elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra

Go down 
+54
weatherhead
allyngibson
oneofthethree
LongLegs
Eag
neil68
redliz2
heshofcheese
Grant
evad
andy_landy
yesman
Cestriansteve
bluefield
HANNAN372
captain pugwash
Tom
sparky
shandylegs
badabing
Mr Woman
MrsMagicalTrevor
ChrissieInFL
evilpixie
mrswoman
Glendarian
ticky
WOBLEwoble
Tailfly
Lynne
Jones
MagicalTrevor
SmilinSkullRing
KieranFunzig
disposablehero
Hotblack
lucky with disease
newborn
Kim
Lillybef
My Bury Vest
gazzmatazz
takemeanywhere
Stockhaus
Honorella
Prestwich Red 143
fadeupyoursmile
nikkijaydee
Emma G
nellie
sundaygirl
al
hilaryg
Misspelt Yoof
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 11:16

All of the pots clan in one place!
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Female Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 11:19

SPOILER ALERT!

Here is a review from the Independent
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 11:31

Thats a great review SG, would struggled to have put it any better.......there's another review on 6music website.
Back to top Go down
captain pugwash
fallen angel
fallen angel
captain pugwash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 12:25

Thank you all so much for your wonderful coverage, I've been waiting and waiting to read what how it went!
It just sound so amazing. Just a little question, someone earlier said that it will be on BBC Manchester? Was that last night or tonight? Really hope it's tonight!
Back to top Go down
Tom
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:01

captain pugwash wrote:
Just a little question, someone earlier said that it will be on BBC Manchester? Was that last night or tonight? Really hope it's tonight!
There was a tweet on http://twitter.com/BBC_MIF which says "If you can't be at Castlefield or the Bridgewater for Elbow/Halle tonight, hear live coverage on 95.1FM or online."

I've not seen any mention of it elsewhere, so maybe 'coverage' just means a couple of reporters interviewing the audience Sad
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:11

Nice coverage and a little Guy interview on the BBC site
Back to top Go down
captain pugwash
fallen angel
fallen angel
captain pugwash

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:23

I've not seen any mention of it elsewhere, so maybe 'coverage' just means a couple of reporters interviewing the audience Sad[/quote]

Thought it was too good to be true! Does anyone know if any kind of recording is being made? (for us no hopers who can't make it)
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:30

captain pugwash wrote:
I've not seen any mention of it elsewhere, so maybe 'coverage' just means a couple of reporters interviewing the audience Sad
Thought it was too good to be true! Does anyone know if any kind of recording is being made? (for us no hopers who can't make it)

Aye, I rang BBC Radio Manchester earlier as it makes no mention of it on the schedules and according to them it's not going out as a simulcast of anything like that, either tonight or anytime in the next 10 days. I can only hope she was wrong scratch
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:31

Just got back myself - what can I say? A wonderful, wonderful evening; like everyone else I'll say more after tomorrow when I won't be risking spoilers. I do hope there's a recording of at least some of it.

Thanks MT and SG for the photos. Who was it took the group one beforehand? It was lovely to meet you all and looks like you had a great time afterwards too! Smile Enjoy tonight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sundaygirl
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 13:34

mrswoman wrote:
Ace pics Sundaygirl & MT (good ones from Monday too SG). I'll post your special 'absolution' one Very Happy with a couple more after we've watched The Culture Show back. (It's a good watch and hilarious in places: John Robb appears to want to punch Peter Pink Suit at one inflammatory point when he's slagging off Kraftwerk. Div!)

Oh, I can't wait to see the absolution one!! Can you send me a copy?? I love you

I was practically in tears after. I was so happy!!

Oh, can I just mention that Nellie is a GODDESS for getting me Guy's setlist?
Back to top Go down
nellie
friend of ours
friend of ours
nellie

Female Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 14:30

Sarah wrote:
ticky wrote:
May I just say what an extraordinarily gifted musician that Craig Potter is.... Wink
And i think i might add how well conditioned his hair is... I wonder if he uses product!? Laughing

HAHA I told my friend he has lovely shiny hair Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 14:34

Wow!!!! What a time y'all had...and how happy I am for you guys! Seems like it was an absolute dream of a night, and the pictures are proof of it! Well done forumsters! Only wish I was on your side of the pond and could have met all you lovely folks. Sad Not to mention the fact that you had the chance to say hi to the Potters!

