elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Empty
PostSubject: Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last   Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 16:19

Manchester International Festival is bringing together Elbow and the legendary Halle Orchestra for a set of very special performances.

Conducted, orchestrated and curated by composer Joe Duddell who is also the reader in music at Salford University, these concerts - taking place at the Halle's home, the Bridgewater Hall, on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th July - will include songs from the band's back catalogue and beyond.

Do not miss this historic event - tickets are onsale now at www.mif.co.uk or are available from the credit card hotline on 0844 815 4960.

"I've been going to the Halle since I was a kid. They are the original Manchester band, this is a dream come true." - Guy Garvey

Last edited by MagicalTrevor on Mon 23 Mar 2009, 11:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last   Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2009, 17:23

Thank you so much for this heads up MT. Tickets purchased!!
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last   Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Icon_minitimeFri 20 Mar 2009, 20:31

There's an interview with Guy talking about this to BBC North West Tonight's Tony Livesey here.

(True to their word, they did put Guy's dad's name on the weather map last night, but without Diane Oxberry on to mention it lol! )
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Glendarian
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Glendarian

Female Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last   Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2009, 07:44

I've just seen this - what a lovely interview. Many thanks to a friend (you know who you are I love you ) I'll be able to get tickets and can look forward to going. I too remember seeing the Hallé many times in my teens - the "wrong" side of the pennines, in Bradford's St George's Hall. Promises to be a wonderful event. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last   Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow And The Halle - Together At Last
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
elbow room only :: welcome to elbow room only :: elbow patch-
Jump to: