elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

Female Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-04-01

HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2008, 18:18

Does the media player makes your firefox break down too and a error message from Win Explorer or is something wrong with my net-connection?!
Can anyone record for me the next shows, including the Elbow-Special on 26th? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.katrins-elbow-site.de.vu
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

Male Number of posts : 891

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Dec 2008, 12:49

Elbow special you say? I've actually never listened to Guy's show (not much of a radio listerner at this point), but that sounds like easy fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Dec 2008, 14:20

I need a more specific error message if you want me to tell you what to do.
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Dec 2008, 15:40

This may be completely irrelevant, but I think Firefox is insanely over-rated. It may have less holes than IE, but I've found it to be noticably slower. Not to mention the problems such as this it seems to throw up - my uni's website portal won't even function properly with it. o_O

To the point, though... have you tried using a browser that isn't so temperamental? Razz Well, at least my post isn't quite so directionless as Dab's. ^_^
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Dec 2008, 16:38

I tried with Win Explorer, Firefox AND Safari. Firefox breaks down and gives a message "send the error to firefox", Explorer and Safari do a pop up that names a *.ram file and suspect the network...
I also can not lock in at Yahoo over my Webcreating program and that video they just offer at Coldplay.com I can watch neither.
I'm afraid it's a firewall problem of the clinic network. Crying or Very sad
Youtube works.
Dreamsister at the powderblue-forum said she can record Garv's Finest hour from last sunday for me and maybe she will listen the special on new year's eve but if you are able to do recordings of the oncoming Elbow-appearances at the Beeb it would be great so I can at least look forward to listen the stuff later... Smile
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Dec 2008, 23:10

Recording the show for you right now, TL...

Also.... these forthcoming BBC TV (3 documentaries) thought you would be interested in...

link to info about the documentaries:

Prog at the BBC

Hoping someone will get recordings so that you could see these too later if you wanted...
I can record audio easy enough, but not to sure about getting BBC4 off the TV...I havn't really progressed from VHS tapes!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 03:00

Oh yeah, prog at the BBC is very exciting. Very Happy Being progressive will be cool again yet!
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 04:00

I fear that with ELP and Yes getting first mention in the blurb, that it might still err on concentrating on pomposity, pixies and wizards and certain egos, with which it invariably gets labelled; but the inclusion of Caravan drummer, Richard Coughlan, all be it briefly, in a taster clip preview, bodes well for it having a little more rounded a view.
Back to top Go down
TamedLamia
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
TamedLamia

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Dec 2008, 16:49

Aw, thank you! You're really nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeTue 30 Dec 2008, 10:08

Jonny wrote:
This may be completely irrelevant, but I think Firefox is insanely over-rated. It may have less holes than IE, but I've found it to be noticably slower. Not to mention the problems such as this it seems to throw up - my uni's website portal won't even function properly with it. o_O

To the point, though... have you tried using a browser that isn't so temperamental? Razz Well, at least my post isn't quite so directionless as Dab's. ^_^

You deserve a quote for that. Firefox is far more stable, secure and versatile than IE. I must admit that it doesn't work for everybody, but the majority find it noticably faster. Plus you can use Ad Block Plus in FF which makes life so much easier. If you hate FF, at least get Chrome or something, just don't support the half-baked beast that is IE.

Anyway, the problem probably is the firewall, in which case there isn't much you can do about it. That's the joy of public internet.
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2008, 11:09

TamedLamia, Have you managed to get the 'Ebow Special' yet?
I havn't caught it yet as... I really wanted to catch the Ed Stewart special Christmas morning Junior Choice show, first
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/juniorchoice/

...before it went.

So if you havn't, I'll make time later...
Back to top Go down
Jonny
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Jonny

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jan 2009, 19:00

I thought BBC Four's new documentary was pretty damn good. Really quite fair I though - unlike that fucking Time Lapse show that was rerun yesterday. Made me most unhappy, that one. Looks like tonight's stars are Genesis - hoorah! It's only When In Rome, which I have of course watched to death already, but I like to see that they're on the telly, you know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!   HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!! I CAN NOT LISTEN TO GARV'S SHOW!!
Page 1 of 1