elbow room only
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
elbow room only

A community forum for fans of the mercury prize winning manchester band

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little Noise Sessions

Go down 
+25
Open arms
MagicalTrevor
Lozzmeister
albutch
andyg1
djvh
RDHawkins
suered
Funny Bone
mrsC
Jones
stonepony
Sherbetdip
lebowski
OllieCT
mitchy
fragrant_monkey
My Bury Vest
lucky with disease
Alec
Cestriansteve
oneofthethree
Kim
LongLegs
ticky
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Funny Bone
newborn
newborn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 17:22

Elbow are Elbow- another great gig, but I can't imagine not enjoying an Elbow gig. I (too) would have loved some older stuff and Neat Little Rows which is a definite highlight of the current album but you can't please all the people....What they did perform, they performed well, and I really don't think you'll find many live bands better than them at the moment. It certainly is a far cry to the first time I saw them countless years ago!!

Highlight of the night for me was Grounds For Divorce- kind of ironic being in a Church! Lifted the roof off . Thought the sound was superb all night in fact

As for the change in venue- well, it isn't a patch on Union Chapel unfortunately. It didn't have the same ambience and being able to sit in pews, meander around to loo/bar without losing your spot- then having plenty of room to stand/dance/clap etc when the band came on. It just kinda felt like many other venues I've been in -just with a higher roof and stained glass window.

Big thumbs up to the supports acts too - particularly enjoyed Maverick Sabre
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 21:09

Ace photos Phil!! Really shows just how close we were.

Think last night's got to be up there with the top gigs for me, it was really special. Probably partly because of the fantastic company, it was (relatively) local to me for once, and 'cause it was the last gig of the year. The lads really were on flying form. Top highlight of the gig for me was Dear Friends - first time I'd seen them play it and it had me absolutely sobbing - and overall highlight getting another ace pic and hug with Mark. Very Happy

Thanks so much to the Potterside Massive (including Phil as the now official Picnic Master) for making the long wait fly by and be a really enjoyable part of the gig experience.

And Ticky brought me a bottle of Elbow beer - thank you so much!! It has pride of place on my bookshelf!
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

Female Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 21:38

What a night! One of the best gigs I've been to! Managed to get to the barrier on the left hand side, and apart from the annoying camerman who was filming, had a great view.

Unfortunatley I didn't check the forum yesterday morning, as had a train to catch, so sorry didn't see your messages about available ticket!

I agree it wasn't a patch on Union Chapel as a venue, but the lads still made it special.

My photos are ok, but nowhere near as good as yours fragrant_monkey!
Back to top Go down
Lozzmeister
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 21:50

I thoroughly enjoyed the gig last night and while you're possibly right about them cutting Station Approach (my fave) and Neat Little Rows, I'm guessing they where given a specific time constraint and filled it with as many crowd pleasers as feasible.
Guy's vocals were spot on and I do believe he really draws on the crowd feedback too. The response to Open Arms was summat I wasn't expecting and it lifted the roof further....

We arrived early and got there as they were going in for the sound check and caught Mark outside having a fag, he posed for a photo with the missus and chatted briefly. What makes these guys different from every other band one sees these days is how approachable they are... and that venue and the atmosphere really hammered home that point last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 23:04

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
Kim

Female Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 23:09

suered wrote:
Managed to get to the barrier on the left hand side

Don't suppose you were one of two very nice ladies me and Ticky were talking to after the show when we were sitting on the wall outside hoping the band would come out? Eventually leaving much later on when we all had to catch last busses?
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

Female Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 07:36

Thanks for posting that OOTT - I did see you at the left of the stage chatting to one of the bouncers, but I couldn't get your attention and certainly wasn't going to lose my well earned place at the front.
Back to top Go down
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 07:37

@ Kim, yes it was me! Nice to meet you properly!
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 07:46

Ditto everyone above - what makes these gigs special are the people with you (apart from the three twonks behind me, one of whom insisted on jabbing her handbag into my back constantly - very unpleasant). A big 'thank you' to fragrant monkey for the very welcome tea and doughnuts - you have officially been appointed the ERO cake monitor from now on! I so enjoyed meeting Mitchy and Ali and I'm really looking forward to the next batch of gigs to see you again.

The definite highlight for me was Dear Friends - I couldn't work out what it was at first, it sounded almost ethereal. Had a little weep in Mirrorball. What is it about Elbow gigs - when you least expect it, even with a song you've heard a gazillion times, the tentacles reach...

Kim and Alex were absolute darlings and put me up for the night. I can't tell you how welcoming it was to arrive at Kim's house to have a freshly prepared crisp bacon sandwich waiting for you! Yum yum!

