elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Things To Make You Smile

Go down 
+39
SwingKing
@MrIanGibson
sparky
Wretch
NeonChoir
MagicalTrevor
hacmac
leespoons
Mr_K
mrswoman
Mr Woman
ChrissyBoy
Mollyb
Dabamash
Kim
bluefield
sundaygirl
al
Lesley Gilks
ticky
Lynne
newborn
My Bury Vest
Stockhaus
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
heshofcheese
Hotblack
fadeupyoursmile
ChrissieInFL
ElbowFreak
Leo
bluejayway
yesman
nikkijaydee
Jones
TamedLamia
Grant
nellie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 10:31

Haha ha ha ha. Oh, you are so baaaaad! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bluefield
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 13:34

I always have a Finbarr Sauders moment in Wimbledon fortnight when it is time for the mens semi's
On the radio on Friday when when discussing the forthcoming games an announcer stated that "the mens semi's were enormous this year", to the sound od badly supressed giggles from his co presenter in the studio.
All this in the same week as Mrs Slocombe's pussy being in the news, its all too much for me.
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 14:23

I am crying 'cause of the pure genius of this.

Here's Hitler's reaction to Micheal Jackson's death...

https://www.youtube.com/user/stubod2001#play/all/uploads-all/0/ELyTBXzfQJ8
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 14:28

Oh...my....God!!!!! Funniest thing I have ever seen!!!
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 14:30

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh...my....God!!!!! Funniest thing I have ever seen!!!

Haha I know. The thing about Heal the World *wipes tear from eye* The man is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: AITB Promos...   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 19:14

I saw my brother at the weekend, and was spewing at him about the general awesomeness of Elbow Week and how much I love Elbow. Then he says "Wait here, I've got something for you". He disappears to his room, comes back a minute later and hands me a CD in a cardboard sleeve. I look down at it, and it is one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140332438859&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=200361713420&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BP%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D10

A rare (apparently) 2-track promo CD from 2001, with Red and Scattered Black and Whites on it. I haven't listened to them but I presume they're the album versions. He'd seen it in a CD shop ages ago and bought it randomly, he never even listened to it. It's just been sitting in his CD collection for years and years. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:07

This doesn't *really* need it's own thread, i'm not going to move it as i'm not sure where to put it, but i'd personally put it in the small things that make me smile thread, you're not asking anything or inviting discussion, just stating a (Rather cool, admittedly) fact.
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:22

Oh sorry, didn't realise there was a thread like that! Like you say, I wasn't sure where to put it either hehe. If you can point me to the thread I'll put it there instead?

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:27

Done! Collective modship ftw!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:33

Kim wrote:
I saw my brother at the weekend, and was spewing at him about the general awesomeness of Elbow Week and how much I love Elbow. Then he says "Wait here, I've got something for you". He disappears to his room, comes back a minute later and hands me a CD in a cardboard sleeve. I look down at it, and it is one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140332438859&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=200361713420&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%252BP%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D10

A rare (apparently) 2-track promo CD from 2001, with Red and Scattered Black and Whites on it. I haven't listened to them but I presume they're the album versions. He'd seen it in a CD shop ages ago and bought it randomly, he never even listened to it. It's just been sitting in his CD collection for years and years. Very Happy
Hey that's ace!!!!!

A,nd well done to you too Al!!! Wink

Something good hapapened to me too. I took out £40 from an HSBC ATM but the money didn't come out. It was last Thiursday, Elbow day, and I was meeting my friend and we were ging to have a meal and then go to the Britaon's Protection. But I had to call the bank, report it and be told that they'd check it out, and if it was a fault with the maching, and if there was a £40 discrepency, then I should get my money back. Well, today I got a letter. Thye looked into it, was the machine that was faulty and put the money back!!! Yay!!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 20:59

Thanks Al!

And glad you got your money back sundaygirl... that is not a small sum to lose. Surprised Nice to know the banks do their job properly sometimes!!
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 21:44

meeting my friend today made me smile very much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:39

Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:41

Ohhh!!!! Poor thing!!! He he.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:48

My eldest daughter went on a school trip to Boulogne today.

She brought back a leather keyring which she had engraved "The Worlds Best Mum" on it.

She can be an absolute **** at times but at others the bestest daughter in the world. Bless her, made me smile.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:49

Ahhhh, that is fabulous!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 21:57

Aww so sweet! ^_^ Nice to know you're appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 20:35

Heeeheeee, I'm watching Torchwood Children Of Earth. I know, I know... but my boyfriend said that this 5-parter was actually quite good and he hates Torchwood normally.

Anyway, in the cafe scene near the beginning of Day 3, One Day Like This is playing in the background!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 20:52

My grandparents sent me a cheque for £50, for no good reason!
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 12:43

Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Nn8wer

All day - every day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 12:44

Ummmmmm drunken
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 15:59

They're both so pretty though....

Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 3679825664_7a49a8dd22
Back to top Go down
WOBLEwoble
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
WOBLEwoble

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 16:04

I will get to see them one day - still searching for decent tickets!!

sunny some sunshine here at last today. My daughter in Warrington had hail stones this morning. scratch
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 16:07

I got absolutely DRENCHED today. I'm only now drying off...
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 17:10

Oooh gorgeous piccies as ever. That's put a huge grin on my face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Things To Make You Smile   Little Things To Make You Smile - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Things To Make You Smile
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: the hole (in the neighbourhood)-
Jump to: