elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Noise Sessions

Go down 
+25
Open arms
MagicalTrevor
Lozzmeister
albutch
andyg1
djvh
RDHawkins
suered
Funny Bone
mrsC
Jones
stonepony
Sherbetdip
lebowski
OllieCT
mitchy
fragrant_monkey
My Bury Vest
lucky with disease
Alec
Cestriansteve
oneofthethree
Kim
LongLegs
ticky
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
OllieCT
fallen angel
fallen angel
OllieCT

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011, 09:13

I really wish I could buy a ticket off of one of you and get the chance to meet the wonderful people on here but I've looked so many times and trains from Sheffield are a nightmare, I'll check out buses.
Back to top Go down
Jones
we're away
we're away
Jones

Female Number of posts : 2266
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011, 20:00

Gutted I can't go to this...
Last gig of the year should be a blast!
Back to top Go down
Cestriansteve
friend of ours
friend of ours
Cestriansteve

Male Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011, 22:14

Jones wrote:

Me too. :'-( Although I can't really complain. It's been a great year. 7 Elbow gigs including Manchester Cathedral. Would have been 9 if I'd been able to make Little Noise (work commitments) and Sheffield Arena (Appendicitis).

Great to meet so many lovely people from these forums, My Bury Vest, Sarah, Simon, Jones, Mr & Mrs W, Len, Monkey, Kim, Ticky, Lucky With Disease, Emma. The list goes on and on. Fantastic people who have helped make each show that little bit more special. I hope to see you all again on the road in 2012.
Back to top Go down
mrsC
newborn
newborn
mrsC

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 14:11

Hello fellow Elboys fans!

I'm new on here but have been following you on Twitter for ages & 'spoken' to Mrswoman a couple of times! Look forward to being part of your community and hopefully see you on Tuesday in Hackney -IF Viagogo deliver our tickets in time Crying or Very sad Has anyone else had problems with delivery of tickets from them?

Back to top Go down
Funny Bone
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 17:21

Really looking forward to Tuesday but a bit stressed about parking - does anyone have any good suggestions? We are coming from the South and ideally want to avoid using the train as it'll make it a later night than driving. Don't mind parking out of the area and tube/walk/train to the venue as long as it's going to be practical to get back to late at night!

Any ideas if it will be first come first served pews lilke at Union Chapel?
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 17:49

I'm new on here as well, but have been lurking for a while. So excited that I'm going to this on Tuesday. I couldn't get tickets, but a very kind friend managed to get them, she is now my best friend forever!

I am travelling by train, and staying in Leyton, getting to the venue by bus, hopefully.

I am wondering if it will be like Union chapel, saw Keane there a few years ago. Sorry it's moved venues, but I'm sure it'll be just as amazing!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RDHawkins
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 14:04

Funny Bone wrote:
Really looking forward to Tuesday but a bit stressed about parking - does anyone have any good suggestions? We are coming from the South and ideally want to avoid using the train as it'll make it a later night than driving. Don't mind parking out of the area and tube/walk/train to the venue as long as it's going to be practical to get back to late at night!

Any ideas if it will be first come first served pews lilke at Union Chapel?

If you look on Google maps theres a Tesco with a decent sized car park just the other side of the railway line, I plan to park there and walk over.

Map

Rob
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 20:22

Just wondering if anyone still has a spare ticket, I have a friend who lives in Walthamstow and would love to go.
Back to top Go down
RDHawkins
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 09:18

Ok, scrap the idea of parking at the Tesco's. Contacted a local on another site and they recommended either Amhurst Road (pay and display after 7) or Wilton Way (off Graham Road) for parking.

suered - I might have a spare ticket, depends whether I can persuade someone I know to come, I'll let you know later.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 09:28

Really gutted you won't be able to make it, Jones and Cestrian Saint. Sad

Welcome to you new folks, looking forward to meeting you! If all goes to plan I'll be near the front of the queue so come say hello to a short brunette with a red scarf!

For those driving, there's also some info on the council car parks here - http://www.hackney.gov.uk/ek-car-park-councils-478.htm - closest ones being Amhurst Road and St John Church Yard Car Park.

Suered, out of those who have offered tickets previously I think Cestrian Saint might also still have a spare.
Back to top Go down
RDHawkins
newborn
newborn

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:07

suered wrote:
Just wondering if anyone still has a spare ticket, I have a friend who lives in Walthamstow and would love to go.

Sorry, I've persuaded someone to come and experience elbow live so no spare ticket any more.
Back to top Go down
My Bury Vest
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
My Bury Vest

Male Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:38

Cestrian Saint wrote:
Jones wrote:

Me too. :'-( Although I can't really complain. It's been a great year. 7 Elbow gigs including Manchester Cathedral. Would have been 9 if I'd been able to make Little Noise (work commitments) and Sheffield Arena (Appendicitis).

Great to meet so many lovely people from these forums, My Bury Vest, Sarah, Simon, Jones, Mr & Mrs W, Len, Monkey, Kim, Ticky, Lucky With Disease, Emma. The list goes on and on. Fantastic people who have helped make each show that little bit more special. I hope to see you all again on the road in 2012.

Thanks a lot pal - likewise.

