elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Radio 2 giveaway

Go down 
+33
Leo
Trains Are...Mint
Mirrorball
Dabamash
fadeupyoursmile
ukkonen
P 1
hilaryg
mrswoman
DavidM
heshofcheese
Jones
Grant
Goo5e
lordlee
Alison
Glendarian
Eag
Alec
lucky with disease
al
ElbowFreak
Kim
Misspelt Yoof
evilpixie
ChrissyBoy
Prestwich Red 143
Jonny
MagicalTrevor
Hotblack
Stockhaus
leespoons
Emma G
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
P 1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:01

Don't forget Radio 6 as soon as this has finished Smile
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:02

Just how much do I wish I'd been there??!!! Sounds unbelieveable
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:04

I'm of two minds about the 6Music special.
We'll listen again, but can somebody let us know how much Lighboaby is involved? I (Sarah) have a borderline allergic reaction to that man at the moment!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

Male Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:13

They've already put up a full video of the entire performance on the website. I'm jealous that I can't access it.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:15

I'll be ripping and 'Tubing bits of it tomorrow if I get some real work done inbetween...
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:25

Ahh, thank you. I missed some of the songs at the beginning and it looks as though the 'listen again' option for the broadcast isn't available. It's good that they moved on from Lightbody to Bramwell on the BBC6 special.
Back to top Go down
hilaryg
friend of ours
friend of ours
hilaryg

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jan 2009, 22:47

I hope the DVD/CD restore the second or so of dropped vocal in "some riot". Obviously Auntie Beeb is a bit sensitive about rude words on Radio 2.

Otherwise can't wait for the official package. Do you think they'll do a Blu-ray version or is that asking a bit much?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 00:01

No words to describe the emotions in this flat during that broadcast, literally no words, in fact i think we invented new emotions that have never been acknowledged before!
Let the bitterness that we weren't there begin!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 00:19

Incredible. Nothing more needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 00:29

Dabamash wrote:

Having attended, listened to the broadcast in the dark tonight and then watched the red-buttonry twice, I can confirm this is the case. cheers
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 00:38

Eag wrote:
Dabamash wrote:

Having attended, listened to the broadcast in the dark tonight and then watched the red-buttonry twice, I can confirm this is the case. cheers
You have no idea how much i want to hate you! Wink lol!
Back to top Go down
ukkonen
friend of ours
friend of ours
ukkonen

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 01:11

It's nothing like what the CD version will be like, but here's the radio rip of the performance with all of the tracks separated: http://www.mediafire.com/?g2ymnjdnzgv

Absolutely beautiful live performance. I live outside of the UK, so I'm unable to view the performance but I'll be waiting impatiently for the box set now.
Back to top Go down
Eag
little beast
little beast
Eag

Male Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 01:13

Sarah wrote:

You have no idea how much i want to hate you! Wink

Sad Even now we can all share?

Anyway, I promise never to be lucky again. Wink

I want to say something else about how fantastic it all sounds, but there's too much to choose from and few words complimentary enough Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Hotblack
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Hotblack

Male Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 10:23

Just watched the show via the red button. I've got my TV wired through the hi-fi.The sound is glorious. I have to admit I (and Mrs Hotblack) blubbed freely throughout. It was just magical. I really wish I'd been there.

I'm looking forward to getting the special edition cd/dvd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidjwhitephotography.co.uk/index.html
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 11:28

Came across the red button by accident last night when checking the football scores in between match of the day. i'd completley forgot - and wasn't really expecting it. By pure coincedence i got the start of the loop, and got to listen from the very beginning.

Really enjoyed this, thought the whole arrangement was superb and the quality for a live performance totally amazing. Looking forward to see what is reproduced on the CD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mirrorball
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 11:35

Just watched it and it was too incredible, no doubt TSSK has never sounded better than that. Friend of Ours was very emotional, especially when you think of why they wrote it, so fantastic to hear it live. The other highlights of it for me were Mirrorball, LOATCD and ODLT of course, so wish I could have been there, great to hear there's a cd/dvd as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trains Are...Mint
little beast
little beast
Trains Are...Mint

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 14:50

garv and pete couldn't help grinning like cheshire cats every now and then when they realised what they were actually doing.

nice work fellas.

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.rollingstockpress.co.uk
evilpixie
friend of ours
friend of ours
evilpixie

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 15:35

It wouldn't of hurt a few certain members of the audience to have cracked a smile occasionally! Smile The performance sounded great on the tv and radio, must have been awesome live.
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 17:09

OK, This is glorious... I think I've seen it all but not in order yet, might wait for the DVD for that though. Can't wait till March! I wonder if the DVD will be the same mix, (but including the Some Riot censorship) or if they will work on a 5.1 mix? That would be immense!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Grant
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Grant

Male Number of posts : 1703
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 17:46

................................. (*awed silence*) Was I the only one who fell apart when Guy's voice cracked on Friend of Ours? Razz
Back to top Go down
Emma G
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 20:46

Have watched it inermittantly throughout the day while doing some housewiffery. Highlights for me have to be Grounds for Divorce and Tower Crane Driver. TCD has always been my favourite track on the album right from my first listen on March 18th 2008 - but this version is something else. Ravishing.
Back to top Go down
heshofcheese
friend of ours
friend of ours
heshofcheese

Male Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 21:45

Emma G wrote:
Have watched it inermittantly throughout the day while doing some housewiffery. Highlights for me have to be Grounds for Divorce and Tower Crane Driver. TCD has always been my favourite track on the album right from my first listen on March 18th 2008 - but this version is something else. Ravishing.

Agreed! Didn't think they could top the Mercury Award performance, but that was something else!

Friend Of Ours was also simply magnificent. So moving. Sad Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.panicnow.bravehost.com/
Leo
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
Leo

Male Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Feb 2009, 23:12

BRILLIANT!!

Guy nearly cried, Grounds for Divorce had a massive string section, and well, I've got too many "wow's" to list!!

Awesome! They played audience with the pope! - a frank favourite of mine Smile

great stuff. some of the orchestra were right dopey bastards though Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leowatkinshomerecordings
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Feb 2009, 08:23

Leo wrote:
BRILLIANT!!

and well, I've got too many "wow's" to list!!

Awesome! They played audience with the pope! - a frank favourite of mine Smile

great stuff. some of the orchestra were right dopey bastards though Laughing

Watching on the red button- I thought 'Audience...' worked really well live, the way it was sung and played by the guys, slinky.

The contrast of the exhilerating climax of 'ODLT' to the poignancy come down of 'Friend of Ours was very moving.
Just seeing them play the first notes of last last song made me well up again. I got more emotional watching on TV than if I had been there with cameras there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Feb 2009, 14:40

ukkonen wrote:
It's nothing like what the CD version will be like, but here's the radio rip of the performance with all of the tracks separated: http://www.mediafire.com/?g2ymnjdnzgv

Absolutely beautiful live performance. I live outside of the UK, so I'm unable to view the performance but I'll be waiting impatiently for the box set now.

I really hope the CD doesn't sound like this. I can't see this passing the TurnMeUp! certification, the compression is horrid, so much so that I started listening to Starlings and had to stop. I think I'll wait eagerly for the CD!
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radio 2 giveaway   Radio 2 giveaway - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radio 2 giveaway
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next