elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 06:39

Hi MT - Got dragged to the Peveril Of The Peak round the corner mate, for a very swift one pre gig and back there after, was gonna go to The Brit but by the time t shirts and toilet visits were had, it'd have been hammered in there, so we opted for a quieter pint.

Am absolutely knackered, 2 very late nights and 5am starts are catching up with me !!

How was yours and Mrs MT's night ? Any preference on which was the better night ?
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 07:03

Last night was better than Weds, preferred the gallery seats, despite being further back the view of the orchestra was loads better. The link up with Castlefield was excellent, and the atmosphere was just slightly less formal than Weds...think a few extra pints had been downed, as the crowd seemed more up for it.

Met Beck from Elbow's management team in the BP afterwards, so got a chance to thank her in person for putting the link to here on the Official website, and also to make her and her hubby extremely jealous about us moving to Canada!

No band meet-ups afterwards tonight. I found out where they were but was told that they are flying out to North America this morning, so the tour manager is pressuring them to have an early night...yeah, right! Anyway, thought it was best to leave them alone, for once. So we went off and had (another) kebab then hit the hay.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 07:14

Nice one mate, personally I preferred the stalls, am just grateful really that I sampled both views as the Gallery seats were excellent the night before, also.

Must admit, I was staggered by the turn out at Castlefield.....naively I thought there may be 2,000 or so that attended.

i know it's been said before but this site is full of some real diamonds and it was great to put faces to names on Wednesday night.

I tell yer, could murder a kebab right now, need to go shopping today, as when I got in last night it was a desperate tomato sauce and quaver sandwich on white.........it was as dreadful as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 07:15

It's been a bit of a week for everyone, I should think everyone is feeling completely exhausted as are we!!

What are we going to talk about now. Only wish they have done some sort of recording so that we can relive it over and over again......

Will remember this for a long time yet.
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 07:24

Awww!!!!! I am so pleased!!!!Will PM You. Thanks again! Oh, I LOVE that photo!!!
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 07:35

There are a few videos on youtube, just watched Scattered Black and Whites and I really shouldn't have! Simply beautiful, sniff
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 08:18

MagicalTrevor wrote:
No band meet-ups afterwards tonight. I found out where they were but was told that they are flying out to North America this morning, so the tour manager is pressuring them to have an early night.

Actually, this can't be right cos they are playing Oxegen tomorrow, they aren't in NA till 22 July.

This is what beer does to you, kids.
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 08:54

al wrote:
There are a few videos on youtube, just watched Scattered Black and Whites and I really shouldn't have! Simply beautiful, sniff

Just watched the scattered b+w video on Youtube. The sound quality is excellent. Worth a watch, but have your tissues at the ready!
Back to top Go down
nikkijaydee
little beast
little beast
nikkijaydee

Female Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 09:54

So glad everyone enjoyed it. Was so upset to have missed it but life goes on. Consoled myself by watching the Abbey Road DVD. Might have to pay a little visit to Youtube later and have a look. Although the way my hormones are at the moment I might be inconsolable!! I have already cried at some silly tv programme this morning about long lost half sisters that met for the first time!!

Ps - thanks for all the best wishes in my ticket thread, you guys are so lovely. I used to be a member of a forum for another northern band but they were so cliquey and nasty it was unbelievable xxx
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 09:58

Nice one munchkin ! Hope you're feeling a little brighter today, am sure you'll be able to look forward to and relish the MEN date even more now ! My Abbey RD DVD will get a hammering this weekend.....hopefully you'll be able to see the Halle show on a future DVD as it was being recorded last night.

Best Wishes to yourself and bump !
Back to top Go down
captain pugwash
fallen angel
fallen angel
captain pugwash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:06

My Bury Vest wrote:
.hopefully you'll be able to see the Halle show on a future DVD as it was being recorded last night.

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
HANNAN372
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:16

big thanks to munchkin for tickets what can you say about lastnight great band great vunue and couldnt have picked a better set list will buzz off this until sept and the MEN.
Did,nt see many touts last night hope scum on ebay got fingers burned saying that didnt see many empty seats once again big thanks to munchkin for selling at face value unlike said ebay scum.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:22

Nice one Munchkin.

I know it's been said already - but what a buzz meeting you lot - you really are a great bunch of people. We are really looking forward to MEN in September.
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:24

Has anyone noticed how many guests there have been on the forum over the last couple of days....
I wonder who they may be ..... (!)
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 10:32

Probably people like me, who perused for months before then deciding to 'take the plunge !' Smile
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 11:55

Argh I just crafted a beautifully written review of last night and then technical gremlins ate it. grrr.

The summary of which - bloody fantastic night. Very emotional, starting with Station Approach, my all time favourite song ever. I did have to break out the hanky during Scattered Black and Whites.... I think everyone has already said what I could say about the performance, it was very special indeed.

Lucky enough to have a seat in row B of the stalls which was great for seeing the faces of Craig, Joe, Guy, Mark and Pete but rubbish for seeing Richard and most of the orchestra. Perhaps a bit too close but got some good photos which I'll try and get online today.

Great to meet everyone again in the pub, and also meeting Mr&Mrs Magical Trevor, who we have to thank for us all being here in the first place! Long drive home, got to bed at 2.45am!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:10

We were in row C centre the first night - don't know...can never be too close for me!!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:17

hilaryg wrote:
Great to meet everyone again in the pub, and also meeting Mr&Mrs Magical Trevor, who we have to thank for us all being here in the first place!

Aw shucks...you guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
newborn
friend of ours
friend of ours
newborn

Female Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:44

We were sat directly behind Mr & Mrs MT last night right up in the very top - one row from the very back. Personally, from someone who likes to be in 'the thick of it' (Row C on Wed), it really couldn't compare! It was great to see things from a different perspective and we could appreciate the orchestra much more up there, but for me, the atmosphere wasn't quite the same. I was very tired though and Wednesday, for me, will really take some beating. I spent most of Thursday smiling! Smile
It's been a great week and I feel honoured and privileged to have been able to have gone - I know I was lucky to have gone to one night - but both! I am a very lucky girl!
It's been great meeting everyone from the Forum. For now though, we will have to hang up our ballgowns Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:46

And I didn't get to wear my tiara either....
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:49

I took some photos last night, will post them when I get home.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:56

RIght, the best of my photos are on photobucket here. I shall try and work out how to get them onto ning at some pont mrswoman!

My favourites:

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 IMG_1032

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 IMG_1043_2

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 IMG_1053_2

And just for Kim:
Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 IMG_1033
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 12:57

OK, mine are going to seriously suck next to these....
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 13:05

brilliant photos Hilary! Thumbs Up!
I'm not even bothering to put mine on. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 13:07

nellie wrote:
brilliant photos Hilary! Thumbs Up!
I'm not even bothering to put mine on. Rolling Eyes

I know...show off. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 20 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next