elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations

Go down 
+20
sundaygirl
hilaryg
Jones
mrswoman
Dr Evil
Glendarian
Dobz
Dabamash
nellie
lucky with disease
Topaz
Lesley Gilks
TamedLamia
al
bluejayway
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
WOBLEwoble
ChrissieInFL
ticky
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 08:08

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Wonder if Annie has to use reading glasses. Need to use mine more and more !!
+ need more pairs - keep leaving them in unknown places. !!! Mad

I've got reading glasses all over the house and I can STILL not find a pair when I want them
Back to top Go down
Topaz
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Topaz

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 10:48

I was thrilled when the other day a woman thought my oldest daughter and I were sisters! I wanted to hug her. Hee.
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 19:30

Nellie, accept the enevitable. We are all routing for you.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 21:34

Lesley Gilks wrote:
Nellie, accept the enevitable. We are all routing for you.

Ha! But Lesley, self-delusion is half the fun of being this age! If I didn't pretend I was still on the right side of middle age, I wouldn't be able to get up in the morning! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 06:01

Exactly, Chrissie! Naturally, at 46, I haven't reached middle age yet.................... Wink
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 18:26

ticky wrote:
Exactly, Chrissie! Naturally, at 46, I haven't reached middle age yet.................... Wink

Aah your still only 30-16 lol!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 18:50

yes.
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 13:37

OK nellie...so, using your math, I am now 30-11. I'll have to let my friends know so they don't keep referring to me as being 41! Laughing
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 16:54

Exactly! 30-11 is a lovely age Very Happy

Oh and I've seen your photo on Elbow fans, you dont look anywhere near 30-11 Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 17:28

Thanks nellie, you're very kind! Smile As it happens, I had just sent a pic of myself to a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while, and she sent me back an email saying that she thinks I'm "aging well"...now, I'm not sure if that was meant as a compliment or what, but I shall be a "glass half full" type of person and take it as such! Laughing Funny thing is, I looked at the pic and first thing I noticed was how clearly you can see the bags and dark circles under my eyes, which are a fairly recent development and one I'm not happy about...gotta get me some of that L'oreal crap that Diane Keaton's always pushing on the telly!

Here, see for yourself -

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Newav_10

I think we're all gorgeous on this thread, anyway - the hell with Tina Turner and the rest! We're awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 17:45

You're looking great! Definately take it as a compliment.
And you're right we are all gorgeous, lovely Elbowies cheers
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 16:53

You're stunning Chrissie! Obviously you have a very healthy lifestyle!
Does it have anything to do with living in Florida?

I feel like death warmed up today - I've got my first hangover for 2 years. I now know WHY I gave up the booze for a bit! I'M DYING.......................................................
pale
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2009, 23:20

I do remember getting over hangovers by mid day many years ago, once upon a time !! Rolling Eyes

Now - I daren't have too much !! No Limits get less and less.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 07:47

NEVER AGAIN!....... It's only this morning that I'm starting to feel better.
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2009, 21:07

Glad your recovering ticky. NEVER AGAIN !!! REALLY????

Our lady ANNIE is supposed to be on Jools tongiht. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 14:05

At the local restaurant in our holiday village the waitress thought I was about 20 Shocked
Though my optical age might be young, I don't think, a man in that age would be interested in ladies over 30 Sad
And in the Bar near our village a man made me a compliment , who was still quite good looking but very clearly a alcoholic Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 16:56

ticky wrote:
I feel like death warmed up today - I've got my first hangover for 2 years. I now know WHY I gave up the booze for a bit! I'M DYING.......................................................

Oooh dear...that sounded like fun...NOT! I noticed my tolerance for the booze has also lessened in recent years. I never was one to drink till I was legless, but even so, I need to be quite reasonable nowadays or I pay for it big time! Twisted Evil

WOBLEwoble wrote:
Our lady ANNIE is supposed to be on Jools tongiht.

Will have to look for this online at some point since I can't watch it live. Has she got a new album out?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 17:48

[quote="ChrissieInFL"]
ticky wrote:

Oooh dear...that sounded like fun...NOT! I noticed my tolerance for the booze has also lessened in recent years. I never was one to drink till I was legless, but even so, I need to be quite reasonable nowadays or I pay for it big time! Twisted Evil

Tell me about it!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:48

Alright, this is officially pathetic...went out with a couple of my girls on Saturday, and after dinner we went to a club to see a local band. This band was not the one that we usually see there on a Saturday - they were all a bit youngish-looking. When they started playing, it was all covers of the new-alt bands that are popular with the under-21's around here - Breaking Benjamin, Coheed & Cambria, Linkin Park, Rise Against, that sort of thing...we were all just sitting there, thinking, "OK, we're too old for this shit!" Seriously, except for about 2 songs, every tune was a teen-angst epic and we were just not enjoying it at all. We left before the end of the set and just felt so lame...we can't get into the music that these kids like at all. We have turned into our parents!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 12:56

Ah Chrissie - I empathise completely. However, you do have to feel sorry for the 'kids of today' - the majority of 'modern music' is utter tosh! We are far cooler!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 13:02

ticky wrote:
Ah Chrissie - I empathise completely. However, you do have to feel sorry for the 'kids of today' - the majority of 'modern music' is utter tosh! We are far cooler!!!! Wink

I agree...lots of what's out there right now is pure crap...but then, I guess that's what my folks thought when they used to hear me listening to Adam Ant back in the day! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009, 20:56

I'm told at work by some 30s colleagues that I don't act my age. This is a good thing!!! Very Happy - knowing how I act!!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:13

Hi everyone. Not been around for a while but in the words of Q (from "Deja Q" Star Trek - TNG), I'm back!
What's hanging?
Lesley
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 10:57

Oh, you know, this and that..... pretty quiet really.

BTW BBC are starting a series of programmes called, wait for it..... Grey Expectations!!
Back to top Go down
Lesley Gilks
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2009, 16:09

Terry Wogan must be a member of the Forum. Someone at the Beeb has taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations   Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of a certain age.............. Grey Expectations
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next