Not long till March... cheers
Back to top Go down
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 07:46

suered wrote:
@ Kim, yes it was me! Nice to meet you properly!

HELLOOO again - you should have said something, mind you, so should we!! How lovely to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Alec
newborn
newborn

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 10:51

Completely agree with you in every respect Funny Bone.

It was an *outstanding* gig in my view, up there with the best I've been to - completely inspirational.

Maverick Sabre were brilliant. I'd missed all but their last song when they opened for Tinie Tempah at his TCT Albert Hall gig in the Spring, so was glad to see them properly - brilliant.

And yes, lovely as St John's is, it's just a big gig venue with a tough acoustic for rock/pop. None of the uniqueness of UC. Sure they can cram more people in, and make more money for Mencap, and many prefer the whole standing gig experience, and the ability to get to the front. However, I loved the whole seating vibe, and respected that they used to keep the front rows free for family/friends/and to allow the people that the charity is supporting to get a rare good view.

Loved it, but would love to see it return to UC.

My pics from Tuesday: in my FB gallery here
Back to top Go down
MagicalTrevor
administrator
administrator
MagicalTrevor

Male Number of posts : 1822
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 16:18

I merged the two topics 'Little Noise Sessions' and 'Little Noise' - Please try not to duplicate topics.

Thanks,

MT
Back to top Go down
http://elbow.heavenforum.com
suered
fallen angel
fallen angel
suered

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 17:37

Kim and Ticky, fancy it being you! Here's to meeting up at a future gig!

I haven't told my friend that there might have been a ticket after all! She hasn't seen them before and isn't a big fan, YET!

@ Alec - great photos!
Back to top Go down
fragrant_monkey
fallen angel
fallen angel
fragrant_monkey

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 21:18

Alec wrote:

My pics from Tuesday: in my FB gallery here

Loved the photo set, Alec! Thanks for the link.

Now that I've had a little while to absorb the events on Tuesday, a few random thoughts:

1. I missed the older numbers, Station Approach has been a staple for a some time and one of my real favourites.
2. That said, I can't criticise what they did play at all - Dear Friends, The NIght ... and Grounds for Divorce all stuck out as massive highlights.
3. For the last gig of a very long year, the heavy element of crowd participation was fully justified. The Band and the crowd seemed to get into 'party mode' together, which was huge fun.
4. I have no experience of the Union Chapel venue, but St John's was lovely. The sound at the front was well balanced and clear, although those at the back told me they suffered from a lot of echo and lost the vocals.
5. Roll on 2012!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011, 21:21

Last edited by Toasted Toast on Mon 19 Jul 2021, 00:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Open arms
little beast
little beast
Open arms

Female Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov 2011, 13:56

Queen Ali wrote:
Some photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vibranthearts/sets/72157628134575091/

Beautiful photos !! cheers

And Laughing Mark looked definitely to be THE guy you met randomly in the street !
Back to top Go down
http://simpsonvips.canalblog.com/
ChrissyBoy
leader of the free world
leader of the free world

Male Number of posts : 1345
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Nov 2011, 16:19

some nice pics form all you folks, looked great.
Back to top Go down
Lozzmeister
fallen angel
fallen angel

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov 2011, 21:20

Well me and the wife were probably stood alongside or next to most of you. We arrived early and saw the lads going into their sound check. Talked to Mark and got a photo..
It's possibly one of the best gigs I've seen in a very long time. The crowd were awesome and Guy responded phenomenally. In such a venue I thought the sound quality where we were (about 10 ft from Pete) was magnificent.
Been trawling through some of the stuff on you tube today.. Does anyone know when the video that was being shot will be available?
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Dec 2011, 18:23

Lozzmeister wrote:
Does anyone know when the video that was being shot will be available?
Looks like tonight: The highlights from Little Noise are being broadcast on Music on Four on Channel Four tonight (early hours) at 12:45am http://t.co/FgJ2zeF6
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
Lynne
friend of ours
friend of ours
Lynne

Female Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 10:28

Some great shots Queen Ali. Have it recorded from last night. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
mrswoman
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
mrswoman

Female Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 13:53

More Little Noise/elbow links:

Charity auction of signed Nord Keyboards and Larrivée Guitars for Mencap

The Nord keyboard's already at a cool £1,000.
Back to top Go down
http://elbowfans.org
ticky
leader of the free world
leader of the free world
ticky

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 20:49

A little disappointing - only 2 songs. I thought that the whole gig would be shown. It did bring back some great memories of a wonderful night though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jonnyw
fallen angel
fallen angel
jonnyw

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 20:54

Oh you can see my slaphead on the front row.......fame at last !
Back to top Go down
lucky with disease
tower crane driver
tower crane driver
lucky with disease

Female Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 21:25

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/the-great-ticket-scandal-channel-4-statement

Channel 4 has defeated an injunction in the High Court on Wednesday, 22 February and can now reveal an important public interest investigation into how real fans are paying the price for hidden practices used by live event promoters and a major 'fan-to-fan ticket exchange'.