Reckon I'm in need of an Elbow break (not these boards though, still be on daily, contributing as and when !), gonna try and have some time out from their tunes - desperately hope that the next tour thinks of the 'old timers' on ERO. Hope all that attend the Little Noise gig have a great time ! Smile
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 14:30

@DRHawkins thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Funny Bone
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 16:01

Thanks for the parking advice- I had looked on the council website but the car parks all looked quite small. Will just have to hope for the best! I'd imagine the st johns one will be out of action as the band/crew etc are bound to use it for their gear. Our plan is to get to London for late lunch- mooch around and get there for doors. We have the day off yippee!! Think this is our 9th elbow gig and I reckon it'll be the best!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 22:21

Suered - The mate I'm going with is teetering at the moment on whether he's going to pull out or not... I'll know by the morning. It's very much a 'maybe' at the moment I'm afraid but if your arrangements are flexible enough, you'd be welcome to take the ticket and get it from me at the venue before doors open. I know you can't send PMs and not sure if you can receive them either, so get in touch with me at kimmiky at hotmail dot com and we can exchange phone numbers if you're interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
djvh
fallen angel
fallen angel

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 23:20

We will be there ! So excited. See some of you in the queue!
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 10:51

Kim wrote:
Suered - The mate I'm going with is teetering at the moment on whether he's going to pull out or not... I'll know by the morning. It's very much a 'maybe' at the moment I'm afraid but if your arrangements are flexible enough, you'd be welcome to take the ticket and get it from me at the venue before doors open. I know you can't send PMs and not sure if you can receive them either, so get in touch with me at kimmiky at hotmail dot com and we can exchange phone numbers if you're interested. Smile

Still a maybe but it's looking unlikely that he'll make it. Suered, hopefully you'll be checking the forum today, get in touch if you want the ticket!

EDIT: He's definitely not going now. Haven't heard from suered either so if anyone else needs a last-minute ticket or knows someone who does, get in touch. Smile
Back to top Go down
andyg1
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 13:36

Hi All i have 2 spares for tonight in Hackney and can PDF them to anyone who wants them feel free to contact me on 07976 794988

Thanks

Andy
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 14:02

Its looking like a beautiful day...................see you later brothers and sisters! x
Back to top Go down
Alec
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 15:43

I'll be there tonight. Only my second Elbow gig (did the Album Chart Show back in Mar), but coming with my daughter who's dead excited.

I hear it's standing downstairs this time round. Although a bit more "rock" than Union Chapel, I quite like the old laid-back vibe that Little Noise used to have. On the plus side, of course, it does mean they can fit more people in...

And I'm one of the few people where the new location makes it much easier to get to, which is a result. Just hope we like the new venue.

Parking should be the normal hassle that it always is in Hackney, but I doubt this gig is going to add huge numbers of cars into the equation. I do know, however, that some of the local roads are restricted up to 11:30pm!

Oh yes, and I can confirm that Suered will be there (from a FB post from her last night)
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Little Noise    Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 13:38

Setlist

The Birds
The Bones Of You
Mirrorball
Grounds For Divorce
The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver
The Night Will Always Win
Dear Friends
Weather To Fly
Open Arms
Lippy Kids

Starlings
One Day Like This

Not a bad set, Guy was on his usual form (pissed probably), telling us how Pete and Mark had sent shivers up his spine for 20 years, but lacking in some things and overdoing it on other things. There is a celebratory aspect to Elbow songs, but does Guy really need everyone to move their arms in different ways to different songs for every single song - it kills any spontaneity from the crowd, as they're being instructed what to do. The majority of the songs are so good that you don't need to force a reaction from the crowd.

And then the choice of songs. From the European setlist we lose two of the three key "rockier" songs - Neat Little Rows and Station Approach - and the set has nothing from before TSSK. It would be sad to think Elbow might think they have to shave off that edge that they have on their older and rockier songs to keep their audience. The first three albums are easily and very cheaply available and I can imagine people have gone back and discovered them post TSSK and will never have heard any or much of them live. And they paint a much broader picture of the band than the current setlist does. What also becomes clear with the set is how the songs off build a rocket don't stand up to TSSK. The Night Will Always Win and Dear Friends sort of meander whereas Tower Crane Driver and Bones Of You steamroller past you. Open Arms wants to be One Day Like This but doesn't reach far enough.

Don't get me wrong, there are moments where they transcend what most other bands are doing, but those moments are pretty much all TSSK. Hopefully three months off will reinvigorate them and they'll come back to us with a set and gigs that reflect the whole of their range and catalogue.

I'll post my recording later in scattered flacs.
Back to top Go down
mitchy
little beast
little beast
mitchy

Female Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 14:13

WOW, am speechless, what a magical day! Big love to Ticky, Kim, Fragrant Monkey and Queen Ali for making it even more special, we are now the Potterside massive! All my friends and family have been bored to death with the Mark photo, what a lovely geezer. Spending the day sighing in my duvet...............
Back to top Go down
oneofthethree
friend of ours
friend of ours

Male Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 14:36

Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 16:11

It was indeed a night to remember. The lads were on sparkling form, even though they have been on the road for so long this year and must by now be in need of that well-earned break.

My best wishes to the members of the Potterside Massive - even though I missed the one to one photo sessions that the others managed with Mark (He had left just as I arrived back from the bakery with provisions). I trust that Queen Ali enjoyed her birthday, especially when she got that special present from the band after the gig - (a set of Juppsticks). Also great to meet so many other followers of the Band, you were all great company.

As well as it being a great gig, I think a few words of thanks must go to all the people at St John last night that made it all work so well. The security team were a great crew, joking along with us throughout the long afternoon, especially the lady whose daughter is off to Jamaica soon. And another mention for the lady from the event sponsors who dashed out with a handful of big umbrellas at the first sign of a shower. You all helped keep us in good spirits.

And here, hot off the press, are a few piccies from last night - the pick of those I shot from the front row:

http://www.flickr.com//photos/24599347@N00/sets/72157628109700297/show/

(The link should take you straight to a slideshow)

Last edited by fragrant_monkey on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albutch
newborn
newborn
albutch

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 16:28

fragrant_monkey wrote:

And here, hot off the press, are a few piccies from last night - the pick of those I shot from the front row:

Great photos, thanks for sharing them Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Noise Sessions
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next