside the head with my zimmer frame! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Sep 2011, 16:35

Weeelll... He was probably right... Suspect
But anyway, I just said that I wasn't aware of any age limit and if my presence offended him so much he could just leave. Still. Not very nice, though... Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 14:35

Jones wrote:
Weeelll... He was probably right... Suspect

The only way he'd be right about you being too old, Jones, is if it was a Wiggles gig. Otherwise, he's talking a load of old Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Balls310
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 14:52

I must admit, I'm feeling my age at the moment with regards to going to gigs. There's nothing I like better than being right down the front to watch a band, but I do feel a little out of place, especially when the other gig goers are in their 20's/30's. For God's sake, I really should have grown up by now - I'll be 50 next year!

Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 14:58

ticky wrote:
I must admit, I'm feeling my age at the moment with regards to going to gigs. There's nothing I like better than being right down the front to watch a band, but I do feel a little out of place, especially when the other gig goers are in their 20's/30's. For God's sake, I really should have grown up by now - I'll be 50 next year!

You know, I do feel that way once in a while too, Ticky...and then I think to myself, WWJPD (What Would John Peel Do)? Would he be worried about being "too old" for a gig? I'm thinking....not. Cool And then I decide that I can go to whatever show I like and stand wherever the hell I want, and unless I'm in physical danger (i.e. NO MOSH PITS), then the hell with whoever doesn't like it! Razz
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 17:53

Last edited by lucky with disease on Mon 10 Oct 2011, 22:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2011, 20:28

lucky with disease wrote:

Time for me to call it a day?

No, no,no, NO, Frances!
Be wherevere you WANT to be!
If u wanna be up the front: be there! If u wanna sit down: cool.
Just please yourself and to hell with the begrudgers - life's too short!

(Very recognisable in that vid, Frances - FAB!!! Razz )
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 21:57

Me and my friends, along with 14 yr old daughter are off to see Friendly Fires in November. I desperately want to be in thick of things but am a little worried again about feeling old!! Shouldn't be that way and hope we don't feel too out of place.
Back to top Go down
Rochdalegirl
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 10:15

Hey Lynne, don't worry about that!
I'm taking my 14 yo daughter to see Avril Lavigne in a couple of weeks and am pretty sure I'll be the oldest there but you're as young as you want to be! Smile x
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 15:30

Lynne wrote:

Me and my friends, along with 14 yr old daughter are off to see Friendly Fires in November. I desperately want to be in thick of things but am a little worried again about feeling old!! Shouldn't be that way and hope we don't feel too out of place.

Gaaah! Again: who gives a f...!
For heavens sake, do as you please!!!
Why not be in the thick of it? Do it and have a ball!
You go, Lynne!!!
Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Elmo%20dance
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 17:31

Mind you - It's always good to be down the front so you've got the barrier to lean on when your rheumatism starts giving you jip! Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 08:27

Very good point Ticky. LOL! Loving the Elmo tag, how cool is that!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 17:02

Hiya Lynne! Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Ref=ox_ya_os_product I'm sure you (and Rochdalegirl) will have a great time! My daughter's a little younger than yours, but when I take her to shows, she comes right up front with me whenever it's safe/appropriate for her to do so. She and I both like being in the throng, as long as it's not too crazy up there for her, but we really haven't had an issue yet.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 16:11

At the moment I feel really old, because some stupid comment of some monsterparent about singles not doing their duty for population Mad
I did not choose it to be a childless single. It's hard enough to find a good partner with the expieriences I had to take when it comes to sex Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9