As happy as I am to be going to their show in Atlanta next month, and as lucky as I know I am to be seeing them live AT ALL, considering their US tour schedule, you guys had the total experience (orchestra, lovely theatre, forum meetup, and actual pics with the lads). I am madly jealous, but still so pleased for you all! For those who are going to tonight's show as well, hope it's just as awesome, and please post any new pics you get so that I may live vicariously through your experiences! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lillybef
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lillybef

Female Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 14:36

First of all I just want to say thank you so much to LWD for giving the chance to go last night and have a truely amazing evening.
Also it was so nice to meet some of yur from the board last night. Sorry I didnt get to see you after but I had to get home. Looks like I missed a treat though.

For anyone who is going tonight, i am so jealous as I want to go again Smile, but have a brilliant time.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 14:57

<scrolling past all the above posts without looking>

Right, just leaving for Manchester now. Very excited!! Will head for the pub when I get there. bounce
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 15:01

sundaygirl wrote:
Oh, I can't wait to see the absolution one!! Can you send me a copy?? I love you
Of course SG, can you PM me with your email addy? Very Happy

So, more pics! For higher res versions and a few more shots, clicky onto Flickr

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 3704355292_70796cf780
Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 3704344796_67f30b958a
Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 3703539531_d28f25e788
Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 3704352694_f58536aa57

Big, big thanks to Craig, Mark and Joe Duddell for indulging us last night. As if we weren't all giddy enough with the forum meet then being overwhelmed by the performance, having a chat afterwards really was the cherry on the icing - with silver balls and hundreds & thousands!

It's been said many times before, but unlike so many of their peers in the music industry, Elbow really are so approachable and grounded. We love you all the more for it, fellas.

LOL, Mrs MT got in before me mentioning Mark's hug for Magical Trev. What made it an extra surprise was that he was obviously tired after winding up the night's proceedings, but when Craig explained who MT was Mark summoned up a last burst of energy for that massive hug. Craig floored me too when we all descended on the stage door by saying, "I recognise you, you're Mrs Woman!" Shocked

Craig, if the band ever needs an extra pair of hands for new media or comms stuff... Wink
Back to top Go down
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 16:06

My review of last night's gig went out live on BBC Radio Manchester last night at around 22:45. Part of it is available to listen to here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/manchester/hi/people_and_places/arts_and_culture/newsid_8142000/8142231.stm
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 16:11

Oh good! That's you! I listened to it earlier and thought, how come this fella isn't signed up.

Might have known you were.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
takemeanywhere
little beast
little beast

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 16:13

Signed up for life, me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 16:35

Great review TMA; well put and good to hear you too. See you in September! Smile

Last edited by mrswoman on Thu 09 Jul 2009, 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 17:09

Hello there everyone,

Home safe and sound and just back from work.

What an amazing night, have to say flopped straight into bed exhausted from all the excitement. What a fabulous end to an amazing week.

We were sat up in the heavens (gallery) but what an amazing view. It was an awesome night one I'm never going to forget. The sound quality fab.

Was lovely to meet some more new faces and what fabulous pictures of Mark and Craig and of course you Forum Folk, you lucky lucky people.

Hope everyone who goes tonight has a wonderful time which goes without saying, you're in for a real treat. Enoy and Swooon!!!!

X
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 19:50

Anyone signed up on Twitter can track tonights concert via the Castlefield relay by following @BBC_MIF. Apparently Guy has just popped over the road to visit the Arena crowd for a quick tune!
Back to top Go down
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jul 2009, 22:55

Well you lucky people, how did tonight's Halle performance compare to last nights?

Any surprises, special guests, stunts, can't wait to hear from you.....

Looking forward to seeing some photos too.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 05:28

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to MrsWoman for selling me her ticket in the stalls, the view from Row J was amazing. There were no special guests and the setlist was the same as the previous night. Managed to swipe Mark's setlist at the end as they were soaking up the applause.

Words really can't express how good the previous 2 nights were, last night, the atmosphere and Guy, seemed a little more relaxed, the tittle tattle between Guy and the Catslefield crowd was really funny, especially with the time delay ! watching all the kids jumping up and down to get on camera had me in stitches !!

I really was trying to soak up every last moment of last night, to say I felt privileged was an understatement.........the 12 minutes of Newborn to Great Expectations to Friend Of Ours was unbelievable, had me on the verge of tears.

Elbow thank you, it was truly outstanding, roll on MEN in September.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 05:46

Oh, met Jimi from Doves, a pure Gentleman...spotted Marc 'Lard' Riley and Vikram who used to be in Coronation St aswell as Ranvir Singh the previous night from BBC News North West (swoon....) Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2009, 06:30

Where were you MBV? We missed you.
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra   Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow & The Hallé Orchestra
Page 19 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next