Dispatches, which will air on Thursday, 23 February at 9pm, went undercover inside one of the UK's biggest ticket reselling websites - Viagogo - and found that major promoters allocate hundreds or even thousands of tickets to be sold through their website at well above the face value.

Tickets for recent gigs and tours by Coldplay, Rihanna, Westlife, Take That, and V Festival have been allocated by the promoters in this way.

The application for an injunction was brought by Viagogo on the grounds of 'breach of confidence' and it was dismissed on all counts at the High Court.

A Channel 4 spokesperson says: 'We are pleased that we can now broadcast in full a programme of important public interest. It is disappointing that having provided Viagogo with a fair opportunity to respond to the allegations uncovered by our investigation several weeks ago, they chose instead to seek an injunction which would have effectively stopped the broadcast of our programme.'

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/the-great-ticket-scandal-related-links

The following links relate to The Great Ticket Scandal. All links will open in a new window.

The main companies investigated

Secondary ticket exchange Viagogo.

Secondary ticket exchange Seatwave.

Research into the secondary market

OFT Report
OFT report on ticket agents and the secondary market from 2005.

Report by the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee.
A report by the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee on Ticket Touting from 2007/2008.

Government Response
Government response to the CMS Select Committee Report of 2007/2008.

Gorvernment Response
The government response to the February - May 2009 Consultation on Ticketing and Ticket Touting.

Report on the mrger between Ticketmaster and Live Nation
Report by the Competition Commission on the merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster.

General information

OFT guidance
An OFT website with guidance on tickets.

Sharon Hodgson MP
Website of Sharon Hodgson MP, who has campaigned over legislation for the secondary ticket market. Sharon Hodgson also has a site dedicated to this issue.

Petition
'Stop Ticket Touts Profiteering' petition sent to HM government by Coldplay fans.

Touting information
Rugby Football Union site on touting.

Touting infromation
Sport and Recreation Alliance on touting.

Secondary ticketing agents information
The Association of Secondary Ticket Agents site.

Concert promoters information
The Concert Promoters Association site.

Artciles

Leonardo da Vinci resold tickets are invalid, says National Gallery
The Guardian report on the National Gallery actign against ticket resellers.

Coldplay tour sells in seconds - fans launch petition against touts.
Digital Spy report on a petition created by Coldplay fans.

Take That fans lose out as touts sell tickets online for a staggering £100,000
Daily Mail report on Take That tickets.

Behind the music: Putting the secondary ticketing agents on the spot
The Guardian blog on secondary ticketing.

This scam has been going on for years now. Its effects so many honest, hardworking people, who just want to enjoy themselves, with their family and friends. what do the artists think about this? do they care? Im not sure. We must act now, and get a petition in motion. I have already signed the coldplay fans petition, against these crooks.

Thank you for exposing this scandal. These two companies have even sabotaged cash-strapped parents' ability to buy tickets to see their children perform in the National Youth Choirs of Gt Britain at the Royal Albert Hall on 9 April. Heard from a friend today that she cannot get tickets to see her son as the event 'sold out' almost immediately the tickets went on sale, but there are plenty tickets at Seatwave and Viagogo at criminally inflated prices. Clearly these companies are relying on the fact that parents are virtually obliged to get tickets by whatever means necessary rather than let down their children. I say to the parents: contact National Youth Choirs of Gt Britain and tell them you will not allow your child to perform unless they can arrange tickets at face value. No children, No event! It's an absolute disgrace and must be stopped.

I think this is a disgrace, and commend channel 4 for bringing it to the publics attention. IT is surely a sad reflection of , the times and government we are living with, that this has been allowed to continue

Surely there must be grounds for a prosecution for fraud or pecuniary advantage under the theft act, and/or conspiracy to commit fraud, referring to the fact that employees use credit cards with relatives addresses to obtain tickets by deception. Disgraceful, I hope they are made to reimburse those customers who were duped.

You can join in the discussion about the programme on Twitter using #TicketScandal.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/anyday
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Noise Sessions   Little Noise Sessions - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Noise Sessions
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4