elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New elbowfans giveaway comp

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

New elbowfans giveaway comp Empty
PostSubject: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2014, 20:46

Thanks to the lovely folk at Fiction Records and Universal, I've been sent two luxury heavy double vinyl albums, two CD versions and a HUGE poster promoting The Take Off and Landing of Everything for elbowfans' best ever giveaway compo.

New elbowfans giveaway comp Prizes10

To enter the contest you either have to be a member of the elbowfans site (no new registrations sorry, as the signup page has broken after updates) to PM the answers to me - mrswoman.  Or, like the elbowfans page on Facebook and message me the answers there.  ALSO - don't forget to tell me what you'd like if you win!

The questions are:

Q1: We all know Guy broadcasts his Finest Hour on 6Music, but on what date did BBC 6Music first broadcast?

Q2: The hero of surreal TV programme, "The Prisoner" was Number 6, but what's the real name of the location where it was filmed?

Q3: What is the real name of the American rock musician, producer and artist known sometimes as Number 6?

UK winners for the vinyl & poster only, sorry - but I'll post the CDs abroad if anyone overseas would like to play.

Winners will be drawn at the end of the month ... and good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar 2014, 23:49

I was all set to enter this, then I realised that I'm a mod, so I keep getting all the answers sent to me...guess that screws my eligibility Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar 2014, 11:40

Arf! With great power comes great responsibility... And exclusion from fan compos ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

PostSubject: Re: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitimeWed 02 Apr 2014, 18:56

Drum roll, please Jupp! Wink Our TTOALOE giveaway comp was drawn last night - and here's the answers and lucky winners (partly anonymised for privacy, *serious responsible face*):

Q1: When did BBC 6 Music first broadcast?
A: 11th March 2002

Q2: Famous for the character of Number 6, where was "The Prisoner" TV series filmed?
A: Portmerion, North Wales

Q3: Which US musician/producer is often known as #6?
Shawn Crahan (of Slipknot)

Our winners were:
Sue R,
Peter D,
Pete H,
Stephen JS
and KMac, a member of the elbowfans site.

Well done to those who were lucky, with thanks to everyone who took part and of course to Fiction Records and Universal UK for providing us with such lovely prizes. X
Back to top Go down
ElbowFreak
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ElbowFreak

Female Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitimeWed 02 Apr 2014, 20:03

Congrats! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New elbowfans giveaway comp   New elbowfans giveaway comp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New elbowfans giveaway comp
Page 1 of 1