elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies/DVDs

Go down 
+28
JessieAddick
NeonChoir
Kayleigh
josephblack
mrswoman
Mr_K
Misspelt Yoof
TamedLamia
Lesley Gilks
Tailfly
Grant
Jones
ElbowFreak
ticky
bluejayway
Mr Woman
al
fadeupyoursmile
Calum
Ted
ChrissyBoy
Hotblack
JulieinTX
Skeletor
Dabamash
MagicalTrevor
Jonny
ChrissieInFL
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr 2008, 20:40

thanks...but I don't think I'd like it...
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 May 2008, 21:30

Just saw Prince Caspian...doesn't have a lot to do with the book, but it's great
the only thing that some will hate is the fact that some scenes were ripped off from LOTR...scenes that weren't in the book...
but i loved it cheers
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

Male Number of posts : 2079
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May 2008, 11:59

Anyone seen Iron Man yet. It's not too bad imo, the effects are great and the story isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Skeletor
friend of ours
friend of ours
Skeletor

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2008, 12:47

Looking forward to The Dark Knight...
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

Female Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jun 2008, 17:18

Watched Into the wild and Everything is illuminated in hte last two days... woah there emotions!!!!
Back to top Go down
Calum
friend of ours
friend of ours
Calum

Male Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 15:39

Into the Wild... need to see that one again. I did like it, but I don't know if I loved it.

Watched Poolhall Junkies last night. Good bit of fun!
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 16:54

Watched Prince Caspian yestrday, good film, but nothing like the book!!!
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 17:19

I liked it too, I think it would have annoyed me if I had read the book before hand, as it was I just enjoyed the impossibly pretty male cast!

I'm a perve Embarassed
Back to top Go down
fadeupyoursmile
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
fadeupyoursmile

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 18:17

You're only two years older than the youngest bloke... and i'm keeping my mouth shut!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 13:20

Bringing this thread back from the dead, because there are a lot of things coming up in the theaters and on DVD that I'm looking forward to...

I'm a giant animation freak, for a start, so I am very hyped to see Up, the new Pixar release, when it arrives next month (well, here anyway...y'all in the UK will have to wait until the fall). And I am also a freak about films from Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki, and his most recent film will be released here in August - not sure about UK date for this one.

Also very excited about a film adaptation of the classic childrens' book Where The Wild Things Are...this was one of my favorites as a kid and the film, directed by Spike Jonze, looks promising. If you're interested in watching the trailer, you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

Last but not least, another one I am looking forward to is Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat, Helena Bonham-Carter as the Red Queen, Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum...should be interesting if nothing else!
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 13:54

^ I agree with every single one of those. Two adaptations done by the perfect directors for the job, and any animation where the lead character is a grumpy old man must be good. Very Happy

The best films I've watched recently have been Milk and Watchmen. Loved both!
Back to top Go down
Mr Woman
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Mr Woman

Male Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 19:35

Can't wait for the Watchmen DVD to come out. I didn't get to see it at my local cinema as I'd just got out of hospital when it came out and I didn't feel up to it. I hope the lukewarm reviews weren't justified; I want to see a slavish adaptation of the book! Smile
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

Female Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 19:42

I have a lot of films to suggest, sorry!
A Clockwork Orange is one of my favourite films. I can watch it again and again. The book is bloody hard going though and I didn't finish it, but I think we study it next year Smile
Scum. Ray Winstone kicks ass, that is all!
Quadrophenia. The Who and my obsession with the mod culture, made this film perfect.
A Hard Day's Night. The script is witty as hell.
Beauty and the Beast is just....beautiful Rolling Eyes . Sorry couldn't think of another word for it.
Young Frankenstein. I love Marty Feldman in that.
Lost Boys
Shaun of the Dead. Hilarious!
Moulin Rouge. Stunning, and great costumes.
Dangerous Liaisons
Queen of the Damned
The Shining
The Crow. Ah Brandon Lee = massive I love you
Edward Scissorhands

That's all (for now.) As you can see I love watching films. Sorry the list is so long Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 19:53

Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 20:54

That is brilliant, thanks Dabamash!
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 21:26

No probs. Made me laugh, so i though I would share it.
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 21:27

Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 08:18

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Bringing this thread back from the dead, because there are a lot of things coming up in the theaters and on DVD that I'm looking forward to...

I'm a giant animation freak, for a start, so I am very hyped to see Up, the new Pixar release, when it arrives next month (well, here anyway...y'all in the UK will have to wait until the fall). And I am also a freak about films from Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki, and his most recent film will be released here in August - not sure about UK date for this one.

Also very excited about a film adaptation of the classic childrens' book Where The Wild Things Are...this was one of my favorites as a kid and the film, directed by Spike Jonze, looks promising. If you're interested in watching the trailer, you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

Last but not least, another one I am looking forward to is Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland. Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat, Helena Bonham-Carter as the Red Queen, Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum...should be interesting if nothing else!

I am also a big fan of Miyazaki (my avitar is Totoro - one of my favourite films of his).

There are still a few people who only think of Disney when cartoons are mentioned. Comparing Miyazaki to DIsney is like comparing Elbow to Simon Cowell's dross. I can't recommend his films more highly.

That Tim Burton film sound fantastic - I'll definately go and see that when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
al
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 08:51

ChrissieInFL wrote:

I'd like to point out also that Michael Sheen is playing the White Rabbit and Alan Rickman is the Caterpillar. Come ON!
Back to top Go down
ChrissieInFL
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ChrissieInFL

Female Number of posts : 1523
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 13:32

al wrote:
The best films I've watched recently have been Milk and Watchmen. Loved both!
Haven't seen Milk yet and I really want to! I'm sure it was fantastic.

Dabamash - those recuts are killing me! Very funny! Thumbs Up!

Just watched a DVD that I got out of the library...had wanted to watch this for ages. It's called The Devil and Daniel Johnston, and is a music doc on singer-songwriter Daniel Johnston, who is not a household name but very well regarded in Indie circles (Beck, Wilco and Eels are among the many artists to cover his work). He suffered from mental health problems, including manic-depression, which put him in an institution for a few years. It's a remarkable story, even if you're not familiar with his music.

One more thing, for those who are interested in Burton's Alice in Wonderland film...here's the usually lovely Johnny Depp in his costume and makeup for the Mad Hatter (and we thought he looked funky when he played Willy Wonka!):

Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Johnny10
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 20:00

I LOVE this re-cut. It's one of my earliest favourites on YouTube. It did genuinely scare me though Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bluejayway on Wed 22 Apr 2009, 20:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bluejayway
friend of ours
friend of ours

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 20:02

ChrissieInFL wrote:
Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Johnny10

Oh my god! He looks fantastic. Micheal Sheen and Alan Rickman you say? Ahhhhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 20:17

Dabamash - those recuts were BRILLIANT - I've never seen them before. Are there any others?
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 20:21

I'll see what I can dig up
Back to top Go down
Dabamash
we're away
we're away
Dabamash

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 20:24

the Ring anybody?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies/DVDs   Movies/DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movies/DVDs
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next